Post a reply

Re: Will Anthony McGill win the World Championship?

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:I will. Come midday tomorrow I hope to be supping a pint at the Ally Pally, reading the programme and shoving an overpriced hot dog down my throat.

I need to get to live snooker again soon. My little boy has interest so it would be lovely to bring him.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I will. Come midday tomorrow I hope to be supping a pint at the Ally Pally, reading the programme and shoving an overpriced hot dog down my throat.

Not the best food choices at Ally Pally it must be said.

The beer's great though :)

Postby Ash147

Anthony McGill has won 13 of his 31 matches this season. He's only reached the last 16 twice, and only one of those was in a ranking event. He was ranked at a career high of 13 as recently as last March, but has since slipped down to number 20.

Postby Ash147

He's not the only former top 16 player who is struggling at the moment. Ricky Walden is now ranked at 34, and has only reached a single quarter final out of the 13 tournaments he's played in this season. Michael White is doing even worse. He's down to 36 in the rankings, and has only reached the last 32 twice, having only won 8 matches all season.

Postby TheSaviour

He´s certainly one of those players "guilty" of making the sport looking as unattractive as possible. I guess I can understand his reasons, which are all good. And he does it really well, I mean there are something other to spot on and to realise than just following the giving sport, match or an athlete. So no problem with that. It is currently going on and a wide, wide selection of sports to choose from of where it is going on.

I hope he wins it, and rather sooner than later. He certainly has the natural talent to do it multiple times.

But now the inevitable has happened and I am going to post something about the Bush cuisine also. So off to Namibia and along with the Bush people. Although the "Bushmen" are a distinct ethnic group, they have no collective name for themselves. They are members of the Kung clan, or Ju/Hoans, or any one of a dozen other clans.

Bush cuisine.

Usually, you´ll be offered buffet lunches and dinners comprising a wide range of meals, salads, vegetables and desserts. Guests will usually be offered a traditional braai (barbecue) complete with lots of different kinds of salads and potjiekos (stew). On special occasions Namibians like to make a delicious stew called "small pot food". In the mix can go anything from chicken, beef, seafood, tomatoes, onions, rice or potatoes, all of which are slow-cooked with a spicy sauce, which often has "secret" ingredients. The pot itself often has to be heated using SCANTY amounts of wood and charcoal - it can take anything from three to six hours to cook the stew.

And at least two groups of San (bushmen), the !Kung and the G/wi, traditionally believe in two "great chiefs" or gods. Yasema is the powerful god of good who lives in the east. He makes the sun rise. Chevangani is the lesser god, who lives in the west, makes the sun set. When the Dutch Reform Church began to work among the Bushmen in the 1980s, missionaries reported that, while the San had no problem in identifying Yasema with God and Chevangani with Satan, converts to Christianity were few.

What I have learned from the likes of Anthony McGill is that you may have an every right to be very depressed, and if having those reasons, then you absolutely should be depressed. The depression on itself is just a good thing. I personally have a very, very high goals which all are reality to me to achieve and when don´t I should be depressed. I learned that from the Spaniards also. Some of those Tv-shows of their are just pure class. When having an every right to be depressed, when not achieving your might be high goals, then f....... be depressed. Some hilarious characters which always is what I am looking forward to learn from and to follow, and Anthony McGill also certainly fits that bill also.

And seems that he and Peter Ebdon have finally really hit the gold. After a long, along dark period. But like they say, what comes around it goes around. They are both a very, very unattractive players but hilarious personalities. Which is always what people should be looking at. It might be hot or a cold or the snakes around but they are always SCANTY lol. Lol....

Anterselva. Center Alva.

So I feel I also have received the recognition. From the consistent hard work. Which sounds good, and I suppose it is good. I feel that if I make 10 000 euros / week out of using just some small coins, it sounds like a real threat. Using just some weeks or months to gather and making the life job. Which when thinking it feels good. Nothing SCANTY about it. If having months when not making it, I have an every right to be depressed. Because I really have the game to do that. That´s a good thing to learn. Hopefully Anthony McGill could also think and to make it to happen like that. Giving something back to him when he quite obviously have made some inputs when the sport of snooker has been looking a very, very flat and boring and something to completely to ignore. Even when at time or most of the times he has been something just as a huge misery. But like they say, easy come, easy goes. So I am not bothered even when having a lot, a lots of bills to pay out. Just easy comes, easy goes. And nothing wrong with that either. As long as when thinking about it if makes you feel decent. So great times still to look forward. Obviously it still will require some ignoring. So sorry about that. But there still are some truly hilarious characters, which is all what really counts.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:He´s certainly one of those players "guilty" of making the sport looking as unattractive as possible. I guess I can understand his reasons, which are all good. And he does it really well, I mean there are something other to spot on and to realise than just following the giving sport, match or an athlete. So no problem with that. It is currently going on and a wide, wide selection of sports to choose from of where it is going on.

