Topic locked

The Paul Hunter Classic (EPTC 1) Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Qualifying Day Thursday 26th of August

Tournament Proper 27th ~ 29th of August

The PTC Series has crossed over to Germany for The Paul Hunter Classic with the Best in the World taking on the Best in Germany.

Ronnie O'Sullivan,Stephen Hendry,Mark Selby,Mark Williams and World Champion Neil Robertson in Action but one of the stars of the PTC Stephen Maguire Sitting this one out

Qualifying Draw

Main Draw

Schedual of Play if you can make sense of it :redneck:

Re: The Paul Hunter Classic (EPTC 1) Discussion !!!!

Postby GJ

good man wild the first time i have saw people showing the respect robbo WC deserves

keep up the good work :afro:

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC5_news(Y ... o%3BEm_All)-2537.htm?tid=187

Yu Can’t Win ’Em All

Yu Delu has withdrawn from the Paul Hunter Classic due to an injury, handing Ronnie O'Sullivan a bye into the last 64.
China's Yu was due to compete as a wild card at the Roewe Shanghai Masters but has also withdrawn from that event. The two wild card places to be filled in Shanghai will be confirmed shortly.

The Paul Hunter Classic, which is the first event in the Euro Players Tour Championship series, starts on Thursday at the Stadthalle Fürth in Germany, and runs until Sunday.

Postby Wildey

vinot wrote:Is this the thread to follow and post in or is it the other EPTC-thread? Why do we need two threads? Can admin clear out which is the one?

This is the thread because it sais discussion on it so i will close the other

the other 1 was just to highlight when the draw was being made and published <ok>

Postby Wildey

ill Keep you informed with some of the matches in qualifying the likes of Tony Knowles playing but most names ive never herd about but anyone interested in them GlobalSnooker or World Snooker Drawsheet is the place to look.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/EPTC1_Draw.htm?tid=187

http://www.global-snooker.com/professio ... esults.asp

Postby Wildey

another no show was Tony Knowles... Markus Hertle gets a bye in to the second qualifying round played later tonight.

to enter players got to play £100 so i take it if they withdraw its tough tits ?

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:another no show was Tony Knowles... Markus Hertle gets a bye in to the second qualifying round played later tonight.

to enter players got to play £100 so i take it if they withdraw its tough tits ?

I would say so!

Any word yet if the event will be streamed??

Postby Wildey

ive heard nothing if not this season next season i think that will have to be sorted out we cant go 2,3,4 years without PTC Being streamed id be losing patience big time then.

Postby vinot

wildJONESEYE wrote:
vinot wrote:Is this the thread to follow and post in or is it the other EPTC-thread? Why do we need two threads? Can admin clear out which is the one?

This is the thread because it sais discussion on it so i will close the other

the other 1 was just to highlight when the draw was being made and published <ok>

Thanks!

Postby vinot

wildJONESEYE wrote:ive heard nothing if not this season next season i think that will have to be sorted out we cant go 2,3,4 years without PTC Being streamed id be losing patience big time then.

I think this was a trial year for a format nobody knew if it was going to work or not. But I think its safe to say that among the players the PTC is a success, and if Hearn and & wants this positive trend to continue, the fans should get to access the fruits of the PTC also. It would be stupidity and a major breach of duty not to sit down and discuss how the format could be developed further. Perhaps there are a pair of eyes reading this forum for pointers! :chin:

Postby Roland

It's fairly clear from all I've read on here and other sites that the fans want to see live streaming of PTC events and at the very least we need the new live scoring up and running asap.

Postby Wildey

vinot wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:ive heard nothing if not this season next season i think that will have to be sorted out we cant go 2,3,4 years without PTC Being streamed id be losing patience big time then.

I think this was a trial year for a format nobody knew if it was going to work or not. But I think its safe to say that among the players the PTC is a success, and if Hearn and & wants this positive trend to continue, the fans should get to access the fruits of the PTC also. It would be stupidity and a major breach of duty not to sit down and discuss how the format could be developed further. Perhaps there are a pair of eyes reading this forum for pointers! :chin:

that is one of the most sensible posts ive seen on this subject.

your right it was a trial and there has been teething problems so which TV or online company wanted to commit to something that might not work. how could barry hearn sell this to a TV Company or online through not having a clue how it will work.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's fairly clear from all I've read on here and other sites that the fans want to see live streaming of PTC events and at the very least we need the new live scoring up and running asap.

