Post a reply

Will there be more ranking events in the coming years?

Postby Godot

Do you think there will be more ranking events added in the foreseeable future or do you think World Snooker is happy with the current amount?

I'd like to see another in Ireland (Republic). Surely there's a need for another ranking event to replace the Shanghai Masters which by turning invitational has left loads of players lower down the food chain out of pocket?

Come on Barry, make it happen :ok:

Re: Will there be more ranking events in the coming years?

Postby Snooker89

Barry Hearn stated at the World Championship that there would be more ranking events with the Middle east a possibility. I think there is room in the calendar next year if they scrap events like Gibraltar etc. I would also like to see the Irish Masters return to Goffs but i assume the sticking point is getting RTE on board and a sponsor.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker89 wrote:Barry Hearn stated at the World Championship that there would be more ranking events with the Middle east a possibility. I think there is room in the calendar next year if they scrap events like Gibraltar etc. I would also like to see the Irish Masters return to Goffs but i assume the sticking point is getting RTE on board and a sponsor.

There'd be plenty of space in the calendar if they scrapped the Championship League.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker89 wrote:Barry Hearn stated at the World Championship that there would be more ranking events with the Middle east a possibility. I think there is room in the calendar next year if they scrap events like Gibraltar etc. I would also like to see the Irish Masters return to Goffs but i assume the sticking point is getting RTE on board and a sponsor.

There'd be plenty of space in the calendar if they scrapped the Championship League.

They won't.

Postby Ronnie79

Cloud Strife wrote:

Plenty of room in the calendar without scrapping the CL.There was no snooks from May until July remember. No need for two months off like that