Topic locked

Any Students in the house?

Postby SnookerFan

Apparently, on the Tuesday, you can get tickets for £1 to see the afternoon play of the World Open. It just showed up on World Snooker's Facebook page.

Barry's trying lots of offers to get people through the door, isn't he?

Re: Any Students in the house?

Postby Alex0paul

Very good offer. I am sure they did something similar with the Welsh Open a few years back too.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently, on the Tuesday, you can get tickets for £1 to see the afternoon play of the World Open. It just showed up on World Snooker's Facebook page.

Barry's trying lots of offers to get people through the door, isn't he?

How many students will be awake for an afternoon session of snooker................... :redneck:

Postby Smart

snookerbacker wrote:Now, that WAS my idea!!!! Email to World Snooker a month ago, unacknowledged of course.

Nice one. I emailed BH and asked for the PTC to be set up and for him to have zero LIVE scoring and zero streaming. He listened to me too. :wave:

Postby Witz78

The World Open falls around Freshers Week for most students in the 3 main universities in Glasgow so would think snooker will be the last thing on their minds.

Ahhh Freshers Week, they were the days, so good i milked it and went to Freshers Weeks for about 6 or 7 years in a row haha

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:
snookerbacker wrote:Now, that WAS my idea!!!! Email to World Snooker a month ago, unacknowledged of course.

Nice one. I emailed BH and asked for the PTC to be set up and for him to have zero LIVE scoring and zero streaming. He listened to me too. :wave:

Next Time you got a bright idea THINK FIRST :redneck:

Postby Roland

Hearn did say he would welcome ideas and claim the good ones as his own. I emailed him something I wrote on the blog about rolling rankings and refreshing them during the season. Who knows if that any effect...

Postby SnookerFan

Personally, if I could've got into a local snooker tournament for £1, I would've been up for the afternoon. Lucky students. :D

Then again, £1 does seem about the correct price for a best five match. <ok>

Postby Smart

We need full venues at all tournies ...............and if that means giving away FREE tickets to get people "addicted" then its worth it in the long run. Sometimes you need a loss-leader to get things moving in the right direction.

<ok> :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:We need full venues at all tournies ...............and if that means giving away FREE tickets to get people "addicted" then its worth it in the long run. Sometimes you need a loss-leader to get things moving in the right direction.

That was pretty much my sentiment when they were giving away tickets at Tescos. I severly hope it works.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:We need full venues at all tournies ...............and if that means giving away FREE tickets to get people "addicted" then its worth it in the long run. Sometimes you need a loss-leader to get things moving in the right direction.

That was pretty much my sentiment when they were giving away tickets at Tescos. I severly hope it works.

S/fan - I've said it before, I'll say it again, we are very very alike - that obviously reflects very well on you to be mentioned in the same breath as me - as I am a legend in my own right. <ok> :wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWf2UmhWnsg
skip to 3mins 30secs..............thank me later :ahh:

:sylvester:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

S/fan - I've said it before, I'll say it again, we are very very alike - that obviously reflects very well on you to be mentioned in the same breath as me - as I am a legend in my own right. <ok> :wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWf2UmhWnsg
skip to 3mins 30secs..............thank me later :ahh:

:sylvester:

What the buck was that?