Post a reply

D88.com German Masters Final !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 30th of January ~ Sunday 3rd of February at the Tempodrom in Berlin

Dave Gilbert in his second Final of the season will take on Kyren Wilson who narrowly lost in the Champion of Champion final to Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Not much to go on regarding Head to Heads considering both been on tour a few years now with so many tournaments Gilbert 16 years and Wilson 7 years.

Kyren Wilson will start out Favorite but Gilbert has proved this week how much that count for nothing with wins over Selby and Robertson.

Who will win?

DRAW

Final

Kyren Wilson v David Gilbert

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Wilson leads 2-0
Main Tournaments: Wilson leads 1-0
Multi-session matches:First match
Finals : First Final

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88.com German Masters Final !!

Postby TheRocket

Would like to see Gilbert win but not sure if he can handle the occasion. And playing in front of a big and noisy crowd could be too much for him.

Not saying he'll collapse but even if it affects him just a little bit it might be enough already for Wilson to put him away quite comfortably.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:Would like to see Gilbert win but not sure if he can handle the occasion. And playing in front of a big and noisy crowd could be too much for him.

Not saying he'll collapse but even if it affects him just a little bit it might be enough already for Wilson to put him away quite comfortably.

I agree.

If Gilbert gets mashed he will have a huge monkey on his back.

If he wins, he will progress to consistent top 16.

Pivotal

Postby Alex0paul

Wilson has lost a lot of finals too so could be a lot of twitching tonight.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:Wilson has lost a lot of finals too so could be a lot of twitching tonight.

True. He went through a long phase of losing finals.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Wilson has lost a lot of finals too so could be a lot of twitching tonight.

Yea but he has performed on a higher stage one table at the Crucible and Masters Final you just get the feeling hes served his apprentaship and got a lesson from some of the Best and now hes ready.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:

Yea but he has performed on a higher stage one table at the Crucible and Masters Final you just get the feeling hes served his apprentaship and got a lesson from some of the Best and now hes ready.

I don’t think beating Gilbert in a final answers those questions.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I don’t think beating Gilbert in a final answers those questions.

Im not talkig about this tournament but in General hes ready where as Gilbert isnt.

So i expect Wilson to Win today

Postby Alex0paul

Hopefully Gilbert doesn’t hand it to Wilson like Williams and Maguire did

Postby Wildey

Apparantly the Attendance for the first 3 days of the tournament has been much bigger than its been before.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Apparantly the Attendance for the first 3 days of the tournament has been much bigger than its been before.

What's your point?

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Regarding WGP:

Why is Ronnie playing Fu and not Murphy tomorrow night? Both are 30th on the prov list. And why is Allen seeded as No 1 although Ronnie is the defending champ?

Ah, the matches have been announced?

Postby HappyCamper

Why is Ronnie playing Fu and not Murphy tomorrow night? Both are 30th on the prov list. And why is Allen seeded as No 1 although Ronnie is the defending champ?

I believe Murphy is ahead due to being runner-up in the Scottish Open, whereas Marco's best result was a last eight at the World Open.

Mark Allen is top of the YTD rankings so is seeded first.

Postby hendry_fan

I,d like Dave to win,but like Wildey wrote,i,m also expecting Kyren to win.

But can the man who made the historical 147th *147* provide the unexpected and beat The Warrior though and win his first ever ranking title after being many years on the pro circuit,i definatley hope so.

COMMME ON DAVE!,you deserve to win a ranking title,this might be your best chance ever. <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:

Ah, the matches have been announced?

Most of them. Seedings from fourth down to tenth will be finalised after tonight's match

Postby eraserhead

Goldstein reminding Jimmy he's been in many world finals. <laugh>

Ding lost to Duane Jones. <doh>

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I just watched the season one finale of The Good Place.

:shock:

What a twist ending.

Best comedy series on TV. Possibly best series.