Topic locked

Shanghai Masters Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Welcome to the Build up and Start to the Shanghai Masters the First Ranking Tournament of the Brand New World under Barry Hearn

who will triumph in shanghai this season ?

Previous Winners

2007 Dominic Dale beat Ryan Day 10-6
2008 Ricky Walden beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-8
2009 Ronnie O'Sullivan beat Liang Wenbo 10-5

DRAW

Order of Play

BST
Wild Card-Quarter Finals
1ST Session=7.30am
2nd Session=12.45pm

Semi Finals and Final
1ST Session=7.00am
2nd Session=12.45pm

Re: Shanghai Masters Wild Card and 1st Round Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Really psyched about this one. :ba: :D

Looking forward to the Stephen Hendry vs Martin Gould match, especially as the last time it happened, I had no idea who Martin Gould was.

Martin has a Wild Card to get through.and not any old Wild Card he has a Profesional wild card in Li Hang who has played on Tour.

Chinese Wild Cards are in a different league to 10 even 8 years ago.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:

Looking forward to the Stephen Hendry vs Martin Gould match, especially as the last time it happened, I had no idea who Martin Gould was.

Martin has a Wild Card to get through.and not any old Wild Card he has a Profesional wild card in Li Hang who has played on Tour.

Oh rubbish, has he? I must've read that wrong. I meant no disrespect to the Chinese boys.

That was the highlight of the first round for me. I've probably jinxed him now.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Oh rubbish, has he? I must've read that wrong. I meant no disrespect to the Chinese boys.

That was the highlight of the first round for me. I've probably jinxed him now.

rofl

that is a match im looking forward to but with Ding playing in the same session i doubt we will see any of it.

lets hope LIVE SCORING WORKING :wild2:

Postby Wildey

Wild's Opinion on TV Matches

top TV Match in bold the other is second match if there's time at the end of transmition.

Monday September 6

2.30pm
Jamie Burnett v Tian Pengfei
Ken Doherty v Mohammad Sajjad

7.45pm
Mike Dunn v Mei Xiwen
Martin Gould v Li Hang

Tuesday September 7

2.30pm
Liang Wenbo v Matthew Stevens
Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump

7.45pm
Ronnie O'Sullivan v WC1 winner
Marco Fu v Mark Davis

Wednesday September 8

2.30pm
Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon
Mark Selby v WC6 winner

7.45pm
Ding Junhui v WC4 winner
Stephen Hendry v WC7 winner

Postby randam05

There are some tough matches to call this year in the first round...

Stephen Maguire vs Judd trump - Maguire a top player but trump coming off of a win. Could be a tight match but I favour Maguire slightly.

Jamie Cope vs Steve Davis - Cope a good player at times, but suffers from consistency and could crumble under Davis's tactics, too close to call but my money would be on Cope. Just.

Liang Wenbo vs Matthew Stevens - Both good players, Stevens with more experience but form has been poor of recent, so for that reason I favour Wenbo but still a close match im sure.

Shaun Murphy vs Stephen Lee - Could be close, if Lee is on form I can see him winning but I definantley favour Murphy cause he is a great player and is playing in many more rankers and is on better form at the moment.

Neil Robertson vs Peter Ebdon - Peter beat him in the China Open at the end of last season so no reason why he could not do it again, but this probably was because of Robertson making his first 147 so I see him winning this time round.

So they are the close matches in this tournament for me and we could see a suprise winner like in the past in this tournament ( Dale and Walden) What does everyone else think of these tight first round matches? predictions please.

Postby Wildey

its hard to imagine this was the last tournament of any description Ronnie won 12 months ago....

not even the domination of the PL Gave him a win or a PTC Final could give him a win in the last 12 months.

this is the longest spell Ronnie has gone without winning nothing since 1999

he won the Scottish Masters in September 1998 his next victory was the china international in December 1999

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:No disrespect to the wildcards but for me this tournament doesn’t really start until Tuesday

pengfei v burnett is in fact a last 32 match winner goes straight through to last 16

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wrote:No disrespect to the wildcards but for me this tournament doesn’t really start until Tuesday

pengfei v burnett is in fact a last 32 match winner goes straight through to last 16

Who would have bet that........... :redneck:

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

Who would have bet that........... :redneck:

i hope ronnie didnt bet on it :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sorry but we will not be running live scoring during the Shanghai Masters. The new system will be in operation soon after that.
regards
Ivan

ive had a e mail

now hasent to add ivan be having a e mail back

well that is bloody appalling how much time do you bloody want for crying out loud.

Someone needs the sack and pronto people have offered to help you and they could have had it up by now What the Hell are you doing there apart from sleeping ?

useless idiots

Postby Bourne

Pathetic. All very well having problems with the PTC, and I still think that's a joke, but to actually stoop lower than last season with live scoring which was abysmal and now completely take that away is dire. Thank goodness for Eurosport, or are they going to take that away from us too ?

Postby Wildey

Live Scoring needed to be improved but so far ive seen rubbish.

its been 2 bucking months since the decision to take Live down and develope a new one was taken and it was the right decision to do that because its been bullocks for as long as ive been online but now 2 months on when ive seen people on TSF Say its a piece of snake hiss to make a workable version is taking the bucking snake hiss now.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:Live Scoring needed to be improved but so far ive seen rubbish.

Well, I will shoot from the hip on this issue.

BH came in with a swagger and a go-get-'em attitude and we were promised new improved LIVE scoring. It seriously does not take this long and for those that criticised the previous management we already have several issues that are making BH look rather the fool.

This is clearly not good enough.

:santa:

Postby Wildey

you cant blame Barry Hearn for everything especially this but there are people in Jobs that shouldnt be in them and others that are going out of their way to make Barry Hearn Look like a pin end.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote::| I dont believe it! We were promised a new website aswell no? Bit fustrating really. But atleast we got kind people on here to give us a live enough scoring system.

Problem is theres 4 Tables meaning 3 wont be televised......

i doubt anyone from globalsnooker will be going to shanghai so we will be relying on updates via comentary.