From what i understand a new Live Scoring will be up by the shanghai masters that is starting in 11 days time so this is the Last Tournament without Live Scoring that doesn't Freeze and break down every 5 minutes.

Postby Wildey

seing as this is a tournament thread thought id give it that feel with some scores

Qualifying Results

Tomasz Skalskin 4-0 Bernd Friedrich
Phil Barnes 4-1 Dominik Scheruebl
Chris McBreen 4-0 Serge Lievens
Tonnie Kok 4-0 Thomas Schneeberger
Mirko Gross 4-0 Oliver Kremp
Wladimir Ponomarenko 4-0 Ralf Hemmerling
Helmut Miss 0-4 Xander van Rossum
Soner Sari 4-0 Markus Milde
Wolfgang Brandmeier 4-1 Stefan Schenk
Dirk Fieron 0-4 Uwe Seyler
Thomas Valentin 0-4 Jamie Walker
Lothar Kempgens 0-4 Lasse Muenstermann
Sascha Breuer 4-0 Martin Roesler
Naresh Samarawickrama 4-0 Ole Steiner
Lorin Ionut Druta 0-4 Tiziano Guerra
Roberto Abart 0-4 Sam Harvey
Robert Fess 4-3 Christian Walther
Markus Hertle w/o Tony Knowles

World Snooker Draw Sheet

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:14 out of 17 matches finished 4-0 :huh:

they aren't Pro Standard Amateurs most of them but it gave them a chance i guess.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:What happened to Knowlesy? And seriously, what is the story with all the 4-0s - does anyone know?

don't know what happened to knowles Global has had nothing about it all day and World Snooker is only posting scores.

regarding 4-0 its obvious they are poor quality players.

Postby Wildey

this is roughly whats happening tomorrow wherever theres a blank there will be a qualifier playing

Friday 27th August

9am

Jamie Jones v Jak Jones
Paul Davison v David Grace
Mark Joyce v Patrick Wallace
Michael White v
Jack Lisowski v Robbie Williams
Adrian Gunnell v
Ricky Walden v
Kuldesh Johal v Michael Wild
Liang Wenbo v Rod Lawler
Adam Wicheard v Martin O´Donnell

10.30am

Judd Trump v Michael Judge
Peter Ebdon v Jake Nicholson
Ben Woolaston v Chen Zhe
Andrew Pagett v Paul Davies
Liam Highfield v

11am

Anthony McGill v
Kurt Maflin v Kyren Wilson
Peter Lines v
Jimmy Michie v
Mike Dunn v

12pm

Jimmy White v
Dave Harold v Reanne Evans
Ian McCulloch v Craig Steadman
Jamie Cope v Ian Glover
James McBain v Luca Brecel

12.30pm

Barry Pinches v Robert Milkins
Ian Wells v Justin Astley
Igor Figureido v
Jimmy Robertson v
Micahel Wasley v

1.30pm

Alfie Burden v
Ryan Day v Joe Swail
Alan McManus v
Allan Taylor v
Martin Gould v

2pm

Mitchell Mann v
Nigel Bond v
Marcus Campbell v
Bjorn Haneveer v
Patrick Einsle v

3.30pm

Mark Davis v
Stephen Lee v
Barry Hawkins v
Dominic Dale v
Nick Jennings v Andrew Norman

4pm

Mark Williams v
Gerard Greene v
Joe Jogia v Liu Song
Stuart Bingham v
Anthony Hamilton v

5pm

Mark Selby v
Fergal O`Brien v
Matthew Stevens v
Tom Ford v Michael Holt

6.30pm

10 x Last 64

8pm

5 x Last 64

9.30pm

5 x Last 64

10.30pm

2 x Last 64

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:when is Robbo WC playing

:chin:

Saturday

9am

Matthew Couch v Ali Carter
Graeme Dott v Steve Davis
Andrew Higginson v Mark Allen
Mark King v Shaun Murphy
Joe Perry v Jamie O´Neill
Marco Fu v Zhang Anda
Matthew Selt v David Morris