Post a reply

D88.Com European Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Friday 17th and Saturday 18th of August at the Guild Hall, Preston

The European Masters has been played for 2 seasons and both won by Judd Trump beating Ronnie O'Sullivan 9-8 in 2016 and Stuart Bingham 9-7 last year.

This tournament will signal the start of Ronnie O'Sullivan's season with a match against Eden Sharav in Preston.

Judd Trump match with Martin O'Donnell aswell as Matches featuring Mark Williams and Luca Brecel will be carried forward to the main venue in October.

Who will join them in the draw?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88.Com European Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Finally the season gets under way for real.

:zzz:

He is so predictable i could have easily add that to the main post

This tournament will signal the start of Ronnie O'Sullivan's season with a match against Eden Sharav in Preston and ill save cloud strife some typing by saying Finally the season gets under way for real.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

This tournament will signal the start of Ronnie O'Sullivan's season with a match against Eden Sharav in Preston and ill save cloud strife some typing by saying Finally the season gets under way for real.

Maybe we should give him a minute, in case he wants to step outside for a twiddle.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Maybe we should give him a minute, in case he wants to step outside for a twiddle.

I Guess that twiddle will have to wait the frustration he will feel by the time Ronnie plays it will be like a erupting volcano :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I Guess that twiddle will have to wait the frustration he will feel by the time Ronnie plays it will be like a erupting volcano :-D

Mine are like that all the time.

Know what I mean, ladies? :evilgrin:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Mine are like that all the time.

Know what I mean, ladies? :evilgrin:

That you twiddle all the time?

Postby TheSaviour

"Who will join them in the draw?"

Gary Wilson versus Shaun Murphy, and Jimmy White versus Michael Georgiou certainly matches to look forward. Both Gary and Jimmy has elementary prospect to qualify. Shaun was the hottest ticket in the town exactly a year ago but a lot´s of has happened since then and Gary must be right up there along him. And can Georgiou finally hold it together now when 100% surely Jimmy will be playing like a machine? Like a machine, not just like a potting machine. But even machines can be won and Michael knows it. If he wouldn´t know it, it would be much easier to him.

Surely Selby should be a much bigger favourite against Mei Xi Wen than the odds would suggest. Now when he is back to form, or at least getting back to form, which means the same thing.

Not all the questions even need to be answered. That´s what they have told me. They are eyeing to keep up some unanswered big elementary question.

It means that I shouldn´t be writing anything about Mark Selby rofl rofl lol.

Or can Fergal and Rory keep on of what they have been doinging. Controlling the whole table. MJW already through, but he´s a potting machine.

Menacing M........ mauled Rod Lawler. Every act of pretending is a good one, as not everyone are pretending and that can be slightly akward. Pretending is solely just a funny thing. The players could just point out better if they are doing that. And why. But then, not all the questions even need to be answered, once again. And I do believe that. Rod just can´t play any better.

A bit of a mixed results. But the lads like these they just can´t afford to pinpoint what their real goals and aims are, of how they can see what they can achieve. If they would tell that, would be just embarrassing when falling short.

So that´s why the slightly infamous "silenzio" will keep on ruling the game, dominating the whole scene. And each for their own with just their own goals and fantasies perhaps to achieve without anyone´s else help.

Postby TheSaviour

Yes, Olli Lines requires some beating. Similar newcomer to David Goffin or Armand Duplantis. Basically unbeatable, and all of them plays the opponents and posses unbeatable body-actions and gestures. So, the whole package. I can now only pray that some of those old timers could still get better of them. Well, Duplantis´ case if obviously gone already. I don´t wan´t the outright winner every time been obvious and locked. That´s just downright embarrassing. Goffin just as a major "underdog" beat Kevin Anderson and Juan Martin Del Potro both 2-0. Federer was playing his absolute in London a year ago and still lost that semi against him.

Meanwhile Thor keep on producing the major upsets. Outrageous! First A McGill and now Saengham. Outrageous! Need to give him that, even when I don´t particularly like the word or to find it good to scores of people acting outrageously. But they do as they don´t wan´t to feel the age. So fair play, I suppose.

Somehow they have managed to find a way to call Thor also "Rory".

Thor Chuang Leon, a native of Penang, Thor now plays his profession across the globe but mainly in UK where the grass may not be greener but the snooker scene have it won appeal. Thor quickly learned that no place had Mexican food like London, and eventually found the way back to his favourite salsas and enchiladas. Chiles, beans, corn, tortillas and squash are common ingredients for those restaurants that specialize in Thor´s fav regional cuisine (cactus is just as tasty but less common).

WORD OF MOUTH

Was the play stellar or not up to snuff? Did the playing give you shivers of delight or leave you cold? Is the accommodation somehow a problem?

UK´s hotels and motels run the gamut from world-class resorts to budget chains and from historic inns, bed-and breafasts to dude ranches.