Who was greater overall?

Stephen Hendry
82%
John Higgins
18%

Total votes : 11

Second GOAT

Postby Pink Ball

Ronnie O’Sullivan is the greatest player of all time. It took him a long time to reach the pinnacle of snooker history, but he is now untouchable in this debate.

The second and third greatest players of all time are Stephen Hendry and John Higgins, but in which order?

Hendry won twice as many majors, but Higgins’ prime was at a much more competitive time in snooker. Even at that, he won more tournaments in his prime than Hendry did in his prime.

It’s a close one for sure. I’ll stick with Hendry, but if Higgins won maybe two more majors, I’d sadly side with him. I say sadly as I can’t stand Higgins and much prefer Hendry.

Re: Second GOAT

Postby Johnny Bravo

Hendry's had a better career title wise, but if they were to play 1000 games against each other, Higgins would probably come out on top. That's cause he's an all round player, while Hendry was world class just in attacking play. He was average in the tactical and safety department and that's why he couldn't win any more majors after the age of 30.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie is better than these two by so far that he should fill the first four GOAT places.

Higgins, Trump, Selby...have all been lucky and/or grinding whenever they have won anything. Ronnie has always been fatigued/unwell/frustrated whenever he has lost anything.

Postby vodkadiet

The second GOAT is Steve Davis, second to Stephen Hendry.

This is irrefutable.

Achievements outweigh opinion every time.

Postby Ash147

vodkadiet wrote:The second GOAT is Steve Davis, second to Stephen Hendry.

This is irrefutable.

Achievements outweigh opinion every time.

Steve Davis is third, after Stephen Hendry.

Joe Davis is clearly the GOAT, as achievements outweigh opinion every time.