Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Semi-Finals !!!

Postby HustleKing

Hopefully Robbo can continue this form into the World's as he hasn't been good at the Crucible since 2014. The game is all the better when players of his quality are serial World semi finalists

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HustleKing wrote:Hopefully Robbo can continue this form into the World's as he hasn't been good at the Crucible since 2014. The game is all the better when players of his quality are serial World semi finalists

+1

Postby Drew1404

Incredible snooker from Robertson, showing why he's one of the great. For vafaei I hope this is a stepping stone, he's been through a lot and this was a tough night for him, but hopefully he'll come back stronger. I just hope he doesn't lose confidence after this, if I was him I'd be practicing harder to not miss easy shots

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:GJ doesn't post anymore, does he?

This is from the World's final thread last year:

GJ wrote:Great 2weeks enjoyed the banter lads

All being well see you next year

Part-timer.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:

Have to be honest over the years quite a few have left here never to come back and im starting to realise Why

We need to clean up on the rubbish here.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Have to be honest over the years quite a few have left here never to come back and im starting to realise Why

That's not the case with GJ I think. It was with Skullman, but not him.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Give Robbo the trophy already. Can't see Bingham beating him.

Why?

I actually think Bingham will beat him this time. Don't be fooled into thinking just because Robbo has been great he will have that sort of form again. Let's say he hasn't had anyone that tested him, even Burns couldn't finish the job. Bingham will beat him in my view.

Postby HappyCamper

was hoping to catch the end of the match after the rugby finished; but looks like it was over pretty quickly. did vafaei play badly? or was robbo just too good?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I think this has been a very good thread.

I would appreciate it if we could be clear on what is and what is not acceptable if there are things beyond the Forum rules that are unacceptable. The Forum rules are pretty clear and if people don't follow them ban them. I have no arguments with the fact that I was banned and I accepted Wild's reasoning. He was right and I was wrong and I have tried not to repeat that error.

I think this site is well moderated and I understand why the people whinging about big names going out is annoying to some. However, that is tough whether you are a moderator or not. Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't do that. It seems a bit unfair to threaten them with a ban when they have broken no rules. It is just their opinion.

Sometimes people just leave though - it does not mean that other posters are doing anything wrong.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I think this is very presumptuous. Do you know the reasons why people leave? Have you personally spoken to every member that's ever left and not returned?

This site has been around for 10 long years. It's only natural that you'll get people come and go for a variety of reasons, doesn't mean there has to be something wrong. Nobody sticks around forever, even you will leave one day and never return.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Which posters are you referring to? What kind of rubbish are you referring to?

I think you may be jumping to conclusions on this one. This is as clean a forum as you’re likely to find, and people can move on for a variety of reasons. I myself posted very little a few months ago for reasons that had had nothing to do with the posters on where.

Postby Andre147

I think Cloud is spot on... unless you ask every specific person why they left, sometimes we just move on in life... doesnt have to mean its anything wrong.

Ok sometimes it is, I know Skullman left because of that, but others just leave because they feel like it.

Postby Pink Ball

Personally, I can’t guarantee I’ll be on this site for the rest of my life or this site’s. I’m sure some of you would be very happy to see the back of me haha.

What I can guarantee is that I won’t leave because of the posters on here. Aside from Smart and Dan, I haven’t a clue what any of you even look like, yet I count quite a few of you as friends.

Life just changes sometimes.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Personally, I can’t guarantee I’ll be on this site for the rest of my life or this site’s. I’m sure some of you would be very happy to see the back of me haha.

What I can guarantee is that I won’t leave because of the posters on here. Aside from Smart and Dan, I haven’t a clue what any of you even look like, yet I count quite a few of you as friends.

Life just changes sometimes.

Postby Ck147

I've been a lurker for last couple of months before joining up (wanted to make sure it was right for me!) Love the snooker and the banter on here, the latter being one of the main reasons I subscribed. But also to say I think you have a good balance here....don't eff it up please!

Postby hendry_fan

I,ve just seen the scores of the semis.

Wow!,Bingham knocks in four centurys and a 65. :hatoff: :clap:

I thought that he,d beat O`Connor.

Robbo demolishes Vafaei 6-0,

Robbo did,nt score as heavy as Bingham, he <only> made four 60+ breaks,2 of em were centurys,but Vafaei only scored a mere 55 points in the whole of the match. :dizzy:

So a BIG well done to Bingo n Robbo. :clap:

Got back from my snooker club about 1 hr ago,went for a few frames.

