Post a reply

Indian Open Semi-Finals/FInal

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Wednesday 27th of February ~ Sunday 3rd of March at The Grand Hyatt Kochi Bolgatty, Kerala, India

Down to the last day of the event, that sees both the Semis and of course the Final be played on same day.

Defending champion John Higgins trying to get back to winning ways, his last title coming here after having a poor season by his standards, whilst veteran Anthony Hamiton trying to capture his 2nd ranking event title, or will Matthew Selt/Lyu Haotian win their 1st?

All to play for on Sunday.

DRAW

Semi-Finals
John Higgins v Matthew Selt Higgins leads 5-3
Lyu Haotian v Anthony Hamilton Haotian leads 2-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Indian Open Semi-Finals/FInal

Postby Cloud Strife

They should move this tournament to Pakistan next season. Might get more top players entering then and better crowds too.

Postby hendry_fan

So it,s the Wizard of Wishaw v Hendrys best pal. :chin: :-)

COMMMMME ONNNNNNN JOHN!,send Selty packing and double quick so he can get back to the UK in time so he can see His pal Stephen play in the World Seniors 6 reds Championship. :happy:

:trumpet: :happy: :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Selty: Snooker island’s former darling. Will he take his trousers down like the last time he won something? Some weird little non-sanctioned thing in China

Wait. What?

Postby gallantrabbit

Honestly the players championship leaves me cold...from 32 to 16 to 8...And O'sullivan doesn't think there's enough for the top players...fool...

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Honestly the players championship leaves me cold...from 32 to 16 to 8...And O'sullivan doesn't think there's enough for the top players...fool...

O'Sullivan talking rubbish?

Whatever next? Ebdon playing slow?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Honestly the players championship leaves me cold...from 32 to 16 to 8...And O'sullivan doesn't think there's enough for the top players...fool...

Ronnie just talking rubbish as usual no im wrong its worst he has taken to twitter with videos recently and he looks like a man on the verge of a breakdown

Postby Wildey

Todays result means John Higgins has to Win the Title in Preston to get in to the Tour championship in Llandudno.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Prince of bottlers v king of comebaks. Think Selty is in trouble.
I love seeing unfamiliar faces. Hope it's Selt v Hamilton

Yea im with you i love seeing a bit of change yea we all know this tournament is not the biggest but for some that 50K means a lot and will elevate their status in the game.

a sporting tour is made up of big and smaller events and every one of them is important in their own way as much as the shoot out isnt really snooker it was a very important win last week for Thepchaiya Un-Nooh proberbly saved his tour spot for the next 2 years.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Ronnie just talking rubbish as usual no im wrong its worst he has taken to twitter with videos recently and he looks like a man on the verge of a breakdown

Would you eat meat for ranking points?

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Prince of bottlers v king of comebaks. Think Selty is in trouble.

Yea im with you i love seeing a bit of change yea we all know this tournament is not the biggest but for some that 50K means a lot and will elevate their status in the game.

a sporting tour is made up of big and smaller events and every one of them is important in their own way as much as the shoot out isnt really snooker it was a very important win last week for Thepchaiya Un-Nooh proberbly saved his tour spot for the next 2 years.

Shouldn't be a ranking event. <ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Its not a Ranking event it carries ranking points like the PTC

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

It shouldn't carry ranking events like a PTC. <ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

It shouldn't carry ranking events like a PTC. <ok>

you know me i agree on that its below pot black and Big break in terms of prestiege.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Lyu looking favourite now.

He is getting close to a top 20 ranking :hatoff:

6 chinese players in the top 32 and Liang Wenbo not 1 of them and for that matter Marco Fu not in there either

Postby masterdoctorgenius

hendry_fan wrote:So it,s the Wizard of Wishaw v Hendrys best pal. :chin: :-)

COMMMMME ONNNNNNN JOHN!,send Selty packing and double quick so he can get back to the UK in time so he can see His pal Stephen play in the World Seniors 6 reds Championship. :happy:

:trumpet: :happy: :-D

you were saying ...

Postby Drew1404

What a result for lyu, he really grew into the match and hit four frames in a row winning with style from 2-0 down. He seems to have learned how to play the scrappy frames and didn't get bogged down like xintong did against Hamilton. What an opportunity in the final for the young lad.

Postby Wildey

Regarding Head to Head between Matthew Selt and Lyu Haotian this will be their first ever meeting