Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Final !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Maybe we should just agree to diaagree on the Higgins vs Selby final. :roll:

Yea i will do that however i still cant see the logic in it so if anyone can atempt to give a proper reason why a final that was not close in the slightess was better than a match where 1 frame difference for all 19 frames i am willing to listen then maybe laugh my head off at what some might come up with.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Maybe we should just agree to diaagree on the Higgins vs Selby final. :roll:

Yea i will do that however i still cant see the logic in it so if anyone can atempt to give a proper reason why a final that was not close in the slightess was better than a match where 1 frame difference for all 19 frames i am willing to listen then maybe laugh my head off at what some might come up with.

+1.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't like one sided finals. The standard is not so important for me as a good nail biter that goes the distance.

No brainer. All day long. +1

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

It does not have to be close final for me to be a good one. I enjoyed this one given how well Allen played.

I didnt enjoy that Higgins v Selby one because the standard was awful most of it. I fully enjoy great tactical battles, but even the safety for two of the greatest tactical players ever was just rubbish at times.

Yes we can all agree to disagree on that particular final.

The one I watched today was far from classic, but nevertheless a good one. I remember Ding v Fu once here at the IC... it was 10-9 to Ding and one of the best finals i China I have seen... big breaks and lots of great safety. This for me is the perfect example of a good close final.

Postby Wildey

On that we can agree Ding v Fu 2013 International Championship final was a great Match.

Ill be honest i did not enjoy this tournament at all just too many centuries it took away the shine of the event ad definitly World Snooker needs to look in to this 107 centuries was about 30 more than the average for this type of event that can not be the standards improving.

Earlier this week someone mentioned to me the contreversary in Darts where Since Barry Hearn took over the Trebles have been made bigger in PDC Events and thus the averages have gone up i fear the same thing is happening in Snooker

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:On that we can agree Ding v Fu 2013 International Championship final was a great Match.

Ill be honest i did not enjoy this tournament at all just too many centuries it took away the shine of the event ad definitly World Snooker needs to look in to this 107 centuries was about 30 more than the average for this type of event that can not be the standards improving.

Earlier this week someone mentioned to me the contreversary in Darts where Since Barry Hearn took over the Trebles have been made bigger in PDC Events and thus the averages have gone up i fear the same thing is happening in Snooker

China events used to have the tighter pockets, but as we have seen this week even they cant resits to World Snooker wanting to crank the centuries up... if that's true, then I do agree that it makes look like making a century break is easy... it certainly isnt.

Postby carayip

Alex0paul wrote:
carayip wrote:Mark Allen wins more as he gets fatter.

Who cares

Actually it’s a good topic. Some people said being fat affects performance in snooker but it doesn’t seem to bother Mark Allen.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:On that we can agree Ding v Fu 2013 International Championship final was a great Match.

China events used to have the tighter pockets, but as we have seen this week even they cant resits to World Snooker wanting to crank the centuries up... if that's true, then I do agree that it makes look like making a century break is easy... it certainly isnt.

Ive never been a fan of Cash for centuries thing.

This Week Allen made 14 centuries yes hes a good Breakbuilder but thats more than Ronnie, Higgins, Ding or Hendry has done in these events and with respect hes nowhere as good as they are or were Even Matthew Stevens made 3 in one Match.

If thinner cloths make Balls slide in easier then they need to change the template and if World Snooker or Barry Hearn cares for credability of the sport something needs doing because im gettig really bored of so many centuries

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:
carayip wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Who cares

Actually it’s a good topic.

It really isn't.

Offended?

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
carayip wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

Who cares

Actually it’s a good topic.

It really isn't.

Offended?

Bored.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey,i fully agree that it,s a farce that there were so many centurys in this tourney,there was definatley something that made it easier to make more BIG breaks/centurys.

As you wrote,"If thinner cloths make Balls slide in easier then they need to change the template and if World Snooker or Barry Hearn cares for credability of the sport something needs doing because im gettig really bored of so many centuries".

I still give credit to Allen in managing to make 14,he still of course had to pot the balls and he made way more than the rest of the crop,although one could maybe argue,if others players had gotten as far as the final,then they would also have made more BIG breaks and bumped up there century tally,but as you wrote,or the point you were gettin at/making,if thinner cloths are making it easier to make centurys,then Hearn should get that sorted out!.

Also!,.....

,....Check this vid out,when i also read what you wrote bout the darts,it rang a bell,i,ve managed to fish out what good old John Lowe has to say about it,"i think the trebles are BIGGER",he said.

https://youtu.be/ykWwZmuB73U

Enjoy. :-)

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I see. 40 seconds AST lol.

Glad Ebdon did beat him.

wrong thread!

Yes mate. Walkers slow play even broke my concentration.

rofl pmsl

Postby LC

More centuries or higher averages in darts = more entertaining, the casual fan tuning in more often, this is how hearns mind works, and he’s probably right but for the diehard fans it’s a sickener

Postby SnookerFan

LC wrote:More centuries or higher averages in darts = more entertaining, the casual fan tuning in more often, this is how hearns mind works, and he’s probably right but for the diehard fans it’s a sickener

Thanks for that.