I hope he wins it, and rather sooner than later. He certainly has the natural talent to do it multiple times.

But now the inevitable has happened and I am going to post something about the Bush cuisine also. So off to Namibia and along with the Bush people. Although the "Bushmen" are a distinct ethnic group, they have no collective name for themselves. They are members of the Kung clan, or Ju/Hoans, or any one of a dozen other clans.

Bush cuisine.

Usually, you´ll be offered buffet lunches and dinners comprising a wide range of meals, salads, vegetables and desserts. Guests will usually be offered a traditional braai (barbecue) complete with lots of different kinds of salads and potjiekos (stew). On special occasions Namibians like to make a delicious stew called "small pot food". In the mix can go anything from chicken, beef, seafood, tomatoes, onions, rice or potatoes, all of which are slow-cooked with a spicy sauce, which often has "secret" ingredients. The pot itself often has to be heated using SCANTY amounts of wood and charcoal - it can take anything from three to six hours to cook the stew.

And at least two groups of San (bushmen), the !Kung and the G/wi, traditionally believe in two "great chiefs" or gods. Yasema is the powerful god of good who lives in the east. He makes the sun rise. Chevangani is the lesser god, who lives in the west, makes the sun set. When the Dutch Reform Church began to work among the Bushmen in the 1980s, missionaries reported that, while the San had no problem in identifying Yasema with God and Chevangani with Satan, converts to Christianity were few.

What I have learned from the likes of Anthony McGill is that you may have an every right to be very depressed, and if having those reasons, then you absolutely should be depressed. The depression on itself is just a good thing. I personally have a very, very high goals which all are reality to me to achieve and when don´t I should be depressed. I learned that from the Spaniards also. Some of those Tv-shows of their are just pure class. When having an every right to be depressed, when not achieving your might be high goals, then f....... be depressed. Some hilarious characters which always is what I am looking forward to learn from and to follow, and Anthony McGill also certainly fits that bill also.

And seems that he and Peter Ebdon have finally really hit the gold. After a long, along dark period. But like they say, what comes around it goes around. They are both a very, very unattractive players but hilarious personalities. Which is always what people should be looking at. It might be hot or a cold or the snakes around but they are always SCANTY lol. Lol....

Anterselva. Center Alva.

So I feel I also have received the recognition. From the consistent hard work. Which sounds good, and I suppose it is good. I feel that if I make 10 000 euros / week out of using just some small coins, it sounds like a real threat. Using just some weeks or months to gather and making the life job. Which when thinking it feels good. Nothing SCANTY about it. If having months when not making it, I have an every right to be depressed. Because I really have the game to do that. That´s a good thing to learn. Hopefully Anthony McGill could also think and to make it to happen like that. Giving something back to him when he quite obviously have made some inputs when the sport of snooker has been looking a very, very flat and boring and something to completely to ignore. Even when at time or most of the times he has been something just as a huge misery. But like they say, easy come, easy goes. So I am not bothered even when having a lot, a lots of bills to pay out. Just easy comes, easy goes. And nothing wrong with that either. As long as when thinking about it if makes you feel decent. So great times still to look forward. Obviously it still will require some ignoring. So sorry about that. But there still are some truly hilarious characters, which is all what really counts.

Well, there you go Wild.

You wanted a post that had more than the word 'discuss' in it. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:McGill is a strange one.
I thought he was destined for big things.
Maybe still is but he is struggling for sure atm.

As said, Michael White seems to be struggling more.

But I'd rate McGill over White, if I'm honest.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:I've never seen anything from White to justify the hype.

I saw him play brilliantly in one tournament about three years ago so had my eye on him. Can't remember what it was

Didn't he reach a Crucible quarter-final, or did I make that up?

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:I've never seen anything from White to justify the hype.

I saw him play brilliantly in one tournament about three years ago so had my eye on him. Can't remember what it was

Didn't he reach a Crucible quarter-final, or did I make that up?

Yes he made the quarter-finals on his Crucible debut, losing 13-6 to Ricky Walden.