Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah well I am glad you did not mention me as a possible moderator as I wouldn't have wanted it anyway.

for the record id wish roland had pulled the plug on this place ive had a gutfull dealing with bucking idiots daily.

If you wished that... then why do you still post on the Forum?

No Andre - it was a joke based on.....doesn't matter.

Let's not start again

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:So who does that leave then? Alex0Paul?

He ain't big on Selbo.

I quite like Selby.

Sign me up!

Not your favourite player though is he?

Then sory, you're out.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah well I am glad you did not mention me as a possible moderator as I wouldn't have wanted it anyway.

for the record id wish roland had pulled the plug on this place ive had a gutfull dealing with bucking idiots daily.

Let's not start again

Ok I get it.

Let's not.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Although I've only been regularly posting for a couple of years, I've actually been here since the move from 606. Believe me, this place is nowhere near as bad as it was when red frogs like Witz and Smart were posting here. I've read more than a few forums in my time and this is no different than any other, in fact better than many.

For what it's worth, I actually think Andre and Snookerfan would both be good mods.

Wild, I'd also like to apologise for my post yesterday. Whether I feel that way or not, it was an over the top reaction and I'm sorry for that. There was no need for it.

Calling Andre an absolute bucking idiot because he disagrees with you is a bit uncalled for, though.

Bit below the belt that dig. Those two were outstanding posters and brought alot to the forum, imo. Obviously not your cup of tea, but to dismiss them in that manner is abit...harsh, I would say.

Maybe. Personally I found them more annoying than funny. They also regularly derailed threads from what I remember.

One of them, Witz I think, referred to Pankaj Advani as a poo emoji on multiple occasion. To me that steps across a line into unacceptable racism and that's unforgivable in my opinion.

Fair enough. We won't agree on everything.

Postby Alex0paul

Pink Ball wrote:

He ain't big on Selbo.

I don’t mind him

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

He ain't big on Selbo.

I quite like Selby.

Sign me up!

Not your favourite player though is he?

Then sory, you're out.

If it gets me the job I'll denounce Ronnie and worship under the altar of our Lord and Saviour Mark Selby :bowdown:

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Let's not start again

Ok I get it.

Let's not.

How you holding up, mate? After that vicious attack on your character by Wild? Will you be seeking therapy to overcome the trauma?

Postby TheRocket

Forums do exist for exchange of opinion and naturally people have different views about different things. Its as simple as that.

And not enjoying a certain style of play or or disliking certain players for their style of play or character is all part of that personal opinion and free expression.

I also think that users like Smart,Witz or Cannonball (some might still remember him) brought a lot of fun and entertainment to this forum. Even if you didn't agree with all of their comments.

As for Roland I'm not surprised he doesn't want Andre as a mod. I think there is only black and white in his world and he geniunely believes he can define who or what a real Snookerfan is.
I remember (can't remember who it was) someone saying that McManus is an easy opponent to have for Selby in the quarters of the World Championship and that was enough to get a ban threat from Roland.
Last edited by TheRocket on 02 Oct 2018, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
How you holding up, mate? After that vicious attack on your character by Wild? Will you be seeking therapy to overcome the trauma?

I'll survive.

Postby Dan-cat

How much time is involved in being a mod?

Will I get involved in bickery he-said she-said PMs?

Will other (reasonable) posters help me by PMing bad stuff to me?

Am I too politically correct? too handsome? Too god damn sexy?

I don't want to see this place flounder, if Wildey really has gone then someone needs to step up I guess.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:How much time is involved in being a mod?

Will I get involved in bickery he-said she-said PMs?

Will other (reasonable) posters help me by PMing bad stuff to me?

Am I too politically correct? too handsome? Too god damn sexy?

I don't want to see this place flounder, if Wildey really has gone then someone needs to step up I guess.

The problem is, that you're just too sexy.

Postby Wildey

OK things have been said and on my part not particularly proud of my self to say the least so i want to apologise whole hearty to andre in particular he did not deserve what i said.

Ive been part of this place since the beginning 2nd of October 2009 and despite what i said i would be gutted if it went.

Roland has made no secret of the fact hes lost intrest so really if this place going to survive it will have to be you lot that makes that happen.

If you want me to continue as Mod i will if not then i will resign i dont want to do something where people dont want me too.

i have suggested andre and Snookerfan as mods and obviously Dan Cat is another.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:OK things have been said and on my part not particularly proud of my self to say the least so i want to apologise whole hearty to andre in particular he did not deserve what i said.

