Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I beleive the other mods were Paul Weller and Roger Daltrey.

That joke isn't about snooker. So obviously, you'll have to explain it to me....

The Who was a band and they were mods, not rockers.

I thought Roger Daltrey was in The Who.

What does a mod mean in that context?

Postby Dan-cat

'Mod is a subculture that began in London in 1958 and spread throughout Great Britain and elsewhere, eventually influencing fashions and trends in other countries, and continues today on a smaller scale. Focused on music and fashion, the subculture has its roots in a small group of stylish London-based young men in the late 1950s who were termed modernists because they listened to modern jazz.

Significant elements of the mod subculture include fashion (often tailor-made suits); music (including soul, ska, and R&B); and motor scooters (usually Lambretta or Vespa). The original mod scene was associated with amphetamine-fuelled all-night dancing at clubs.

Postby TheRocket

Btw. There's a lot of positive stuff to say about SnookerIsland.

Imo this is quite a civilized place and I don't see people offend or have a go at each other. The majority of Users are genuine Snookerfans and here to debate and talk about Snooker. We all have our fav players and are independent-minded but we're all here because we like Snooker.

You have a banter here and there but thats fine. Like salt in soup. Like your "Jimmy is flying in practice" comments and stuff like that.

Postby Iranu

Our immediate need in my opinion is for another admin. Not necessarily instead of Roland (whether he cares or not, this is still his site) but as well as.

Since mods can't appoint other mods or fix the various issues the site's had recently, we need someone who's on hand more often to do this sort of thing.

The fact that it's proving so difficult to appoint mods is silly, really.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:Our immediate need in my opinion is for another admin. Not necessarily instead of Roland (whether he cares or not, this is still his site) but as well as.

Since mods can't appoint other mods or fix the various issues the site's had recently, we need someone who's on hand more often to do this sort of thing.

Happy to do this. Would prefer this to being a mod. Andre for mod.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:Our immediate need in my opinion is for another admin. Not necessarily instead of Roland (whether he cares or not, this is still his site) but as well as.

Happy to do this. Would prefer this to being a mod. Andre for mod.

:goodpost: :goodpost:

Postby Wildey

Right Roland has come back to me and when he has the time he will make Andre and Dan Cat mods.

In short from now they are effectively mods and id like them to help me police this place and when roland gets around to it they will have all the modding powers.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:Right Roland has come back to me and when he has the time he will make Andre and Dan Cat mods.

In short from now they are effectively mods and id like them to help me police this place and when roland gets around to it they will have all the modding powers.

Does this mean we now have to be nice to Andre and dan-cat?

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:Right Roland has come back to me and when he has the time he will make Andre and Dan Cat mods.

no because in 8 years you not been nice to me have you

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

rofl rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

rofl rofl

:emb:

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Congrats Andre and Dan!

Sheers mate!

I'll let people here on SI know when I'm officially a mod,but suffice to say things will continue as normal.

At least they will for me in the 7 years I've been a member here. Only difference is I'll look at some posts more carefully but that's it.

Postby SnookerFan

I knew he'd never make me mod. rofl

Nah, kidding. Good luck you two. <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Lolz :-D

Postby eraserhead

Congrats to Andre and Dan, top posters. :hatoff: I was wondering why this thread was still so active. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Congrats to Andre and Dan, top posters. :hatoff: I was wondering why this thread was still so active. <laugh>

We're still celebrating the Selby win.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:OK things have been said and on my part not particularly proud of my self to say the least so i want to apologise whole hearty to andre in particular he did not deserve what i said.

:hatoff:

Wildey wrote: Roland has made no secret of the fact hes lost intrest so really if this place going to survive it will have to be you lot that makes that happen.

Why doesn't he care anymore ? :chin: :?

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:I knew he'd never make me mod. rofl

If it's any consolation to you SF, I don't think me and Pinkey are in the cards either. :chuckle:

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:just watched snooker loopy on totp2

It was on twice and is now stuck firmly in my head.

on my own

That also got stuck in my head.

The TOTP shown earlier had Jimmy White, Kirk Stevens & Alex Higgins on it so Snooker really was booming at the time.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:just watched snooker loopy on totp2

It was on twice and is now stuck firmly in my head.

on my own

That also got stuck in my head.

The TOTP shown earlier had Jimmy White, Kirk Stevens & Alex Higgins on it so Snooker really was booming at the time.

rofl
They played it twice and it stuck in my head for days anf I can't stand the song...

Got it back now - thanks!! rofl