Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 2 !!

Postby Iranu

Robbo-Allen rematch Thursday evening, with Robbo winning it. That's my prediction.

(So you can all look forward to a Selby-Hawkins 'group final')

Postby TheSaviour

John Higgins is a wise man I need to admit I own him a bit from a few great ideas.. I am glad they at least now comprehend it is a life-long project, trying to make some profit out of it.. So what are the figures now ? One will be there for sure.

At least I have ordered it now to them.

Life is a game, and winners of that game are always those who are having the tattoos. Basic wisdom.

Postby SnookerFan

Out of the people involved, I think I prefer Robbo and Hawkins.

Actually, I don't dislike Selby as a guy. I just want Robertson to win this one.

I wouldn't object to Robbo vs Allen either, just for rematch purposes.

Hope that clears up who I want to win. rofl
Last edited by SnookerFan on 19 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Why are they calling these groups and not sections? In groups everyone plays everyone else.

They are a group of players.

Yes, but then so is the whole tournament. It's a group of 16 players.

Postby Iranu

Hearn's a great talker. He's an bottom but a great talker.

But I wish when he did these interviews pundits would actually question what he says rather than just lapping at his toes.

He says he wants a tour that benefits the young players and allows for fairytale media stories as those youngsters achieve their dreams. Great, I think we all agree on that. But when half of last season's tournaments were won by over-40s I think it's clear that's not what's happening. If he wants a varied tour as he says, surely having more tiered events fits into that?

We know Hendry disagrees with the flat 128 so the fact he didn't question it is quite annoying considering how outspoken he generally is.

Hearn's also a master at dodging issues with his slick non-response to the venue "controversy".

Postby SteveJJ

Iranu wrote:Hearn's a great talker. He's an bottom but a great talker.

But I wish when he did these interviews pundits would actually question what he says rather than just lapping at his toes.

He says he wants a tour that benefits the young players and allows for fairytale media stories as those youngsters achieve their dreams. Great, I think we all agree on that. But when half of last season's tournaments were won by over-40s I think it's clear that's not what's happening. If he wants a varied tour as he says, surely having more tiered events fits into that?

We know Hendry disagrees with the flat 128 so the fact he didn't question it is quite annoying considering how outspoken he generally is.

Hearn's also a master at dodging issues with his slick non-response to the venue "controversy".

Are tiered events more of a guarantee of success for younger players than the flat draws or would the cream rise to the top anyway?

Are there the players around now of the calibre of the class of 92 that are being stymied by the flat draws or is the quality not there in depth?

I'd only make the change back to tiers if there was evidence over a period that flat draws were demonstrably unfair on a large portion of the pros on tour. Not sure we are at that point.

Postby Cloud Strife

The whole reason Hearn does these sorts of interviews and appearances in the first place is because he knows no one will question what he says, imo.

If pundits and interviewers actually pulled Hearn up and made him have to explain the stuff he comes out with, I suspect we'd see him far less than we do. I wouldn't be surprised if it's arranged beforehand that for him to grant them an interview they have to agree to not give him a hard time.

Postby Cloud Strife

SteveJJ wrote:

Are tiered events more of a guarantee of success for younger players than the flat draws or would the cream rise to the top anyway?

Are there the players around now of the calibre of the class of 92 that are being stymied by the flat draws or is the quality not there in depth?

I'd only make the change back to tiers if there was evidence over a period that flat draws were demonstrably unfair on a large portion of the pros on tour. Not sure we are at that point.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Make it an even mix of both. Job done.

Postby Iranu

SteveJJ wrote:

Getting flattened in the first round by top players 99% of the time is surely countrrproductive to any young player's development.

Qualification would allow them to regular regular matches and wins under their belt against pro players, building their confidence, match sharpness and nouse.

As Cloud says, I'm not suggesting they're all tiered, just more than the WC alone.

The UK at least should be tiered in my opinion.

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:Getting flattened in the first round by top players 99% of the time is surely countrrproductive to any young player's development.

Qualification would allow them to regular regular matches and wins under their belt against pro players, building their confidence, match sharpness and nouse.

As Cloud says, I'm not suggesting they're all tiered, just more than the WC alone.

The UK at least should be tiered in my opinion.

Was going to make this point as well. Scott Donaldson beat Selby that time, Ding got beat by James Cahill. A lot off the time it comes down to the lower ranked player catching them on a bad day when they win.

Postby Iranu

Maximum from Selby!

That was pretty much a perfect break as well. Never out of position once he'd got the long red after the split out of the way.

:hatoff:

Postby eraserhead

Well done Selby :hatoff:

It’s not the most important thing but hopefully the 147th gets made in a proper tournament and not the championship league.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Well done Selby :hatoff:

It’s not the most important thing but hopefully the 147th gets made in a proper tournament and not the championship league.

Imagine Ronnie doing it... would be fitting wouldn't it..