Post a reply

Re: D88.com German Masters Last 16 !!

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Is it just my live scores that Bingham and Robertson has disappeared off?

My live scores are only showing the Belgian woman's open atm. Diana Schuler is playing Zoe Killington.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:They'll meet in the World championship final one day. Mark my words. We'll have a best of 35 needle match then.

I just don't care if they like each other, to be honest.

Don't really care that much either with Trump or Wilson but you gotta admit when we had all those those Selby-ROS matches the needle always made it extra special. It's a great match anyway due to the clash of different styles of play but the needle made the people and fans love that match up even more.

Not saying the Trump-Wilson rivalry will reach that degree of popularity but it certainly adds to a match when you have two players who are not the best buddies off the table.

I think any individual or one on one sport needs a good rivalry with a touch of needle.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Don't really care that much either with Trump or Wilson but you gotta admit when we had all those those Selby-ROS matches the needle always made it extra special. It's a great match anyway due to the clash of different styles of play but the needle made the people and fans love that match up even more.

Not saying the Trump-Wilson rivalry will reach that degree of popularity but it certainly adds to a match when you have two players who are not the best buddies off the table.

I think any individual or one on one sport needs a good rivalry with a touch of needle.

If you say so. :shrug:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Don't really care that much either with Trump or Wilson but you gotta admit when we had all those those Selby-ROS matches the needle always made it extra special. It's a great match anyway due to the clash of different styles of play but the needle made the people and fans love that match up even more.

If you say so. :shrug:

Hendry would be disappointed with you. :no:

According to the 7 time World Champion players shouldnt even talk to each other.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:They'll meet in the World championship final one day. Mark my words. We'll have a best of 35 needle match then.

I just don't care if they like each other, to be honest.

Don't really care that much either with Trump or Wilson but you gotta admit when we had all those those Selby-ROS matches the needle always made it extra special. It's a great match anyway due to the clash of different styles of play but the needle made the people and fans love that match up even more.

Fully agree. It adds something extra, IMO.

Postby SnookerFan

Why is it, I am busy all this week and half of next week when the decent length matches are on, but have ample time to watch spazzy best of sevens when the Welsh Open is on? <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:Say what you want about the change itself, but I like the Bic Mac advert.

I've never had a big Mac and assumed it had bacon on it anyway.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm still not quite over Yuan Sijun's foul that wasn't a foul yesterday.

Surely he knew he'd committed it too?

The talking point should've been a young man beating Higgins. Not that foul. It's bad to see.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:I'm still not quite over Yuan Sijun's foul that wasn't a foul yesterday.

The talking point should've been a young man beating Higgins. Not that foul. It's bad to see.

Is it just me or has snooker officiating gone down the toilet in recent years? And this despite having more technology at their disposal.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 01 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I'm still not quite over Yuan Sijun's foul that wasn't a foul yesterday.

I think he'd already turned away before the cue ball hit the rest.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

Is it just me or is snooker officiating gone down the toilet in recent years? And this despite having more technology at their disposal.

I think it's because of technology rather than in spite of it.

I think refs have definitely got lazier when it comes to memorising where the balls are. Because they know they'll be able to look at a screen.

They're still better at it then Eirian Williams though.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

I think he'd already turned away before the cue ball hit the rest.

But, his rest was still on the table. You could see where it was going about half an hour before it hit the rest.

I mean, I know these things are ultimately up to the referee, but players usually call fouls on themselves.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Bring back Michaela Tabb.

She's not a good referee.

Than again that's probably not why you want her back <laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:

Is it just me or has snooker officiating gone down the toilet in recent years? And this despite having more technology at their disposal.

But Taylor said they do a terrific job?

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't think Yuan had any idea.

If a foul had been called it would have been wrong IMO

Yuan knew. It's a shame because this is the sort of thing that will validate Mark Allen and others like him.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't think Yuan had any idea.

If a foul had been called it would have been wrong IMO

How so?

Because the match had ended?

The match doesn't end until the last ball has stopped rolling. It was a clear and obvious error by the referee.