Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie catch Steve Davis all time career titles ?.

Postby Ronnie79

SnookerFan wrote:A lot of Davis' 'title wins' don't count. They were Matchroom Events where only two or three other people turned up.

Not really a record that's worth a second thought, let alone beating.

What events are these ?. Matchroom events were staged fielding all Matchroom players. I'm sure that was only one or two events a year not like he won 20 of them

Postby PLtheRef

Ronnie79 wrote:Just looking for your opinions Davis has 83 professional titles the Rocket currently has 66 do ye think he can overtake him ?. Remember the Seniors events are counting as non-ranking events so I think he has a great chance. Discuss

I thought Davis had 73 titles?

If he continues playing, and to the standard he can produce there's no reason why O'Sullivan won't eclipse Davis' tally whatever it may be, but will he want to keep on going if takes a while?

Postby TheSaviour

John Higgins, Barry Hawkins, Neil Robertson, Kyren Wilson and Mark Selby all have some of the qualities that the older generation have.

I mean just simply cutting a ball (usually a black with a difficult cut) just simply and with a straight line in and not caring about the world any further when no-one would believe they could do that. And to do that consistently. That´s was what the older generation players were all about, and that´s, I would argue, still is something the fans are actually coming to possible see.

It could be good for the sport if Ronnie and Joe Perry, the two greatest ball hitters at the moment, would have some lengthy battles against those players. Difficult to judge very precisely how those matches will go on. And then there are Junhui and Mark Williams and many others also on the mix. It´s just important that the likes of Selby and Kyren will not be playing out of their comfort zones. Using those qualities they have that the older generation have or had isn´t doing that. Neil Robertson is someone who is having all fine if his hair cut is fine. But even still he´s still a man to beat on the table. And John Higgins is even better than him.

So might be, but still overally seeing John Higgins as the best players there just currently is. John´s just an another class. With almost anyone else it is that no promise is never kept. They said that something should be funny but why they are not any smiling or laughing then? That was a promise. Holding perhaps a half day if even so long. So they have something else brilliant on their minds already now. And I am sure they will be telling me what it is then.......

And I am glad that Gary Wilson is once again back. That job always was his at the first place. Those sad little t..... couldn´t come up anything decent without him. Or even with him but at least it is a job now. They born like that, they grew up like that. They already now are what their parents are. So that´s Gary´s job. To be at least informative when they have come in to the age.. Ok.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheSaviour wrote:John Higgins, Barry Hawkins, Neil Robertson, Kyren Wilson and Mark Selby all have some of the qualities that the older generation have.

I mean just simply cutting a ball (usually a black with a difficult cut) just simply and with a straight line in and not caring about the world any further when no-one would believe they could do that. And to do that consistently. That´s was what the older generation players were all about, and that´s, I would argue, still is something the fans are actually coming to possible see.

It could be good for the sport if Ronnie and Joe Perry, the two greatest ball hitters at the moment, would have some lengthy battles against those players. Difficult to judge very precisely how those matches will go on. And then there are Junhui and Mark Williams and many others also on the mix. It´s just important that the likes of Selby and Kyren will not be playing out of their comfort zones. Using those qualities they have that the older generation have or had isn´t doing that. Neil Robertson is someone who is having all fine if his hair cut is fine. But even still he´s still a man to beat on the table. And John Higgins is even better than him.

So might be, but still overally seeing John Higgins as the best players there just currently is. John´s just an another class. With almost anyone else it is that no promise is never kept. They said that something should be funny but why they are not any smiling or laughing then? That was a promise. Holding perhaps a half day if even so long. So they have something else brilliant on their minds already now. And I am sure they will be telling me what it is then.......

And I am glad that Gary Wilson is once again back. That job always was his at the first place. Those sad little t..... couldn´t come up anything decent without him. Or even with him but at least it is a job now. They born like that, they grew up like that. They already now are what their parents are. So that´s Gary´s job. To be at least informative when they have come in to the age.. Ok.

Man, your posts get weirder by the minute. U honestly scare me, where do u come up with this stuff ?!
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 17 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:It is World Titles that matter.....

Vodka, u seem to think that World Titles are all that matter in determining greatness.
If u don't mind, can u please answer a few questions so I understand your reasoning better:

1. If Ronnie wins another WC, will u consider him the GOAT ?
What if he ties Hendry at 7 WC ? Is Hendry still the GOAT or does Ronnie needs to win 8 ?

2. Pele has won 3 World Cups. Messi and CR7 have none. Can they be ranked among the top 10 all time or not ?

3. Michael Jordan has won 6 NBA championships. Bill Russell won 11 championships with the Boston Celtics, is he the GOAT of basketball ?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I would say winning a World Snooker Title is the same as winning a Grand Slam in Tennis.

Problem is there's 4 Slams a year, and only 1 Worlds per year.

So, as always, the answer is Ronnie can't be considered a great, unless he wins a Grand Slam in tennis.

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:A lot of Davis' 'title wins' don't count. They were Matchroom Events where only two or three other people turned up.

What events are these ?. Matchroom events were staged fielding all Matchroom players. I'm sure that was only one or two events a year not like he won 20 of them

2 events a year for 7 years is 14 and Davis won the majority of them

yea they were staged with only matchroom players and a few wild cards but point is Ronnie has won proper events and not even bothered with rubbish Out.

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

2 events a year for 7 years is 14 and Davis won the majority of them

yea they were staged with only matchroom players and a few wild cards but point is Ronnie has won proper events and not even bothered with rubbish Out.

The shot clock Premier league was rubbish and O'Sullivan won that many times. Those titles don't count for anything.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:The shot clock Premier league was rubbish and O'Sullivan won that many times. Those titles don't count for anything.

Premier League was pretty dull. Due to the shot clock, and the fact you could get a draw.

They don't mean as much as proper ranking events, but I think they count more than the ones Davis played. Just personal opinion.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie didn't have to adapt his game at all for the Premier League which gave him a huge advantage, he said this himself in an interview.

It should have been like 'French Cricket'. 5 seconds a shot and Drago should have been invited...