Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Semi-Finals !!!

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:I Feel theres something very wrong with here last year Roland came close to shutting it down He asked me what did i want to do about it i decided to carry on but im not joking things has to change here just too much rubbish being written and Cloud your as bad as the lot with your Ronnie fanboyish crap "tournament now means nothing" bullocks every bucking time ronnie is out or "tin pot event" if Ronnie not playing its tiersome and boring as hell like a broken record ill give it until the end of the season for things to change on here if not i will be telling Roland to pull the plug.

Pulling the plug because you don’t like it would be selfish in the extreme, let’s be honest. The forum is in a great place.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:And for the record most part i like all of you love the arguaments/discussion but come on help me to make it bigger and better suerly you all can see what im saying is right Banter is great but it is tiering when same posts is recycled every tournament it gets predictable and then when new faces reach later rounds its a rubbish line up etc

And no i dont know why people left.

but When a new poster comes on here and tells me what ive been feeling for ages regarding posts something has to give.

I'm not going to say you're chatting bullocks, which would have been my usual response to this post, because I can understand where you're coming from. Some of the shitposting does get out of hand at times and I'm as guilty as anyone on that score, with my stuff on Ronnie mostly meant in jest, but despite all that this forum is still one of the nicest places I've ever encountered online. The people here are very respectful and you rarely ever see any malice towards each other.

The fact is you're never going to get the perfect forum that pleases everyone, so I do think a little bit of perspective is required here.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote:Not sure if I'm the new poster you are referring too, but I joined up because you have a good balance between snooker talk and banter. You're doing something right, other sites are terrible.

Anyway, as I'm new.couple of things...I am a Robbo fan, hope he wins tomorrow. Seems to be back on form after 2-3 years of not being at his best. And Ronnie not too good at commentary/punditry (tbf I think he's getting a bit better) but he is in top 3 of all time. Await the onslaught!

Welcome to the Forum.

It needs more Robbo fans...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ck147 wrote: I joined up because you have a good balance between snooker talk and banter. You're doing something right, other sites are terrible

Did you see this, Wild? It's not all bad.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:ll give it until the end of the season for things to change on here if not i will be telling Roland to pull the plug.

What the actual buck?

If you don't like it here then leave, who the hell are you to get the place shut down and ruin for the rest of us (especially when there are still new people joining)?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:ll give it until the end of the season for things to change on here if not i will be telling Roland to pull the plug.

What the actual buck?

If you don't like it here then leave, who the hell are you to get the place shut down and ruin for the rest of us (especially when there are still new people joining)?

It would be terrible if this place was shut down.. I consider a lot of people on here as friends, and I'm certain a lot of us feel the same. And there are new posters, like CK147, who seem to like this place.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

What the actual buck?

It would be terrible if this place was shut down.. I consider a lot of people on here as friends, and I'm certain a lot of us feel the same. And there are new posters, like CK147, who seem to like this place.

on reflection and after a night sleep i conceed i went over the top last night im sorry

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

What the actual buck?

on reflection and after a night sleep i conceed i went over the top last night im sorry

Great!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

What the actual buck?

No problems wildey. You're a good man. Even if you are Welsh. A rare bit of Welsh wisdom.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

What the actual buck?

I only just saw this threat now. I thought people were exaggerating.

Glad to see it's definitely not happening then. It'd be a shame.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Wild's always been a hard working, excellent mod, by the way.

:hatoff:

Until the next time he lets his bad mood get the better of him and threatens to have this place shut down.

Postby Dan-cat

+1

The place would be bucked without him and also I would still be out in the cold with Hendo :love:

To come on here the next day and say they went too far... Others could learn from this.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:

Until the next time he lets his bad mood get the better of him and threatens to have this place shut down.

Sh*t the bed Cloudy you don't know when to stop do ya

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Sh*t the bed Cloudy you don't know when to stop do ya

Apologies. Not another peep out of me, I promise. Haha.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Not sure if I'm the new poster you are referring too, but I joined up because you have a good balance between snooker talk and banter. You're doing something right, other sites are terrible.

Anyway, as I'm new.couple of things...I am a Robbo fan, hope he wins tomorrow. Seems to be back on form after 2-3 years of not being at his best. And Ronnie not too good at commentary/punditry (tbf I think he's getting a bit better) but he is in top 3 of all time. Await the onslaught!

Welcome to the Forum.

It needs more Robbo fans...

Thanks BSP, all settled in for what should be a good final, come on Robbo!

Postby rekoons

I'm also relatively new here, Just my 2 cents: I think this forum is great, I love the live reporting so I can keep track of matches while unable to watch myself.

yes, there is some negativity sometimes, but I just read over it.

Also the banter is hilarious and being non British, I learn a new swear word every week <ok>

Love you all, you pin ends!

Postby Dan-cat

rekoons wrote:I'm also relatively new here, Just my 2 cents: I think this forum is great, I love the live reporting so I can keep track of matches while unable to watch myself.

yes, there is some negativity sometimes, but I just read over it.

Also the banter is hilarious and being non British, I learn a new swear word every week <ok>

Love you all, you pin ends!

I'm assuming you have the swear filter on (which it is my default.) Those aren't actual British swearwords you know. Haha. I think my favourite has to be the way it changes sh*tting to recycling as in 'Murphy will be recycling himself when he plays Ronnie' :-D

Postby Koninkaulus

Andre147 wrote:You're not the one, it was another poster who made a long post about how unhappy he was

Yes, that would be me. I know it might make me seem a bit grumpy when I register just to post a long rant, but I may never have signed up had I not been that annoyed. :irk: <laugh>

I'm not going to come in and tell people how to run a forum I've never posted on before, but I believe in what I wrote. If a mod seems to agree with me, perhaps I made some correct observations. :parrot:

Disappointed in how the semi-finals turned out, but I believe both O'Connor and Vafaei have a good chance of reaching the top one day.

Postby Andre147

Koninkaulus wrote:
Andre147 wrote:You're not the one, it was another poster who made a long post about how unhappy he was

Yes, that would be me. I know it might make me seem a bit grumpy when I register just to post a long rant, but I may never have signed up had I not been that annoyed. :irk: <laugh>

I'm not going to come in and tell people how to run a forum I've never posted on before, but I believe in what I wrote. If a mod seems to agree with me, perhaps I made some correct observations. :parrot:

Disappointed in how the semi-finals turned out, but I believe both O'Connor and Vafaei have a good chance of reaching the top one day.

Of course they do, they all need do start somehwere.

Like Wild mentioned, Selby reached the Semis of China Open in 2002 and then only in 2007 he made his breakthrough.

Postby Koninkaulus

Andre147 wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:

Of course they do, they all need do start somehwere.

Like Wild mentioned, Selby reached the Semis of China Open in 2002 and then only in 2007 he made his breakthrough.

Yeah, you never know how long it will be before someone takes the next step or if, indeed, it will happen at all. There are some chronic semi-finalists out there, like Robert Milkins...

Postby SnookerFan

Koninkaulus wrote:

I think there was some truth to what you said, to be fair.

Not singling out any one user, I think most of us are guilty of being a bit arsey about snooker at times.