Post a reply

another newb

Postby rekoons

Long time lurker, finally registered as inspired by the recent influx of new members.
This is the place I go to for the hilarious live comments when i'm trying to follow the snooker while at work.
English ain't my native language tho.

Cheers! :wave:

Re: another newb

Postby Chalk McHugh

Welcome newbie. I think Barry Hearn deserves some credit for the new interest in this site. All this televised snooker has kept and spread the interest in snooker both near and far.

Postby rekoons

in a way you're right; because there's so much more snooker around nowadays it's sites like these who provide the live match commentary whaen at work.
livescores on the worldsnooker site are not that much fun, and finding a working livestream is tricky behind a desk at work.

Postby rekoons

what did i get myself into :chin:

Postby rekoons

been looking at the users list: there are about 975 people registered with zero posts, meaning less than half of the island population has ever posted anything <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

rekoons wrote:Long time lurker, finally registered as inspired by the recent influx of new members.
This is the place I go to for the hilarious live comments when i'm trying to follow the snooker while at work.

I've just understood your name. rofl

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
rekoons wrote:Long time lurker, finally registered as inspired by the recent influx of new members.

I've just understood your name. rofl

Snooker backwards!! Ha!

Postby rekoons

According to the membership card in my wallet I'm part of the Glorious Nation of Belgium.

The nation who's former king recently admitted he was planning to finally acknowledge he's the father of his bastard daughter, through a document which was to be made public after his death, after 20 odd years of denying any link between them... :-D

Postby eraserhead

Welcome to the forum. <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

rekoons wrote:According to the membership card in my wallet I'm part of the Glorious Nation of Belgium.

The nation who's former king recently admitted he was planning to finally acknowledge he's the father of his bastard daughter, through a document which was to be made public after his death, after 20 odd years of denying any link between them... :-D

I like Belgium.

Great food, beer and cycling.

Happy days

Postby rekoons

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I already feel at home :-)

Well, i'm off for a three day wine fair trip in France with some mates

see ya :wave:

Postby Dan-cat

rekoons wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I already feel at home :-)

Well, i'm off for a three day wine fair trip in France with some mates

see ya :wave:

That sounds fab!

Postby rekoons

Well, it's almost one year since I washed up onto the shores of The Island.

Don't remember how I got here, but I'm sure glad I did!

:ba:

Postby Pink Ball

rekoons wrote:Well, it's almost one year since I washed up onto the shores of The Island.

I’ve been here four years and still have fewer friends than Tom Hanks had on his island

Postby chengdufan

I enjoy reading your posts rekoons. Thanks!

Postby chengdufan

Pink Ball wrote:
rekoons wrote:Well, it's almost one year since I washed up onto the shores of The Island.

I’ve been here four years and still have fewer friends than Tom Hanks had on his island

You're friends with Kyren and Gary?

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:

You have our love and respect. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Sory but cant help it...

Every time a new member joins cant help but think it's Ace or Ash with another acount lol... guess it's the effect they had on us.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Sory but cant help it...

Every time a new member joins cant help but think it's Ace or Ash with another acount lol... guess it's the effect they had on us.

To be fair, this is a year old thread.

If rekoons was Ash or Ace, that's quite the long play.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Took me weeks to work out your name. Duh.

Naf Rekoons.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Sory but cant help it...

I miss Ash. :-(