Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Last 64 and Heldover Matches !

Postby TheRocket

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Regarding Yan Bingtao. Imo he is more of a workaholic (thats what some pros say) than a extremely talented player. He doesn't look stronger or more talented to me than Ding did at that young age. Let alone ROS.

But people obviously tend to overhype things and some even compared him to Hendry .I don't think we'll ever see a player dominating like Hendry or Davis again.

Still expect the guy to have a good career though.

Every Chinese player that has broke through into the Top 32 has had a complete loss of form. It happened to Liang Wenbo, it happened to Xiao Guodong and it's now happening to Yan and Zhou Yeulong. The first two both dropped about 30 places in the ranking and took a while to recover. Ding also has a slump or two but being the best Chinese player his fall was smaller. Being so far from home at such a young age probably is a reason.

I agree with that. And my intention is not to make him look like a bad player. My point is just that many already saw a future alltime great and a new Hendry in him and that's been too premature.

There's even a possibility he might not even have a ranking title under his belt at the age of 25. On the other hand he might already be a World Champ at that age. So all we can do is watch and see.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Come on Hugill!

I want Hugill to win too

By the look of things, it's not gonna happen. The match is completely one-sided in Allen's favor.
I have not seen this Hugill kid play before, so I don't really know whether he is too nervous and can't perform due to emotions or he simply is a very poor player. :chin:

Anyone know ?! :weeds:

Postby kolompar

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Come on Hugill!

I want Hugill to win too

By the look of things, it's not gonna happen. The match is completely one-sided in Allen's favor.
I have not seen this Hugill kid play before, so I don't really know whether he is too nervous and can't perform due to emotions or he simply is a very poor player. :chin:

Anyone know ?! :weeds:

He's Roland's friend...

Postby Johnny Bravo

LC wrote:Selby shattered, there for the taking, gifts cragie 3 good chances he balls them all up and selby in

ROS was right, they need to make a second tour for "bums".

ROS suggested the main tour should only have 64 players in it, IMO 32 is much better. They'd all get well paid that way and the level of the matches would be higher.

Postby LC

Johnny Bravo wrote:
LC wrote:Selby shattered, there for the taking, gifts cragie 3 good chances he balls them all up and selby in

ROS was right, they need to make a second tour for "bums".

ROS suggested the main tour should only have 64 players in it, IMO 32 is much better. They'd all get well paid that way and the level of the matches would be higher.

I watched cragie last year against Wilson and he was superb, but he’s done absolutely nothing since and has been shocking today