Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I'm just on my way back from a curry evening. What's the craic, Snooker Island?

What did you have?

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:I'd love if Carter plays Trump. If he plays Hawkins it's 50/50 match, but I'd like to see him battling it out in a Final v Trump. The two don't really like each other since Carter beat at the 2012 Worlds, and Carter seems to love a grudge match and will do anything to annoy his opponent.

Yes. Carter I think said some nasty words about Trump back then after beating him in a decider. Like "Now he knows what it feels like when you have a scar" and stuff like that.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:I'd love if Carter plays Trump. If he plays Hawkins it's 50/50 match, but I'd like to see him battling it out in a Final v Trump. The two don't really like each other since Carter beat at the 2012 Worlds, and Carter seems to love a grudge match and will do anything to annoy his opponent.

Please God it's Trump. Has the makings of an exciting match up. If its Bazza i think i'll only dip in and out of the final.

Postby Ash147

Who gave Snookerfan permission to miss a game? I for one wasn’t informed. :chin:

I think his name needs to be changed to Curryfan.
Last edited by Ash147 on 08 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:Who gave Snookerfan permission to miss a game? I for one wasn’t informed. :chin:

Wasn't even anything special. Ordered a Tikka Massala, tasted more like a Korma.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ash147 wrote:Who gave Snookerfan permission to miss a game? I for one wasn’t informed. :chin:

And later on after that Ruby he'll be known as Shithitsthefan.

Postby SnookerFan

Didn't sound like I missed much.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:So, no play until tomorrow. ITV tournaments are weird.

On the plus side, I'll be able to get most of the West Brom game out of the way before the match starts.

When else should they play between now and tomorrow? Is there a day in between Friday and Saturday? rofl

Postby Ash147

D4P wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Is there a day in between Friday and Saturday?

Could it be...Ryansday...?

No, that Day only occurs twice every twenty years.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
D4P wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Is there a day in between Friday and Saturday?

Could it be...Ryansday...?

No, that Day only occurs twice every twenty years.

Once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in a thousand years....

Postby HappyCamper

Johnny Bravo wrote:This just popped into my head. What has happened to Jamie Cope ?
He used to be quite good. Not a top dog, but good enough to make up the top 32.

He had an hereditary medical condition that badly affected his ability to play. Eventually dropped off the tour.

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:This just popped into my head. What has happened to Jamie Cope ?

He had an hereditary medical condition that badly affected his ability to play. Eventually dropped off the tour.

Incredible talent. A bit like Lisowski nowadays... both fail at the decisive moments v the top players.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Xiao looking for his third ranking final after losing to Ding in Shanghai and to McGill in a Final Frame Decider in the 2017 Shootout

That statement got very near a 10 year ban from Snooker Island.

Shootout isnt and never will be a ranking event no matter what Barry Hearn or anyone else says.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Xiao looking for his third ranking final after losing to Ding in Shanghai and to McGill in a Final Frame Decider in the 2017 Shootout

That statement got very near a 10 year ban from Snooker Island.

Shootout isnt and never will be a ranking event no matter what Barry Hearn or anyone else says.

Unfortunately it is a ranking event. It carries ranking points.

I don't like it any more than you do, and have refused to watch it since it became a ranking event. I even sent World Snooker an e-mail telling them this.

Sadly, it's not up to me. Despite it being the worst and most unfair decision in the history of sport, it is a ranking event.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 09 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

I met Jamie Cope's gran once.