Post a reply

Re: Jimmy White frustrated.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:That was the moment when Jimmy knew and realized he's never going to be a World Champion.

Yeah, I think you're right. Even now he says he's still capable of winning a world title, but deep down he realises it ain't going to happen, and this was probably the moment when the penny dropped.

Postby Andre147

I had seen that video before...

I think his last great chance came in 95 when he lost to Hendry in the Semis... too many losses v him I'm afraid and that left a huge scar on him.

And people dont often talk about his first Final in 84 but he had a very good chance of beating Davis... but his best came in 92 when he led 14-8. 1992 was the best snooker he's ever played and really should have been World Champion.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:I had seen that video before...

I think his last great chance came in 95 when he lost to Hendry in the Semis... too many losses v him I'm afraid and that left a huge scar on him.

And people dont often talk about his first Final in 84 but he had a very good chance of beating Davis... but his best came in 92 when he led 14-8. 1992 was the best snooker he's ever played and really should have been World Champion.

:goodpost:
Completely agree. Most think his best chance was in 94, but as u said, it was in 92. I'm convinced that all of today's top players would have won it from that position. It was a great lead and as long as he he didn't collapse, there's no way Hendry could have won it.

Postby vodkadiet

'Jimmy' had been 'flying' in practise before that match against Stevens. But unfortunately the only thing 'flying' on that day was the black ball!

Postby TheSaviour

I am so sorry.

Trying to get better.

Hopefully found the joke from it. Was meant to be as a one. So sorry.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:'Jimmy' had been 'flying' in practise before that match against Stevens. But unfortunately the only thing 'flying' on that day was the black ball!

You know you're playing badly, when even Stevens can't bottle it against you.

Postby Cloud Strife

Regardless of how frustrated he might be at how his career has panned out, at least he isn't sexually frustrated.

Postby rekoons

This brings back memories: this piece was the very first thing I ever saw of Jimmy White, just when I started watching snooker a bit on TV.

I remember, not knowing who he was, thinking to myself: "what an unpleasant person". <laugh>

Postby gallantrabbit

Actually I think his best chance was 82. Higgins came up with that absurd clearance when Jimmy was a couple of balls away. Reardom may have tied him in knots in the final, but I think not. Wasn't to be. Don't think Jimmy has too many complaints though and he still has a snooker based life and i enjoying himself.

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:Actually I think his best chance was 82. Higgins came up with that absurd clearance when Jimmy was a couple of balls away. Reardom may have tied him in knots in the final, but I think not. Wasn't to be. Don't think Jimmy has too many complaints though and he still has a snooker based life and i enjoying himself.

Mark my words, Reardon was a player capable of frustrating him with constant good safety play.

However, how he bottled that 14-8 lead I'll never know... I have watched that Final and Hendry didnt even have to produce anything special to win.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Actually I think his best chance was 82. Higgins came up with that absurd clearance when Jimmy was a couple of balls away. Reardom may have tied him in knots in the final, but I think not. Wasn't to be. Don't think Jimmy has too many complaints though and he still has a snooker based life and i enjoying himself.

Mark my words, Reardon was a player capable of frustrating him with constant good safety play.

However, how he bottled that 14-8 lead I'll never know... I have watched that Final and Hendry didnt even have to produce anything special to win.

The pockets were very tight at The Crucible that year.