Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Mark King playing like a future WC.

he hasnt been troubled once this tournament.

his tournament to lose. Bar something extraordinary King will lift the trophy on sunday.

<ok>

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Did Ryan Day marry his mum's sister or his dad's sister?

Not judging!

I'm pretty sure they're not blood related.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

A journeyman is a noble and respected demarcation in Europe denoting one who is taking the correct steps to learn his trade to the highest level. Only in Britain is it a derogatory term.

All of these players in the semis are to be respected for making it to become professionals and reaching this stage. They have all earned the right to be there.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Badsnookerplayer wrote:A journeyman is a noble and respected demarcation in Europe denoting one who is taking the correct steps to learn his trade to the highest level. Only in Britain is it a derogatory term.

All of these players in the semis are to be respected for making it to become professionals and reaching this stage. They have all earned the right to be there.

journeymen=past their best

Postby Badsnookerplayer

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:A journeyman is a noble and respected demarcation in Europe denoting one who is taking the correct steps to learn his trade to the highest level. Only in Britain is it a derogatory term.

So Jimmy is past his best despite never having reached a semi before.
Could you explain that to me???

Postby TheRocket

Not always easy to define what a journeyman is. If you want to be harsh you could stretch that term.

Dominic Dale for instance is a pro since 1992 and he's won two ranking titles. But for the most part of his career he's lost in the qualification-,1st and 2nd rounds and never become a Top16 player. So is he a journeyman or had the career of a journeyman? Some would say yes (me included), some no.

So all we can say is that there are the very obvious journeymen like all those who are for real just not good enough and never even came close to win a title in their career. We speak about players who stay at the bottom of the rankings for ever. Those are undoubtely journeymen.

But apart from that its pretty much a matter of definition and probably a personal opinion thing.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Rubbish VD. Have you watched any of the matches?

No, I haven't BadSnookerPlayer.

These best of 7 events are a lottery.

These guys are journeymen. They are cashing in no doubt but it is a weak title to win.

Postby Wildey

Going back to the 80s you had Silvino Francisco winning a ranking event then in the 90s you had Tony Jones winning a Ranking tournament late 90s Brian Morgan came so close to beating Ronnie in a ranking final and early 2000s David Gray winning.

You will always have players coming from nowhere to win tournaments it has nothing to do with formats as Vodka says its just life these days there so many events you bound to get it more frequant.

Selby has won more PTC Events than any other player they were best of 7s.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

as i said above. anthony, king and joe are journeymen. jimmy yet to reach his full potential.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

as i said above. anthony, king and joe are journeymen. jimmy yet to reach his full potential.

fair enough - I should have read more carefully.

Postby kolompar

Wildey wrote:Going back to the 80s you had Silvino Francisco winning a ranking event then in the 90s you had Tony Jones winning a Ranking tournament late 90s Brian Morgan came so close to beating Ronnie in a ranking final and early 2000s David Gray winning.

You will always have players coming from nowhere to win tournaments it has nothing to do with formats as Vodka says its just life these days there so many events you bound to get it more frequant.

Selby has won more PTC Events than any other player they were best of 7s.

Francisco and Gray were proper top players.

Tony Jones might be similar, he actually won the European Open. But we got 4 Tony Joneses here, 3 of them long past their best.