Post a reply

Peoples thoughts on the premier league...

Postby randam05

I am a fan of the premier league its good snooker week in week out because weeks on end without a tournament fustrates me and i am desperate to watch some snooker so its good and the tournaments very fun to watch. Would just like to know other peoples thoughts on it and experiences?

Re: Peoples thoughts on the premier league...

Postby Wildey

i think the shot clock has lost it novelty value and is no longer relevant in snooker. but i prefer watching that on Thursday night than nothing and its a nice weekly fix.

Postby Bourne

It's panto, not a serious snooker tournament but still good fun. I'll always watch Eastenders for the first half-hour though for as long as it's played on Thursday evenings.

Postby Rocket_ron

i havent got sky sports so cant watch it. However im very pro premier league. i love league tables and getting into the spirit.

I€ think its great that they play an even amount of frames which can often result in draws which all add to the tension and excitement <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:It's panto, not a serious snooker tournament but still good fun. I'll always watch Eastenders for the first half-hour though for as long as it's played on Thursday evenings.

ill always put needles in my eyes before watching suicide square :redneck:

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:It's panto, not a serious snooker tournament but still good fun. I'll always watch Eastenders for the first half-hour though for as long as it's played on Thursday evenings.

ill always put needles in my eyes before watching suicide square :redneck:

OK and what about Eastenders ?

Postby Roland

I was amazed when Fu got the call up last year and to be honest hardly tuned in at all. My speculative opinion is that they make the pockets more friendly than in rankers to make more of a spectacle for the viewers. But the coming season has the best line up they've ever had so I will be tuning in when I can. I won't be sky+ing it though if I'm out unless it's Selby v Ronnie or Robbo.

Postby Monique

For me it's a very good event. The shot-clock was introduced in an attempt to control the time frame in order to comply with broadcasting schedules and not for any other reasons. I don't think 25 seconds is overly fast, most players play comfortably below that average and there are the time-outs to deal with special needs. The price money is good, it's an elite field, good venues, full houses, very relaxed atmosphere backstage (everything is made so that players feel happy and comfy).
Make no mistake the top players like it and value it.
And it provides a regular snooker fix to addicts like me ;)

Postby Smart

It is not snooker as snooker was meant to be, so its a question of "I'll watch it if I can be fussed, if not no bother". I hate to see a rushed negative safety because time restraints makes that the only shot candidate. The line-up chosen by Hearn has been questionable for some time now. Protecting players has actually been a turn off.

Again, for me, EastEnders then snooker if I can be fussed and if the line-up is appetising enough. <ok>