Ive been part of this place since the beginning 2nd of October 2009 and despite what i said i would be gutted if it went.

Roland has made no secret of the fact hes lost intrest so really if this place going to survive it will have to be you lot that makes that happen.

If you want me to continue as Mod i will if not then i will resign i dont want to do something where people dont want me too.

Very magnanimous of you. Hopefully, it's all water under the bridge and things will get back to normal now.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:OK things have been said and on my part not particularly proud of my self to say the least so i want to apologise whole hearty to andre in particular he did not deserve what i said.

Fair play for that Wild.

I do accept your apologies, and hope things get back to normal again. One unfortunate incident doesnt mean the Island has to end or that you be sent away.

This place needs a mod like you, BUT all this work cant rely on one single person.

I'm obviously up for the job, but if Roland doesnt want me then what can I do... you can tell me everything, but his main reason is I'm a ROS fan. If you care to look carefully, I've always been a bit like Skullman, difference is Roland and him shared the same favourite player.

People can say what they want but thats the sad truth and why Roland wouldnt want me as a mod.

But thats ok. I think someone like Dan would do a fine job being a mod or even an administrator.

Let's all enjoy our Snooker and put this behind us.

Postby SnookerFan

I've never had a problem with you as a mod, Wild. As I stated before, I have always thought you did well at a thoroughly thankless job. Obviously, this should be somewhat democratic, but if most other people want you to stay, I won't have a problem.

I did have a problem with what you said to Andre, but if he accepts your apology, then there is no reason I shouldn't. I'll take that as the matter being closed.

Nice of you to suggest me as a mod. I do appreciate that. Maybe I'm being skeptical, but I have a feeling Roland wouldn't want me as one. Not for any reasons to do with Ronnie. Just because I appreciate I have a, shall we say, very silly sense of humour. And one that I know has often grated with Roland. If Roland does come on, and say he wants me as a mod, I'll be open to discussing it with him. But am happy to stand by it if he picks somebody else.

Also, if I can be slightly sappy, I think the thing with this forum is that it does feel somewhat a like a family/community. I appreciate a lot of the people on here, and there isn't any of the active posters I'd say I disliked. When Roland made a comment once, several posters PM'd me to tell me they disagreed with what he had to say. In Roland's defence, I don't think he meant it, and even if he had his comments didn't bother me. But it was nice to know that people out there who were willing to voice their support of me.

Hopefully we can put this down as a "family" disagreement, and push on with discussing snooker. (And what I'm having for dinner tonight. It's chicken kievs, by the way.)

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey:

You have done the right thing in apologising and, from my point of view, that’s the matter closed. And I for one would fully support you continuing as a moderator.

I would also like to apologise for the way I’ve behaved in recent days, particularly towards you Wild. I made the mistake of using the forum as a distraction and ended up escalating what now seems like a storm in a teacup. God knows I’m no saint!

I will probably keep off posting anyway for the next while on unrelated issues, but I’m glad this situation is resolved.

Online friends are still friends at the end of the day.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Fair play Wild. I would still love to see Andre become a mod. I think he has deserved it with all the threads he puts up and his excellent conduct...

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:Fair play Wild. I would still love to see Andre become a mod. I think he has deserved it with all the threads he puts up and his excellent conduct...

yea problem is theres 7 Mods and im the only one active so im seen as the bad guy when i have to make decitions.

Casey stil a mod not been seen since 2015

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Fair play Wild. I would still love to see Andre become a mod. I think he has deserved it with all the threads he puts up and his excellent conduct...

yea problem is theres 7 Mods and im the only one active so im seen as the bad guy when i have to make decitions.

Which is the only reason we’ve asked for a new mod. Not because we think you’re a bad mod. You aren’t.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Which is the only reason we’ve asked for a new mod. Not because we think you’re a bad mod. You aren’t.

That was the whole point originally.

It's not fair Wild does all the work. It's too much to ask.

Out of interest, who are the seven mods? Skullman and Snooky were, weren't they?

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

That was the whole point originally.

It's not fair Wild does all the work. It's too much to ask.

Totally agree. He is crucial to the entire operation.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I beleive the other mods were Paul Weller and Roger Daltrey.

That joke isn't about snooker. So obviously, you'll have to explain it to me....

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I beleive the other mods were Paul Weller and Roger Daltrey.

That joke isn't about snooker. So obviously, you'll have to explain it to me....

The Who was a band and they were mods, not rockers.