Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Sunday 28th of October ~ Sunday 4th of November at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

It's Mark Allen, who clearly likes this tournament, into his 3rd Final here, having lost to Ricky Walden and Mark Selby, Allen himself who's made an impressive 10 centuries during the whole tournament, up against Neil Robertson, who reaches his first big ranking event final since the UK Championships in 2015 which he won.

Will Allen manage to win the title and his 4th ranking event or will Robertson overcome him and join Selby on 15 ranking event titles? All to play for over 2 sessions Best of 19 frames.

FINAL

Neil Robertson v Mark Allen

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Robertson leads 14-8
Main Tournaments Robertson leads 8-3
Multi Session Matches Robertson leads 2-0
Finals Robertson leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Final !!!

Postby Andre147

Can't sort it out the links using my phone, when I get home in the evening the links will be displayed properly.

But there it is the Final thread.

Postby TheRocket

Tough match to predict. If you look at their semifinals both won it in a very similar fashion. Their opponents got in first in almost every frame but couldn't kill it off. And then obviously got punished heavily.

What speaks against Allen is that his record against topclass opposition in finals is quite poor. It'd be quite a milestone for him if he wins a big major like this beating someone like Robertson in the final.

Postby Andre147

I think this Final will be different to their CoC one in 2015 which Robbo won 10-5.

It's not just Allen playing better, he's been clinical and making important clearances. So is Robbo for that matter, so it sets up a very interesting Final. Hope Allen wins, needs more of these big titles to establish himself as a real contender for them.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Beat that insufferable didgeridoo, Allen. Irish grit beats an Aussie twit all day long and twice on Sundays.

You find Robertson to be more insufferable than Allen?

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Beat that insufferable didgeridoo, Allen. Irish grit beats an Aussie twit all day long and twice on Sundays.

You find Robertson to be more insufferable than Allen?

I do. Least favourite player for a long time now i must say. I don't like watching him play. He's quite unlikeable imo. So although not an Allen fan either it's a no brainer for me on this one. Allen all day long. You gotta pick one side in a final. Anyway not watching, i'm on the ranks nice n early. I'll catch up via Islander updates.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Maybe I should've watched this. Could've taped the second session for later, knowing it'll probably be over soon.

There won’t be much of a second session