Post a reply

Re: Dominic Dale retiring after this season

Postby Ash147

It's a shame, but not surprising giving his recent form. I hope he does more commentary work as he's a lot more insightful than most of the BBC guys.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Given his poor form in the past few seasons, it's not exactly a surprise.
I like his commentary, maybe we'll be lucky and he'll get a nice offer and take it up full time. :-)
I'm probably gonna rip my hair off if I hear Dennis Taylor's voice in the future. :wild:

Postby TheSaviour

Ronnie79 wrote:Dale, Ebdon, Bond , Lawler, Wattana and Jimmy should all go at this stage. Well past it

But Jimmy hardly going to retire at this stage lol. Not even J Robertson. Ruthless, rampant clearences flying in. It just me thinking should they instead get first in and making some impact. Many of them are doing that, perhaps just lacking the experience and/or proper coaching or is it just the whole personality which actually counts ? The Spaceman shouldn´t lack those things.

That´s a shame, yes. Dominic certainly knows where to position the cue ball. He just seems purely rusty at times. Or most of the time tbh.

The mystery still now remains; how does Judd Trump always gets in immeaditely. Judd would be an awfull 8-ball player as it is just a favour towards the opponent player to first to clear your own balls out of the way. it is just about trying to solve problems during the first few shots, no matter how difficult those shots would be. That´s 8-ball. Don´t be trying to clear immeaditely if there ain´t clear path.

So perhaps the Spaceman will be an 8-ball player, also.

Notice the double-standards. The Spaceman and Judd. Given Judd´s playing style during the break. Either way, it does require some brains to be an 8-ball player. Or a snooker player. It would only require to add the name Ronnie and to add some german type of a sense of a humour and there we AGAIN would be...

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What's a German style sense of humour?

Basil Fawlty style war-mentioning?

German style humour? Isn’t that an oxymoron.

Stupid post, you’re on my watch list.

You leave Ash the buck alone.

Nope.

Postby Pink Ball

Mind you, I was in Berlin last year with my little girl, and I found the Germans to be really lovely.

I was told to expect that. My mate's theory is that it's a hangover from the holocaust. Even now, when most people were not around in the Nazi era, they feel like they owe the world one. And to be fair, they are still stereotyped as cold, soulless people, when they are clearly nothing like that – so it's probably our fault they still feel like they've something to prove. We make them feel that way.

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What's a German style sense of humour?

Basil Fawlty style war-mentioning?

German style humour? Isn’t that an oxymoron.

Stupid post, you’re on my watch list.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Kent - the spiritual home of UKIP. Do you work at the UKIP shop in Ramsgate, Ash?

No.

Stop UKIP-ing up my thread, man.

Postby SteveJJ

Ronnie79 wrote:Dale, Ebdon, Bond , Lawler, Wattana and Jimmy should all go at this stage. Well past it

Ebdon has been in a final this season, hardly a sign of being past it.