Re: Tickets now on sale to the UK Championship

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:i'd love to go

I feel there is a but coming...

i'll let you know

I didn't mean you had to go with me. <laugh>

Anyway, I am waiting to see the draw, before deciding on anything first.

Postby SnookerFan

They seem to have a weird system now, whereby you order tickets, and they give you a named seat, but you don't have to stay in the seat you are given, you can move around and go to any match that you want.

Surely this will cause confusion?

Postby Wildey

if everyone knows the score there shouldnt be a problem.

obviously you go to your alocated seat if theres free seats in a better position or another match you can move it does not mean you can kick a old lady from her seat lol

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:if everyone knows the score there shouldnt be a problem.

obviously you go to your alocated seat if theres free seats in a better position or another match you can move it does not mean you can kick a old lady from her seat lol

I usually order them over the phone, to be honest. I only noticed because some bloke on the World Snooker page on Facebook was having kittens because he was being allocated seats. And I looked on See Tickets, and they were located seats. So I rang the TIC to confirm. It was at work, so I rang first thing at 8:30am. The woman said tickets did come with a seat number, but up to the quarter finals you could walk around.

I imagine though there'll be some div who is sitting in his seat allocated, and nowhere else, and kicks up a fuss if he finds you in his seat. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:only if seifer going <laugh>

That'd be the funniest thing ever. Seifer doesn't realise tickets are numbered, so orders a ticket on a day Ronnie O'Sullivan is playing. Ends up with tickets allocated for Graeme Dott vs Barry Hawkins. <laugh>

Imagine Hazel Irvine. "There's some crazed fan going nuts, trying to invade the table on the other side."
Last edited by SnookerFan on 26 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

I've bitten the bullet, and order tickets to the first Saturday, Sunday and the Monday afternoon, so got tickets to the first rounds. The woman at the box office confirmed that tickets are numbered but only so they can easily keep track of how many seats have been sold. Up to the quarter-fnials, you are allowed to sit wherever you like. Hopefully this doesn't lead to too much confusion, as we are yet to announce who the matches are. I can imagine there being chaos, especially considering that last year one of the first round matches was Stephen Hendry vs Steve Davis, and everybody wanted that match. Almost the entire crowd squeezed into that match.

Knowing my luck, there'll be a match like that, and I'll be on the other side of the arena. <laugh>

Postby Tubberlad

It's a pity this tournament has been mismanaged, because for me it's magic. But the crowds and atmosphere at the venue are traditionally disappointing. Would love nothing more than a 31 frame final showdown for the UK.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:It's a pity this tournament has been mismanaged, because for me it's magic. But the crowds and atmosphere at the venue are traditionally disappointing. Would love nothing more than a 31 frame final showdown for the UK.

it definitely needs a Re Think.

how about if BBC Not renewing the contract of a 4th event why not re vamp this to a 2 week event

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:It's a pity this tournament has been mismanaged, because for me it's magic. But the crowds and atmosphere at the venue are traditionally disappointing. Would love nothing more than a 31 frame final showdown for the UK.

how about if BBC Not renewing the contract of a 4th event why not re vamp this to a 2 week event

certainly it lost something when it was shortened................ it seems the BBC are losing interest in snooker :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

certainly it lost something when it was shortened................ it seems the BBC are losing interest in snooker :chin:

Yes, and that's sad. I think their coverage, especially with the red button is pretty top-notch. I can't see ITV being the same. And not everybody has or can afford Sky.

The one gripe with the BBC is that it cuts-off half the matches at the UK. I wish they would make it two weeks, but they won't. If that was going to happen, it would've happened by now, I reckon.

Postby The Cueist

Telford is the wrong venue :mood:

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hope Hearn can get this sorted for 2011,It is probably a contractual thing this year,I only summise this.

For money making purposes this event is a fecking dead loss and is meant to be the snooker worlds 2nd most prestigious event ,I mean,What the hell happened tp Preston?

It always seemed to work well there.

Let alone two weeks of UK,They need to get the venue and a decent location as soon as. :mood:

Postby Smart

Cueist <cool>

I would like it to be in Reading (along the lovely M4 highway) so that I could commute to/from or possibly get a hotel and meet up with your goodself and drink lots of Grolsch and play pool and possibly visit a Chinese eat all you can restaurant which we all enjoy and also possibly we could get high on weed as well ...................................... :wave:

Postby The Cueist

StalinESQ wrote:Cueist <cool>

I would like it to be in Reading (along the lovely M4 highway) so that I could commute to/from or possibly get a hotel and meet up with your goodself and drink lots of Grolsch and play pool and possibly visit a Chinese eat all you can restaurant which we all enjoy and also possibly we could get high on weed as well ...................................... :wave:

StalinESQ :D <cool>

Yes Reading would be very convivial with its lovely(Only when it is sunny <laugh> ) M4 highway that is intrinsically linked to the even more loveley and dare i say it ,Stunning M25 super ring road highway ,Which happens to be a mere 25 miles from my abode. <ok>

Yep crackingly advantageous to both from this position. <laugh>

I was thinking a stay at the Premier Inn(If its good enough for Lenny Henry,Then it is good enough for me <ok> )

Incidentally wouldnt you have thought they would have used for thier adverts ,Golden or Orange (Depending on your level of colour blindness) David Dickinson and used his catchphrase "Cheap as chips" <laugh>

And then thrown in some free tanning sessions ,You know a "Catch some Rays and keep up with Dave " if you spend 3 nights are moe there. <laugh>

Grolsch yes. :afro:

Weed no,I prefer LSD. <ok>

I always take it when i watch Peter Ebdon or Adrian Gunnel play so i can say that i have found the match they have been involved in entertaining. rofl

As for Chinese maybe but if i am near the M4 services,Which incidentally are loveley and have the reputation of never being able to get rid of the late Egon Ronay restaraunt critic as the food was so nice at "Welcome Break".

