Post a reply

147 records

Postby Johnny Bravo

I started this thread to talk about 147 related records.

At this moment in time, ROS is the player with the most 147 breaks in competitive play. He also holds the record for the fastest one. Hendry is second with 11 and Higgo is 3rd with 9.

1. I doubt anyone will ever make a faster one, but do you guys think someone will surpass his 147 tally (meaning total number of maxis) ?
2. Will Higgo topple Hendry to take second place ?

Re: 147 records

Postby Alex0paul

Ding will make the most 147s

Postby Johnny Bravo

Alex0paul wrote:Ding will make the most 147s

Ding has a very good cuebball control, so there is a possibility for that to happen. The question is will Ding play long enough to do it ? His head isn't focused on snooker atm. In recent interviews he said he missed out a lot on life cause all he did while being younger was to play snooker.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I think ROS has more in him yet so I don't think it will be beaten for quite some time.

Higgins will beat Hendry IMO

Postby Erza Scarlet

Higgins will topple Hendry but I don't see anyone beating Ronnie's tally. He's on 15 and he'll add more. He probably has a record of 20 to reach.

147s are popular now but they're spread out among players. Ding is on 6 so he'd have to make one 147 every year (which no one has ever done) for the next 10 years to surpass Ronnie's 15 and that's taking into account Ronnie stays at #15 for the next 10 years. Not happening.

Postby mick745

All sports are littered with 'unbeatable' records. Until they get beaten. As my father would say never is a long time.

Ronnie's 5mins20 is not the fastest that is humanly possible. It will be difficult but eventually will get surpassed.

Postby vodkadiet

147s. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby Holden Chinaski

mick745 wrote:Ronnie's 5mins20 is not the fastest that is humanly possible. It will be difficult but eventually will get surpassed.

I'd have to see that before I believe it. It woud be insane if someone would knock in a 147 in less than 5:20.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:147s. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's all about the 155.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:147s. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's all about the 155.

I'd love to see someone doing one at the Crucible.