Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Heldover and Last 64 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 28th of October ~ Sunday 4th of November at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

John Higgins and Shaun Murphy have already gone. John Higgins was Champion in 2015 he lost to veteran Peter Lines 6-3 and Shaun Murphy was whitewashed 6-0 by Sam Baird.

Ronnie O'Sullivan as always sitting out the tournaments as is the norm these days.

But the field is still full of quality as Mark Selby defends his title with main oposition coming in the form of Neil Robertson, Kyren Wilson, Barry Hawkins, Stuart Bingham, Judd Trump, Stephen Maguire, Ding Junhui and World Champion Mark J Williams.

Who will reach the last 32?

DRAW

Selected last 64 Matches
Mark Davis v Joe Perry
Matthew Selt v Neil Robertson
Yuan Sijun v Kyren Wilson
Barry Hawkins v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Jack Lisowski v Chris Wakelin
Jimmy White v Yan Bingtao
Alan McManus v Judd Trump
Tom Ford v Jimmy Robertson
Stuart Bingham v Eden Sharav
Zhao Xintong v James Wattana
Graeme Dott v Hossein Vafaei
Kurt Maflin v Allister Carter

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Heldover and Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

ROS seemed to play in everything last season, including China events, but now he's playing in a handful of them.

But he said he'll see if it works out.

Something tells me he'll have to play a lot more next season, cause all of his 5 ranking event title points will come off. If he doesnt, he'll fall down the rankings and outside Top 16. He wants to safeguard his Top 16 place I think.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:ROS seemed to play in everything last season, including China events, but now he's playing in a handful of them.

But he said he'll see if it works out.

Something tells me he'll have to play a lot more next season, cause all of his 5 ranking event title points will come off. If he doesnt, he'll fall down the rankings and outside Top 16. He wants to safeguard his Top 16 place I think.

Thats how its going to be with Ronnie from now on.

Ronnie says he doesent Worry about rankings but the truth is he does. Basicly the higher up he can get the less he Will play.

Under the point system he would have had to play More to sustein his ranking Now though he could actually miss this whole Season and stay in the top 8.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Of course he worries about rankings. Rankings mean money and that is what he cares about.

Not only him but every other player.

They might not say it but money means a great deal to them too.

And ROS is no exception. He doesnt want to go to qualifiers. The day he does it thats when he'll consider to quit for good.