Post a reply

Evergrande China Championship Qualifying !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 19th ~ Wednesday 22nd of August at the Guild Hall, Preston

Luca Brecel won his first ranking title at the China Championship in 2017 beating Shaun Murphy 10-5 in the final and by doing establishing himself in the top 16 but he has strougled to live up to this win so far.

He will be top seed and avoid the minefield of Preston as will World Champion Mark Williams but World no 1 and 3 times World Champion Mark Selby will be there and playing veteran Jimmy White for a place in the main draw.

Who will be their place on the plane?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Evergrande China Championship Qualifying !!!

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:Very entertaining to watch, and seems like a pleasant chap.
He's got tattoos and he's young. Is that what bothers you?

It's certainly not that he's young. The game needs more young players coming through.

I think it's the fact that he shaves his head, but not his beard.

If you can't be bothered to shave, that's one thing. But it seems odd to be lazy about shaving your chin, but enthusiastic when it comes to shaving your head.

Postby Cloud Strife

For me, it's a number of reasons why I can't warm to him no matter how hard I try. The following things about him irritate me:

- The tattoos
- 'Ghetto' dress style
- Ric Flair strut around the table like he owns the place
- Laissez-faire attitude
- Careless shot selections and execution
- His Belgian nationality

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

For me, it's a number of reasons why I can't warm to him no matter how hard I try. The following things about him irritate me:

This is the big one, obviously.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

This is the big one, obviously.

Could have been worse, I suppose. He might have been Pakistani or Nigerian.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:I can't say I really like Luca either... I'm not a fan of his style.

What are your thoughts on his nationality? :chin:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I can't say I really like Luca either... I'm not a fan of his style.

I have no opinion on that, other than the fact that it might be nice to see more players from outside of the UK and China competing in the top 16.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I have no opinion on that, other than the fact that it might be nice to see more players from outside of the UK and China competing in the top 16.

:goodpost:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

- The tattoos
- 'Ghetto' dress style
- Laissez-faire attitude

What the buck has his nationality got to do with anything racism of any kind will not be tolerated on snooker island and will result in a very long ban now ive warned you and everyone else next person gets 2 months ban cant say you not been warned.

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

@dalailama 17 Aug

I am one of the 7 billion human beings alive today. We each have a responsibility to think about humanity and the good of the world because it affects our own future. We weren’t born on this planet at this time to create problems but to bring about some benefit.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

To be fair, Cloud was just having a bit of fun with Holden if I read it correctly. Unless Cloud tells us different, I certainly did not think it was racism.

I understand the job of moderator must be very difficult and take a lot of time, but on this occasion I think Wildey has good intentions, but misunderstood.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:To be fair, Cloud was just having a bit of fun with Holden if I read it correctly. Unless Cloud tells us different, I certainly did not think it was racism.

I understand the job of moderator must be very difficult and take a lot of time, but on this occasion I think Wildey has good intentions, but misunderstood.

I assumed he was joking too.

Still, it's always nice to see Wildey laying a verbal smackdown.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

- The tattoos
- 'Ghetto' dress style
- Laissez-faire attitude

What the buck has his nationality got to do with anything racism of any kind will not be tolerated on snooker island and will result in a very long ban now ive warned you and everyone else next person gets 2 months ban cant say you not been warned.

A Nagasaki-scale overreaction.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:To be fair, Cloud was just having a bit of fun with Holden if I read it correctly. Unless Cloud tells us different, I certainly did not think it was racism.

It cannot be racism since Belgian is not a race.

And yes, I was joking. I absolutely detest the Belgians, but I most certainly do not hate them.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:TWITTER ATTACK

@dalailama 17 Aug

I am one of the 7 billion human beings alive today. We each have a responsibility to think about humanity and the good of the world because it affects our own future. We weren’t born on this planet at this time to create problems but to bring about some benefit.

Please spare me. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

- The tattoos
- 'Ghetto' dress style
- Laissez-faire attitude