I always plump for that "McDonalds" myself as the beef in thier burgers is 100%,I like 4 of these for dinner without the chips as they are fattening,And 4 Strawberry milkshakes.Fact.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl

And Reading services has the best McDonalds Franchise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <ok>

But i can always squeeze in a chinese buffet for supper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <ok>

Reading it is. :excited: :excited: :excited:

:excited:

Do you hear us Mr Hearn. <ok> <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:Cueist <cool>

Therein lies the problem with Telford. There's nothing in it. Not necessarily a problem, you might think, if you're only there to watch the snooker (which I am.) But it's nice to have the choice of nipping out after the matches and having somewhere nice to go for dinner. As oppose to Telford, where you can pop out and examine a couple of interesting local trees.

This year I've gone for a hotel right next door to the venue. I tried the local Premier Inn once, which is convenient if you are coming in on the train. (Which I wasn't that year.) It was a pretty mediocre hotel. The hotel bar was the Harvester next door, which made you feel more aware that you were sat alone in, then you would be in a hotel bar. The next year, I stayed in a different hotel, which the TIC told me was 5 minutes up the road, so thusly was a bit cheaper to the ones right on top of the TIC. It was only a 5 minute walk though, if you were prepared to pegging across an M-Road. Otherwise you had to walk up to the bridge, walk past the hotel I'd stayed in the previous year anyway. So technically less convenient then the year before. <doh> <laugh> It was a lovely hotel though.

Hopefully at least with a hotel next door to the venue, even if I have to jump in a cab from the station, I should be able to go back intween. Instead of living your whole life in the TIC.

Postby Smart

Cuesit :D :ahh: <cool>

Yep Reading is very agreeable for so many reasons (especially the lovely M4 highway, probably my favourite highway of them all).

If we meet in Reading I will bring some mega-fat Cuban cigars - they are really long and you may need to bring a camera tri-pod to rest it on whilst puffing...................they are really big. <ok>

The thing about Lenny Henry is that I reckon he has overdone the sun-beds himself as he is a big fan of David Dickinson ...........he wanted to look the same but took it too far. He now sports the charcoaled look. <laugh>

At Premier Inn do they let you smoke cigars and ganja in the bar area............................. perhaps you could enquire and get back to me MrCuesit. <ok>

Also do they have Grolsch on tap.

:ahh: <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:Cuesit :D :ahh: <cool>

Yep Reading is very agreeable for so many reasons (especially the lovely M4 highway, probably my favourite highway of them all).

If we meet in Reading I will bring some mega-fat Cuban cigars - they are really long and you may need to bring a camera tri-pod to rest it on whilst puffing...................they are really big. <ok>

The thing about Lenny Henry is that I reckon he has overdone the sun-beds himself as he is a big fan of David Dickinson ...........he wanted to look the same but took it too far. He now sports the charcoaled look. <laugh>

At Premier Inn do they let you smoke cigars and ganja in the bar area............................. perhaps you could enquire and get back to me MrCuesit. <ok>

The Premier Inn in Sheffield is pretty good actually, and has a wicked breakfast buffet. :D

The one in Telford is pretty shoddy.

Postby The Cueist

StalinESQ wrote:Cuesit :D :ahh: <cool>

:D MrStalinESQ,I coundn't be persuaded more as i do love a Cuban,And as it happens i am a keen Astronomer ;) And i have a few Telescope Tripods,Sorted!!!!!!!!!!!! <laugh> :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

I will bring a Blow Torch so we can light them up <ok>

I did enquire at the aforementioned hostelry about smoking in the foyer but it is strictly prohibited,You cant have it all can you!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

BTW,The good news is that they have Grolsch on tap and the porter is a Weed dealer,But me want Sensei and me get my own,You get me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <ok> :afro:

I will bring some LSD to keep the view of Telford interesting if it is still at that venue.Takes a lot of imagination trying to make an olden day version of Central Milton Keynes interesting when you are straight. ;)

For reading i would only need a crack pipe. <ok> :excited: :excited:

My campaign to Mr Hearn for "UK at Reading as Telford is Dreary" begins here,Who would like to join us in our campaign?

Please let myself and MrStalinESQ know your feelings on this urgent matter and please indicate wether you support our campaign. <ok>

As the more people who get behind us the better. <ok>

Thing is with Lenny,He had to use a Sunbed to get some sun as Dawns great big girth was blocking all the sun out,Even in the conservatory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <laugh> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Allegedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Postby SnookerFan

Got my tickets today, and despite what they said on the phone, they appear to have no numbered seats on them.

I got all day the first Saturday, all day the first Sunday and the afternoon session on Monday. Meaning I am going to have sit anywhere I like tickets to the entire first rounds. :D