Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Final !!

Postby HappyCamper

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:there was a snooker question on the chase.

'in snooker which colour ball comes first alphabetically?'

What was the answer?

it was 'black'.

the chaser got it correct.

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hello HF.

Started well enough. 35 and 32 to take the first frame.

Opponent played cagey for next couple of frames which I lost.

52 in the fourth was the highest.

Not much after that.

Bit annoyed I said I would get a 60 but failed.

Have you played lately?

Bloody nora!,a 35 and a 32 in the 1st frame!,thats buckin brilliant.

I,ve never ever acvhieved more than one 30+ break in a frame,in fact i,ve only made a handfull of 30+ breaks overall in my entire carreer. :emb: <laugh>

And you made a 52 in frame 4. :hatoff:

Your opponent sounds very good,is he more of a tacticionist or is he more of a attacking type of player,or is he a bit of both?.

Did you win the match?.

I indeed have played lately.

I wrote this on semis thread yesterday,....

Got back from my snooker club about 1 hr ago,went for a few frames.

I played against 3 different players.

I lost to one of the players 2-0,but in both frames he froze me out the majority of both in that he either got away with it when he missed,or when he left something on,it was a tough pot,or he pulled out some ridiculous difficult pots.

In the 2nd frame he had 3 FLUKES. >-(

So in other words,he was a LUCKY BUGGER!!!!. <laugh>

With another player i drew 1-1.

In the 1st frame i knocked in a 20,i could of made a 27,a colour clearence but i missed a tough black to the middle bag. :-(

And the 3rd player i played,i beat him 3-0.

I played very well,i even knocked in my new highest break of the year so far,i threw a 21 at him,my previous HB was only 18. :emb: <laugh>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cheers HF and Dan.

Struggling to get up the top end as I have lost a bit of cue ball control over last couple of years.

HF - opponent is a good player but only plays on loose reds or knocks a couple of reds out the pack so hard to get going sometimes.

Sounds like you are enjoying your play <ok>

Postby Ck147

Wine, left over Chinese, feet up...come on Robbo

Jimmy reckons (jokingly) he'll get past Ronnie, Judd, Selby and Robbo in the WC

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Cheers HF and Dan.

Struggling to get up the top end as I have lost a bit of cue ball control over last couple of years.

HF - opponent is a good player but only plays on loose reds or knocks a couple of reds out the pack so hard to get going sometimes.

Sounds like you are enjoying your play <ok>

Aye,i am enjoying playing snooker again.

It makes a BIG diffrence if your playing great,good or drivvel.

I did,nt play much last year,but i had a phase last year,where i played rubbish for about 7,8 matches in a row and it was really cheesing me off,even my safety play which i,m very good at sucked.

I,ve often had bouts where i,ve played rubbish,2,3 matches on the trot,but then i usually manage to stop the rot n play decent or good in the next match,or few matches.

The last 3 times i,ve played,i,ve played very well,i wonder how long it,ll last though,i,d love to play good for 7,8 matches in a row,i did have bouts like that,but that was bout 20+ years ago. <laugh>

It really does feel great when you,re playin good though,i,m making the most of it,cause as you also know,the great/good form can suddenly plunge. :-( :-)

Postby Ck147

52 is decent, high teens my best :(

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:i find 4g is better than most places complimentary wifi.

That was certainly true of the National Express on my way up. Barely worked at all.

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Never a truer form said about form being patchy HF.

I think it is hard for us social players to maintain form as we don't play regularly enough

Yeah. <ok>

COMME ONNN ROBBO!. :-D

Postby Goldenballs147

Quite looking forward to this. Not not the biggest fan of either player but interested to see if anyone will manage to grab this match by the throat.

In other news Robertson is wearing that weird shirt again that doesn't seem to fit properly with a bow tie.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Foulds is excellent IMO

He may not have the most impressive snooker resume but I do enjoy both his commentary and punditry, better than a lot of the other guys who have more titles

Postby eraserhead

This should be Bingham's frame now. Was only half paying attention first session but Robbo's long game wasn't convincing.