Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Semi Finals !!

Postby Iranu

bucking Carter.

What a pin end.

(This isn't related to the match, just a general statement. He's a pin end.)

Postby Ash147

Xiao had one good match when he beat Robertson, but these last two performances have been very bad. I wish Robertson would have won that game now, because this match would have been a very different prospect.

Postby eraserhead

Ash147 wrote:Carter completes the whitewash. Xiao should be embarrassed by his performance.

Xiao is winning the world championship.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ash147 wrote:Carter completes the whitewash. Xiao should be embarrassed by his performance.

Just a bad night at the office. No big deal. Another tournament around the corner. Money to be made nearly every week at this stage. No time for embarrasment.

Postby TheRocket

Typical journeyman who played out of his skin in the 1st round against a top opponent (Neil Robertson being the victim) but failed to maintain that level in his next matches. He was lucky he got away with it against a poor Sijun but an average Carter was enough to whitewash him.
Last edited by TheRocket on 08 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Yes, he was rubbish tonight.

The gunny thing is that there are so few spectators. It goes to show that without it's big names, snooker doesn't mean that much.

Postby Ash147

eraserhead wrote:

Xiao is winning the world championship.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:Typical journeyman who played out of his skin in the 1st round against a top opponent (Neil Robertson being the victim) but failed to maintain that level in his next matches. He was lucky he got away with it against a poor Sijun but an average Carter was enough to whitewash him.

Well put.

Postby Chalk McHugh

TheRocket wrote:Typical journeyman who played out of his skin in the 1st round against a topopponent (Neil Robertson being the victim) but failed to maintain that level in his next matches. He was lucky he got away with it against a poor Sijun but an average Carter was enough to whitewash him.

It's all on the night. They can all beat each other on any given occassion. No result really ever surprises me.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yes, he was rubbish tonight.

The gunny thing is that there are so few spectators. It goes to show that without it's big names, snooker doesn't mean that much.

It's on TV nearly every week now so bums on seats are sufffering as a result i feel. No better view than the comfort of home.

Postby TheRocket

Chalk McHugh wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Typical journeyman who played out of his skin in the 1st round against a topopponent (Neil Robertson being the victim) but failed to maintain that level in his next matches. He was lucky he got away with it against a poor Sijun but an average Carter was enough to whitewash him.

It's all on the night. They can all beat each other on any given occassion. No result really ever surprises me.

Yes, they can all beat each other. But difference is, a winner maintains a high enough level throughout a whole tournament while the journeyman plays one very good match followed up by an absolutely amateurish performance.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Yes, they can all beat each other. But difference is, a winner maintains a high enough level throughout a whole tournament while the journeyman plays one very good match followed up by an absolutely amateurish performance.

Difference between being a journeyman and being a consistent winner and performer.

Postby Andre147

I'd love if Carter plays Trump. If he plays Hawkins it's 50/50 match, but I'd like to see him battling it out in a Final v Trump. The two don't really like each other since Carter beat at the 2012 Worlds, and Carter seems to love a grudge match and will do anything to annoy his opponent.