I played against 3 different players.

I lost to one of the players 2-0,but in both frames he froze me out the majority of both in that he either got away with it when he missed,or when he left something on,it was a tough pot,or he pulled out some ridiculous difficult pots.

In the 2nd frame he had 3 FLUKES. >-(

So in other words,he was a LUCKY BUGGER!!!!. <laugh>

With another player i drew 1-1.

In the 1st frame i knocked in a 20,i could of made a 27,a colour clearence but i missed a tough black to the middle bag. :-(

And the 3rd player i played,i beat him 3-0.

I played very well,i even knocked in my new highest break of the year so far,i threw a 21 at him,my previous HB was only 18. :emb: <laugh>

So i,m off to bed on a high. :happy:

Postby Wildey

I Feel theres something very wrong with here last year Roland came close to shutting it down He asked me what did i want to do about it i decided to carry on but im not joking things has to change here just too much rubbish being written and Cloud your as bad as the lot with your Ronnie fanboyish crap "tournament now means nothing" bullocks every bucking time ronnie is out or "tin pot event" if Ronnie not playing its tiersome and boring as hell like a broken record ill give it until the end of the season for things to change on here if not i will be telling Roland to pull the plug.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:I Feel theres something very wrong with here last year Roland came close to shutting it down He asked me what did i want to do about it i decided to carry on but im not joking things has to change here just too much rubbish being written and Cloud your as bad as the lot with your Ronnie fanboyish crap "tournament now means nothing" bullocks every bucking time ronnie is out or "tin pot event" if Ronnie not playing its tiersome and boring as hell like a broken record ill give it until the end of the season for things to change on here if not i will be telling Roland to pull the plug.

This is by far the most balanced Snooker Forum there is on the internet, a few mishaps shouldn't mean you pull the plug on the site.

Maybe Cloud just doesnt enjoy it when ROS not playing... well thats his choice. Maybe bull or tournament means nothing are wrong choice of words from his part, but thats very far and away from being a reason to pull the plug.

I think the Forum is very healthy, with new posters coming in and long may it continue.

Postby Wildey

And for the record most part i like all of you love the arguaments/discussion but come on help me to make it bigger and better suerly you all can see what im saying is right Banter is great but it is tiering when same posts is recycled every tournament it gets predictable and then when new faces reach later rounds its a rubbish line up etc

And no i dont know why people left.

but When a new poster comes on here and tells me what ive been feeling for ages regarding posts something has to give.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:I Feel theres something very wrong with here last year Roland came close to shutting it down He asked me what did i want to do about it i decided to carry on but im not joking things has to change here just too much rubbish being written and Cloud your as bad as the lot with your Ronnie fanboyish crap "tournament now means nothing" bullocks every bucking time ronnie is out or "tin pot event" if Ronnie not playing its tiersome and boring as hell like a broken record ill give it until the end of the season for things to change on here if not i will be telling Roland to pull the plug.

This is by far the most balanced Snooker Forum there is on the internet, a few mishaps shouldn't mean you pull the plug on the site.

Maybe Cloud just doesnt enjoy it when ROS not playing... well thats his choice. Maybe bull or tournament means nothing are wrong choice of words from his part, but thats very far and away from being a reason to pull the plug.

I think the Forum is very healthy, with new posters coming in and long may it continue.

yea ive worked dam hard on here for 10 years i dont want it gone i just feel why bother sometimes

Postby Ck147

Not sure if I'm the new poster you are referring too, but I joined up because you have a good balance between snooker talk and banter. You're doing something right, other sites are terrible.

Anyway, as I'm new.couple of things...I am a Robbo fan, hope he wins tomorrow. Seems to be back on form after 2-3 years of not being at his best. And Ronnie not too good at commentary/punditry (tbf I think he's getting a bit better) but he is in top 3 of all time. Await the onslaught!

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:Not sure if I'm the new poster you are referring too, but I joined up because you have a good balance between snooker talk and banter. You're doing something right, other sites are terrible.

Anyway, as I'm new.couple of things...I am a Robbo fan, hope he wins tomorrow. Seems to be back on form after 2-3 years of not being at his best. And Ronnie not too good at commentary/punditry (tbf I think he's getting a bit better) but he is in top 3 of all time. Await the onslaught!

You're not the one, it was another poster who made a long post about how unhappy he was

Putting ROS on Top 3 is more than allright. And yes, Robbo slowly seems to be finding that form he last showed in late 2015.