Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

LC wrote:Yeah this is the grandad open, it’s like mid 2000s time warp, where is the new generation? Lisowski could take the game by the scruff of the neck and become a star! Ronnie and John Higgins will be turning up on there mobility scooters when there 80 and still winning at this rate

Yeah, and the thing is alot of these guys weren't even that good back in the 2000s. It's only now they seem to be hitting their "peak" in their mid 40s.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:This ref reminds me Tony Hale aka Gary from Veep.

What the hell is Veep?

Buster from Arrested Development?

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:This ref reminds me Tony Hale aka Gary from Veep.

What the hell is Veep?

Buster from Arrested Development?

Him too, but I used Veep because I like it, whereas I hated Arrested Development.

Veep is a series by Armando Ianucci, creator of The Thick of It. It follows the Vice Present (i.e VP i.e Veep) of America. It's hilarious.

Postby kolompar

Johnny Bravo wrote:Allen's struggling. Jimmy in with a chance the kill the match of.

From what I've seen, although Allen has the game and mental toughness to beat any top player, and he's usually up for the fight against them, he struggles too often against lower ranked players.
Maybe he's not motivated enough against them. Who knows. Anyway, the point is he's wasting golden chances to get his hand on more trophies. :?

It's like they are trying to underperform each other with Trump and Ding. They should be dominating snooker but they haven't won a ranker for a year now.

Postby kolompar

LC wrote:Robertson’s bottom must be twitching like dings eye

<laugh>
He's through to his first ranking semi in his career after playing his second quarter. He has basically the same record Bob Chaperon had when he won the British Open.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:Who will win The Crucible first. Judd or Ding?

Or neither?

Ding might win it eventually. Trump is a better long potter but Ding has the superior all round game and a much better cueing technique that doesn't fail him. Plus he's done pretty good at the WC in the last couple of years.
Unfortunately for Trump, he seems to be heading down the path of Jimmy White. Hell, he even got bald like Jimmy. :chuckle: Fortunately for him, there's hair transplant nowadays :evilgrin: <laugh>
On a more serious note, Trump needs to start from scratch/zero with his cueing technique. He needs a proper coach like Barry Stark. If he fixes that and starts putting in serious practice hours, he'll definitely win it.

Postby LC

Mark kings a strange one, I wanted him to win that first ranker and was taken by how much it meant to him and his family, but There is something about him that I can’t fully take to him

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Oh Jimmy Jimmy!!

What a victory for Robbo. He was shaky towards the end but for the first time he has overcome his TV nerves and showed some of the talent he has. His 135 break in frame 3 was superb and to put out the highest seeded player must give him a hell of a boost.

Superb!!