Post a reply

Re: Mark Williams nominated for SPOTY

Postby Ash147

I know that is the Welsh version of SPOTY, but it beggars belief how Ronnie has never been nominated for one of these things.

Postby Ash147

vodkadiet wrote:If they invented an 'inbred Chav' award, Williams would be a certainty.

If they invented a human that is closest to a farm animal award, you’d win it.

Postby Dan-cat

Ash147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If they invented an 'inbred Chav' award, Williams would be a certainty.

Hehe. He's a seething mass of contradictions is our Vodka. Orwell would be turning in his grave.

My encounter with a 'chav' at music festival Boomtown Fair a few months ago, from my blog at 199 Radio:

The demographic at this gathering is staggeringly wide - and better for it. From 16-year-old locals getting high for the first time, to international, and seasonal, festival professionals. On the Saturday morning around 8am I’m sat around a campfire in the woods with around 8 other stop-outs (where they’ve built a wooden Bali-style beach resort, complete with a shipped in beach) and a self-styled chav (I hate this word, like most labels it’s unhelpful, but the young dude in question self-deprecatingly described himself as such) remarked ‘what a diverse and multi-racial bunch we are.’ Then followed a torturous chat between him, his girlfriend and my mate, Joe (musical partner in the Psyfunkel project, actually it’s mainly him who is the multi-instrumental genius in the studio – I make grooves and tea). Joe was trying to explain who Alan Turing was and why he was so crucial to winning the second world war.

“Wasn’t it because we had better guns and tanks and rubbish?” say the Chav.

“How do you think we knew where to send the guns and tanks and rubbish?” I interject. “We cracked the Nazi’s code! We knew everything they were planning! In fact, even though we knew what they were gonna do from the minute we cracked the code, we couldn’t act on it straight away because they would have worked out we had cracked it and changed the key – so we had to knowingly send soldiers to their death for the greater good!”

I turn to the hippy couple beside me and, under my breath, remark: “proving the existence of the enigma machine and code-cracking genius, Alan Turing, is not high on my list this morning. It’s a whole to-do.’

Alan Turing is a hero of mine. He won the Second World War for us, invented the computer and – as a side-hobby – proved that mathematics made up our universe: sacred geometry. How did we thank him? Chemically castrated him for being gay. He killed himself at the age of 41, with an arsenic laced apple (or got knocked off for knowing too much? Someone, somewhere, knows the truth.)

tl;dr and off-topic! Wow. Full blog here if anyone's interested: https://199rad.io/2018/10/16/clearing-t ... -and-shit/

If Mark wins this I'll eat a chav

Postby The_Abbott

No idea who picks people for this award these days but Snooker is always overlooked. Even more so now they are inclusive of women/disability sports.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Image

heheheh love that horse! :-D

It's a zebra mate

It's two men in a costume!

Sexist

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Image

heheheh love that horse! :-D

It's a zebra mate

It's two men in a costume!

Sexist

I tell you what. If the one in front is female, I wouldn't mind being the back one.

Postby vodkadiet

Ash147 wrote:

Any farm animal is far more intelligent than garbage like you.

<ok>

Postby Ash147

vodkadiet wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Any farm animal is far more intelligent than garbage like you.

<ok>

The scary thing is, you probably believe that.