Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128 !!

Postby Wildey

HappyCamper wrote:That must be an issue with the technology surely.

Could be because their Match dispered from live scoring for a few minutes

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Brendan Moore @brendanmoore147

First up for me today is refereeing the game between @ronnieo147 and @sandi147 at 1pm at the Welsh Open. Looking forward to a great afternoon here in Cardiff.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Brendan Moore @brendanmoore147

First up for me today is refereeing the game between @ronnieo147 and @sandi147 at 1pm at the Welsh Open. Looking forward to a great afternoon here in Cardiff.

Yea 30 minutes reffing the match and the rest in the Bar over the road

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Yea 30 minutes reffing the match and the rest in the Bar over the road

rofl rofl

I think it was Brendan Moore who got the hump with me once in a hotel bar. But I was so drunk, it might've been Paul Collier, I can't really remember.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:What's Hearn's naughty, naughty don't go above it AST again? Is it 30 seconds?

Scott Donaldson on 30.03 secs.

Yea

Ronnie was averaging over 40 once because someone was taken ill and they forgot to stop the clock. Ronnie got it down to about 25 by the end of the match but you cant use teckno like this to fine people ffs.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Yea 30 minutes reffing the match and the rest in the Bar over the road

rofl rofl

I think it was Brendan Moore who got the hump with me once in a hotel bar. But I was so drunk, it might've been Paul Collier, I can't really remember.

What did you do? :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:I think Hearn should start fining players who's AST is more than 30 seconds over the course of a tournament.

How will that Work

a player losing 4-0 he gets 5 Shots 2 breakoffs and 3 in a snooker he could easily be over 40 seconds and his tournament over

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I think Hearn should start fining players who's AST is more than 30 seconds over the course of a tournament.

How will that Work

a player losing 4-0 he gets 5 Shots 2 breakoffs and 3 in a snooker he could easily be over 40 seconds and his tournament over

I think you'd have to use a bit of common sense there. The chances of something like that happening are incredibly slim.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl rofl

This was at the English Open at Manchester.

I'd got back to my hotel from the Semi-Final at about half-ten, and asked if the bar was still open. I intended to have one drink before going to bed.

Anyway, I got talking and it was suddenly getting on for 2am. I'd done a good job of ignoring the fact that the referees were all sat at a table drinking. But as I was going to bed, I saw said referee, and went; "You're up a bit late, aint ya? Aint you got work tomorrow?" Anyway, he didn't see the funny side, and said rather angrily; "What did you say?" I bottled it a bit, and went; "Naaah, sorry mate. Just having a joke. Sorry, I've had a drink. Sorry, sorry." And hurried off.

Miserable git.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 12 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

How will that Work

I think you'd have to use a bit of common sense there. The chances of something like that happening are incredibly slim.

Lee Walker should definitely be fined. He's breaking that 30 second AST rule all the time. Even if he wins 4:0 and has 100% table time.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker @WorldSnooker
⏰ 1 hr 4 mins

That's how long it takes Ding Junhui to win a best of 7.

Asia's number one has beaten Chris Totten 4-0 in round one #WelshOpen

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl rofl

I'd got back to my hotel from the Semi-Final at about half-ten, and asked if the bar was still open. I intended to have one drink before going to bed.

Anyway, I got talking and it was suddenly getting on for 2am. I'd done a good job of ignoring the fact that the referees were all sat at a table drinking. But as I was going to bed, I saw said referee, and went; "Your up a bit late, aint ya? Aint you got work tomorrow?" Anyway, he didn't see the funny side, and said rather angrily; "What did you say?" I bottled it a bit, and went; "Naaah, sorry mate. Just having a joke. Sorry, I've had a drink. Sorry, sorry." And hurried off.

Miserable git.

That certainly sounds more like Paul Collier than Brendan Moore. What a miserable bugger, talk about engaging with fans. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What's Hearn's naughty, naughty don't go above it AST again? Is it 30 seconds?

Scott Donaldson on 30.03 secs.

Yea

Ronnie was averaging over 40 once because someone was taken ill and they forgot to stop the clock. Ronnie got it down to about 25 by the end of the match but you cant use teckno like this to fine people ffs.

This was quite recent wasn't it? I remember thinking at the time it would affect his current standing on the list. (Teppy went into the lead.) Not that it's a big deal

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl rofl

Anyway, I got talking and it was suddenly getting on for 2am. I'd done a good job of ignoring the fact that the referees were all sat at a table drinking. But as I was going to bed, I saw said referee, and went; "You're up a bit late, aint ya? Aint you got work tomorrow?" Anyway, he didn't see the funny side, and said rather angrily; "What did you say?" I bottled it a bit, and went; "Naaah, sorry mate. Just having a joke. Sorry, I've had a drink. Sorry, sorry." And hurried off.

Miserable git.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:That certainly sounds more like Paul Collier than Brendan Moore. What a miserable bugger, talk about engaging with fans. rofl

More misadventures in Cardiff this weekend. <ok>

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl rofl

Miserable git.

rofl rofl rofl

That's the heart that Ding needs alright. Haha bottle job!

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:That certainly sounds more like Paul Collier than Brendan Moore. What a miserable bugger, talk about engaging with fans. rofl

With any luck you'll bump into Desislava Bozhilova. <ok>

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:That's the heart that Ding needs alright. Haha bottle job!

But he looked at me aggressively. :sad:

An aggressive snooker ref? Haha the Kray twins would have looked for your services back in the day. Hard backstard ya sf haha.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

If she looks at him aggressively and says 'snookerfan, buck me!' the poor lad will soil his pants and disappear quicker than Lord Lucan.

Postby Ash147

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

If she looks at him aggressively and says 'snookerfan, buck me!' the poor lad will soil his pants and disappear quicker than Lord Lucan.

pmsl

I'd pay good money to see that.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:If she looks at him aggressively and says 'snookerfan, buck me!' the poor lad will soil his pants and disappear quicker than Lord Lucan.

How do you know? I might have a thing for bossy women. :evilgrin:

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:If she looks at him aggressively and says 'snookerfan, buck me!' the poor lad will soil his pants and disappear quicker than Lord Lucan.

How do you know? I might have a thing for bossy women. :evilgrin:

You do like Michaela Tabb, so that would make sense.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:You do like Michaela Tabb, so that would make sense.

When I first met Michaela, I blurted out; "You're the best referee...." And she asked if I meant best or prettiest.

I said; "I dunno. Jan Verhaas is pretty good looking."

She looked at me funny.

I don't think referees get my sense of humour.