Post a reply

D88.com European Masters Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 1st ~ Sunday 7th of October at the Sportdienst, De Soeverein Lommel, Belgium

It's Semi-Finals time, and 3 of those are players who have benefited from the Hearn regime with increased number of tournaments, and therefore had a second career so to speak, and all 3 won a ranking event in their 40s.

Only Jimmy Robertson is the odd man out, having never won a ranking event and the youngest of the four.

One of these veterans will reach the Final, but will Jimmy stop the other? All to play for in a place for the Final.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88.com European Masters Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby TheSaviour

At least there hasn´t been any sneak attacks going on anymore. That´s just truly pathetic when there are, and you know that too. So let´s take that as a positive thing now. But don´t be jumping into the further conclusions. King´s just naturally talented, as well as Hamilton and Ebdon.

Let´s just hope there still will be those truly pathetic blue jackets now when I don´t have a one. Wouldn´t count on it. But that would sort it all out. To decide to not to imitate anymore. They just look truly sad, pathetic and brainless when they are doing that.

But still, not necessarily that much out of the truth, is it.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 06 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
carayip wrote:Mark King to win imo. Just watched his match. He’s cueing really well. I am surprised that he’s actually a quite fluent player and is not slow at all.

I agree - I though Mark King played very fluently.

I would be happy for any of them to win it but I hope that Jimmy can seize the day!

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
sas6789 wrote:When was the last time there were three player over 40 in the semis?

Like a week ago

false. Higgins was the only 40plus player in the China Open semis

It was a joke

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Alex0paul wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
sas6789 wrote:When was the last time there were three player over 40 in the semis?

Like a week ago

false. Higgins was the only 40plus player in the China Open semis

It was a joke

false.

joke
NOUN
"A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline"

Postby Iranu

Nervy start so far.

Hamilton's already feathered the white. Better now than when he's in the middle of a break to get to the final, like in the NI open two years ago.

Postby Iranu

carayip wrote:I am watching. What Hamilton wears is not really a bow tie, isn’t it? He looks quite scruffy lol.

I believe it's called a crossover bow tie. A few players wear them including Judd Trump and Luca Brecel.

Postby carayip

Iranu wrote:I believe it's called a crossover bow tie. A few players wear them including Judd Trump and Luca Brecel.

The old man is trendy too like those young players, isn’t he?

Also, the crowd looks quite good despite this lineup. It’s much more crowded than a Selby-Higgins final in China lol. Are ticket prices much lower in Europe than in China? Or people in Belgium just like their live snooker more than those in China?

Postby kolompar

We had a few close calls but I couldn't find anything recent actually. 1985 Welsh Professional Championship for a pro tournament, 1983 Masters for a serious one and the 1978 Worlds is the only time it happened in a ranker if I'm right.

Postby carayip

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Great player but I agree that he tends to split the reds quite slowly in general.

He has the same problem spitting reds as MJW. I think a past shoulder injury or something like that caused them lose a lot of cue power. Also I read somewhere that Joe doesn’t do screw back well.
Last edited by carayip on 06 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.