Topic locked

Spectating

Postby Steve K

Anyone else plan to see any of next years Masters matches live? I will be living in London for uni so hope to atleast see one or two first round matches and the finals this year, as I loved going to watch Ronnie v Robertson at this years event, was a classic match :D

Re: Spectating

Postby Smart

Steve K wrote:Anyone else plan to see any of next years Masters matches live? I will be living in London for uni so hope to atleast see one or two first round matches and the finals this year, as I loved going to watch Ronnie v Robertson at this years event, was a classic match :D

Steve - I'd love to but its the problem of what to do with the car as London is a nightmare for parking.....................if I lived in or close to London then I'd be bang up for it as its great to be there in the arena watching LIVE snooker. I will be off to Sheffield in March and April as usual, just love those trips. <ok>

Hope you enjoy it though mate and look forward to reading your report from your visit. :wave:

Postby Roland

I intend to go watch the Masters :santa:

Postby Roland

I go choo choo train :santa:

I intend to stay with my cousin and fellow Island Keeper although he's probably unaware of these intentions at the moment. I also could well do the same for the Power Snooker event at the O2 because it sounds like it could be a damn good snake hiss up.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I go choo choo train :santa:

I intend to stay with my cousin and fellow Island Keeper although he's probably unaware of these intentions at the moment. I also could well do the same for the Power Snooker event at the O2 because it sounds like it could be a damn good snake hiss up.

I like the idea of choo choo train into London (pre book, save some spondoolas for beer tokens).........I stopped reading when I saw Power Snooker. You are clearly on a wind up, I will leave you alone if you are gonna try and drag me down into that sort of behaviour. :redneck: :sylvester:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:

I intend to stay with my cousin and fellow Island Keeper although he's probably unaware of these intentions at the moment. I also could well do the same for the Power Snooker event at the O2 because it sounds like it could be a damn good pass water up.

I like the idea of choo choo train into London (pre book, save some spondoolas for beer tokens).........I stopped reading when I saw Power Snooker. You are clearly on a wind up, I will leave you alone if you are gonna try and drag me down into that sort of behaviour. :redneck: :sylvester:

smart i think you should have an open mind with this power snooker, come on mate

Postby Smart

R-ron

Are you expecting me to get choo choo train tickets to big city of London to watch something that is not even proper snooker......................you got another thing coming mate, I would rather eat cat rubbish. :wave:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:R-ron

Are you expecting me to get choo choo train tickets to big city of London to watch something that is not even proper snooker......................you got another thing coming mate, I would rather eat cat poo. :wave:

I have a cat

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:

Are you expecting me to get choo choo train tickets to big city of London to watch something that is not even proper snooker......................you got another thing coming mate, I would rather eat cat poo. :wave:

I have a cat

Do you eat its rubbish ......................... :chin:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

I have a cat

Do you eat its poo ......................... :chin:
<laugh> no

Postby Madz

I intend to stay with my cousin and fellow Island Keeper although he's probably unaware of these intentions at the moment. I also could well do the same for the Power Snooker event at the O2 because it sounds like it could be a damn good pass water up.

I hope you're taking your vuvuzela with you for Power snooker, I think it would so fit in there! <laugh>

But on topic, I probably will go, not sure for all week or just a couple of days. And maybe I' ll persuade another islander to go as well! :)

Postby Roland

Are you talking Power Snooker or Masters Madz?

I'm definitely going to the Masters. The Power Snooker thing I could just sit back and watch on ITV4 but it's the sort of thing where a decent crowd will be good for snooker and a decent crowd means joining in. I mean I don't believe for one second that Power Snooker is the future or any of that bullocks because it's clearly entertainment like Big Break, but I will watch it if it's on TV and I will definitely go if I can wangle a couple of tickets somehow. And obviously if the cousin is up for it. The World Seniors is on the following weekend I think so if there has to be a choice it'll be the Seniors, no question.

Postby Madz

Sonny wrote:Are you talking Power Snooker or Masters Madz?

I'm definitely going to the Masters. The Power Snooker thing I could just sit back and watch on ITV4 but it's the sort of thing where a decent crowd will be good for snooker and a decent crowd means joining in. I mean I don't believe for one second that Power Snooker is the future or any of that tezzies because it's clearly entertainment like Big Break, but I will watch it if it's on TV and I will definitely go if I can wangle a couple of tickets somehow. And obviously if the cousin is up for it. The World Seniors is on the following weekend I think so if there has to be a choice it'll be the Seniors, no question.

Masters, of course :) I really like that tournament, and would be nice to do it 5th year in a row . I am not sure if I'll go to live snooker till the end of this year, except for Germany this week... So Masters will be just in time to get my live snooker fix.

Postby Roland

I am a Masters virgin. Thinking about it, I can't believe I've never been because I've watched all the other big events. I'm really looking forward to it, especially if Selby can get his hat-trick.

Postby Steve K

As I am gonna be living in London I thought it would be neat to go to the inaugaral Power Snooker event, just to see if it lives up to the hype (got front row tickets for the final session woop).

Postby SnookerFan

I tend to go at some point every year. I can commute to London, so is the one tournament I can spend the afternoon watching a match, then sleep in my own bed. It's usually the one event I take friends to as well, as it's cheaper then all the travel/hotel booking. <ok>

Postby randam05

I went in 2007 to watch williams robertson and higgins maguire I think. Cant quite remember. And in 2009 I went to watch maguire vs ronnie semi final and it was fantastic! and although 3.5 hours away it is still the closest to me other than the welsh open which I also go and watch a couple of matches from for the past two seasons.

Postby SnookerFan

You seriously going to go to that? I don't see it 's worth it. It's very expensive compared to other tournaments, especially considering you actually get less snooker happening in the matches. I'm going to give that a miss, despite living in London. Save my London viewing for The Masters. :wave:

Postby randam05

You seriously going to go to that? I don't see it 's worth it. It's very expensive compared to other tournaments, especially considering you actually get less snooker happening in the matches. I'm going to give that a miss, despite living in London. Save my London viewing for The Masters. :wave:

Fair comment snookerfan..it did cost me a lot for one semi final of the Masters and I went to a whole days play of the welsh open where I had choice of match for a lot lot cheaper. Also I think it went 6-1 ronnie so was over in a flash. Should have gone to watch both semis.

Postby SnookerFan

I go to The Masters every year. :D

I am more looking forward to Telford first.