Post a reply

All-time decider win percentage

Postby Holden Chinaski

I decided to look up the stats on decider win percentages on Cuetracker. It's very interesting, but you have to keep in mind some of these players have played a lot more deciders than others...

Ronnie O'Sullivan: 63.38%
Ding Junhui: 61.08%
Stephen Hendry: 60.09%
Stephen Maguire: 59.91%
Mark Selby: 59.52%
Steve Davis: 58.85%
John Higgins: 56.76%
Mark Allen: 56%
Mark Williams: 55.12%
Neil Robertson: 54.26%
Ken Doherty: 53.6%
Ali Carter: 53.36%
Shaun Murphy: 52.47%
Matthew Stevens: 51.38%
Peter Ebdon: 51.18%
Jimmy White: 50%
Judd Trump: 48.08%
Last edited by Holden Chinaski on 12 Nov 2018, edited 3 times in total.

Re: All-time decider win percentage

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:Stats are like the mini skirt. They reveal a lot but crucially they hide the vital parts.

<laugh>

That was a good line, I'll have to remember that and modify it in order to pick up women. :evilgrin: <cool>
Thanks Chalk. :spot on:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Stats are like the mini skirt. They reveal a lot but crucially they hide the vital parts.

<laugh>

That was a good line, I'll have to remember that and modify it in order to pick up women. <cool>
Thanks Chalk. :evilgrin: :spot on:

I'm not sure that's going to work...

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:

<laugh>

That was a good line, I'll have to remember that and modify it in order to pick up women. :evilgrin: <cool>

Used as a chat up line, you will grow old and lonely Mr Bravo. Very lonely indeed haha.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

<laugh>

Used as a chat up line, you will grow old and lonely Mr Bravo. Very lonely indeed haha.

I already am lonely. I devote my spare time with u guys on this forum. :chuckle:

Postby Iranu

The balls?

Postby Andy Spark

Great topic!

I've always said that the most undervalued weapon in Ronnie O'Sullivan's formidable armory of weapons is his ability to win deciders. This stat shows his devastating ability to confound the supposed "coin toss" environment of deciders and win almost two thirds of the frames when the pressure is at its greatest.

I bet money according to the rhyme...

Ronnie annoys, losing frames on the spin
But come a decider, then bet on Ronnie win.
:-D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Spark wrote:Great topic!

I've always said that the most undervalued weapon in Ronnie O'Sullivan's formidable armory of weapons is his ability to win deciders. This stat shows his devastating ability to confound the supposed "coin toss" environment of deciders and win almost two thirds of the frames when the pressure is at its greatest.

I bet money according to the rhyme...

Ronnie annoys, losing frames on the spin
But come a decider, then bet on Ronnie win.
:-D

<ok>

Postby Andy Spark

Another stat I'll flag up.. Judd Trump 48%!

Slightly disappointing.

Postby Andy Spark

Alex0paul wrote:Matthew Stevens is a bit high

I don't agree, I think 51% is about what you would expect from a very good (but not really great) player.

The players over (I'll say about) 57%, who have played many deciders in their career are the ones to really admire.

Postby Alex0paul

Yea but you can think of so many big deciders he’s lost in his career that you probably forget

Postby Andy Spark

Alex0paul wrote:Yea but you can think of so many big deciders he’s lost in his career that you probably forget

I assume you mean Stevens? I never thought he was particularly susceptible to nerves. But I never watched him that closely.
Last edited by Andy Spark on 25 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

.[This was an edit of a previous post. At least it was supposed to be. Maybe I just hit the wrong button, such things happen. However, I seem unable to delete a post, even if I could offer a reasonable explanation. I'm sorry. OK.]

Postby HappyCamper

Really you would need to compare these to their overall frame win percentage to get an ideas which players raise their game in a decider.