Topic locked

New member - and disappointed

Postby Thompson Lykes

I read about this place the other night on BBC's forum which I used to post on a few years ago but haven't really spent much time on recently. Sorry my first posting/threat is a moan but I've come on here to see what the chat is and there is somebody prattling on about golf swings? I thought I'd left the idiots on 606 - obviously not.

Re: New member - and disappointed

Postby Roland

That was an automated spammer I'm afraid. As soon as they are picked up on, they are banned. This one has become active since I was last online but he is now gone.

Anyway, I hope that doesn't put you off because they are very rare and are dealt with once they've spammed.

Postby Wildey

Thompson Lykes wrote:I read about this place the other night on BBC's forum which I used to post on a few years ago but haven't really spent much time on recently. Sorry my first posting/threat is a moan but I've come on here to see what the chat is and there is somebody prattling on about golf swings? I thought I'd left the idiots on 606 - obviously not.

there will always be idiots no matter where you post thats the nature of the beast and witz posts here but hey we cant have everything however the difference between here and 606 is the problem is pin pointed sooner and dealt with quicker.unfortunately witz just about stays the right side of idiocy <ok>

hope to chat on many things with you over the years here <ok>
Last edited by Wildey on 30 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Thompson Lykes wrote:I read about this place the other night on BBC's forum which I used to post on a few years ago but haven't really spent much time on recently. Sorry my first posting/threat is a moan but I've come on here to see what the chat is and there is somebody prattling on about golf swings? I thought I'd left the idiots on 606 - obviously not.

there will always be idiots no matter where you post thats the nature of the beast however the difference between here and 606 is the problem is pin pointed sooner and dealt with quicker.

Straight from the horses mouth rofl

Postby Wildey

wildJONESEYE wrote:

there will always be idiots no matter where you post thats the nature of the beast and witz posts here but hey we cant have everything however the difference between here and 606 is the problem is pin pointed sooner and dealt with quicker.unfortunately witz just about stays the right side of idiocy <ok>

hope to chat on many things with you over the years here <ok>

ive changed my original post just to pinpoint the idiot :redneck:

Postby Rocket_ron

The Cueist wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:wild, witz is a far improved poster than he used to be

R-ron <ok>

Do you think wild is the best poster on here? ;)

when he isn't swearing then yes, very knowledgable and devoted

Postby Wildey

dont make a big deal out of it lol

witz and me are ok <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

The Cueist wrote:

R-ron <ok>

I will field this one Witz. Rocket would say:

"No, although Wild is a fine poster, he is at best only second. Tubberlad is by far the most knowledgable and best looking poster"

I hope that clears things up for you Witz.

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

R-ron <ok>

"No, although Wild is a fine poster, he is at best only second. Tubberlad is by far the most knowledgable and best looking poster"

<laugh> <laugh>
i dont know, there are some members we haven't seen

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

R-ron <ok>

i made you i can destroy you :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

<laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

R-ron <ok>

i made you i can destroy you :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

<laugh>

dont follow you here wild, however it seems funny so <laugh> <laugh>

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

R-ron <ok>

<laugh> <laugh>

im sure theres a reason we havent seen them tho rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:I will field this one Witz. Rocket would say:

<laugh> <laugh>

im sure theres a reason we havent seen them tho rofl

well we haven't seen GJ,Wild or Bourne they could (notice the word "could") be good lookers

Postby randam05

haha I like the way we are chatting to a guy that doesnt seem to be here! dont join up and dissapear, whats the point in that. Also wondering how many members are there to this website now?

Postby Rocket_ron

randam05 wrote:haha I like the way we are chatting to a guy that doesnt seem to be here! dont join up and dissapear, whats the point in that. Also wondering how many members are there to this website now?

hopefully he will be back

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
randam05 wrote:haha I like the way we are chatting to a guy that doesnt seem to be here! dont join up and dissapear, whats the point in that. Also wondering how many members are there to this website now?

whos that? Moondan? Seifer?

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

whos that? Moondan? Seifer?

i would welcome them 2 here anyday, they were/are the original legends of 606

and i hope the author of this thread comes back too

Postby Roland

The author of the thread judged the entire forum based on a single automated spammer who posted 4 times and then received a ban by IP, registered email, username and was deleted from the database. If he doesn't come back, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Postby The Cueist

StalinESQ wrote:
The Cueist wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:nice thread :redneck:

:chin: Even if it has got criticism wrote all over it. <doh>

T'is Rochdales finest,I tell you that for nowt. <ok>

you might be right there, the photo is an improvement anyway.................... <laugh> rofl

rofl Know that rofl

Postby Roland

I see I've been quoted from here on 606 by 110 man Leadbetter, as usual out of context much like the sort of drivel about rankings you read on his site.

Thompson Lykes is welcome to join in and I hope he does. I was pointing out that it was unfair to judge and create an article with a provocative title like this when all that happened was he was first on the scene when an automated spammer was active, and as soon as moderator or admin logged in they were deleted. Every forum has to contend with this and I have mods in place to flag potential spammers before they start spamming and have removed a lot of them before they've posted. Most of them seem to emanate from China and advertise sports gear such as golf (in this case) and NFL jerseys.

Postby Thompson Lykes

Sorry to have caused so much upset. But I only go by what I see. But I have to say so much of upset on these boards is self-inflicted on your part trying to guess who a new poster might be, what their agenda is, who they work for, who they were in a previous life etc.

eg '110 sports leadbetter' - who says? Someone who was equally wrong attempting to identify me? someone who likes to leave red herrings scattered around? someone trying to throw people off the scent? someone from the snooker forum who just likes stirring it? someone who is qualifies as being an idiot?

the reason I haven't been here for a few days is that I have other things to occupy me, like work.

But i'm around today on and off so I will try and join in