Post a reply

Re: D88.com German Masters Final !!

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Wilson has lost a lot of finals too so could be a lot of twitching tonight.

True. He went through a long phase of losing finals.

U must also factor that Wilson lost those finals against TBE Ronnie and against top quality opposition, not against someone like Gilbert.

Postby Ash147

It's ridiculous how a player with such bad cue bad control is about to win his third ranking event. That just highlights how poor the overall standard is these days.

Postby eraserhead

Ash147 wrote:It's ridiculous how a player with such bad cue bad control is about to win his third ranking event. That just highlights how poor the overall standard is these days.

Judd's cue ball has never been his strength but he's won ranking events. If you don't miss when you're in it's going to be hard for the other player.

Postby Ash147

eraserhead wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It's ridiculous how a player with such bad cue bad control is about to win his third ranking event. That just highlights how poor the overall standard is these days.

Judd's cue ball has never been his strength but he's won ranking events. If you don't miss when you're in it's going to be hard for the other player.

Judd's cue ball control has always been better than Wilson's, especially in the last few seasons.

Postby eraserhead

Ash147 wrote:Judd's cue ball control has always been better than Wilson's, especially in the last few seasons.

In the last few season's it's better but not his most consistent asset. You see Judd playing loads of recovery shots to get out of positional mistakes.

Postby Ash147

eraserhead wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Judd's cue ball control has always been better than Wilson's, especially in the last few seasons.

In the last few season's it's better but not his most consistent asset. You see Judd playing loads of recovery shots to get out of positional mistakes.

I think Judd still plays recovery shots during his breaks, but no where near as many as he used to. Wilson's breaks seem to be made almost entirely of recovery shots, it's almost like he doesn't try to play position.

Postby Ash147

Comfortable for Wilson, 3-1 up at the interval. Gilbert is putting no pressure on him though.
Last edited by Ash147 on 03 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:They seem to be playing fairly rapidly.

It's still been pretty dull though, I'm starting to get bored of it already.

I think I might rewatch the China Championship final instead.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:I am watching Brooklyn 99.

Did I ever say I like that show?

I like that show. I haven't seen any of season 6 though.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

I haven't seen the most recent episode but it's basically as good as ever.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I haven't seen the most recent episode but it's basically as good as ever.

That's good to hear, I'll have to check that out.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:

Is that the newest series?

I'm waiting for it to come in E4.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:What a poor miss on the black by Gilbert. Just when it looked like the frame was going to be his.

Ooooh. And that's a bad miss.