Post a reply

Haining Open

Postby chengdufan

Selby retained his title with a 5-4 win over Li Hang yesterday.

Results:
Quarters:
Selby 4-1 Gary Wilson
King 4-2 Selt
Li Hang 4-0 Mei Xiwen
Sunny Akani 4-2 Ju Reti (A shame Ju Reti never got the sponsorship to play on tour when he qualified. He's a very good player)

Semis:
Selby 4-2 King
Li Hang 4-2 Akani

Earlier notable results:
Last 128:
Selby 4-3 Simon Lichtenberg
Li Jianbing 4-1 Mark Davis (shocker from Davis there)

Last 64:
Liu Jiaming 4-0 Liang Wenbo
Wang Yuchen 4-2 Barry Hawkins

Re: Haining Open

Postby Deewee

chengdufan wrote:(A shame Ju Reti never got the sponsorship to play on tour when he qualified. He's a very good player)

Did it have anything to do with his ethnicity? Same with Rouzi Maimaiti. Not making any accusations, just seemed like a possibility.

Postby Cloud Strife

Deewee wrote:
chengdufan wrote:(A shame Ju Reti never got the sponsorship to play on tour when he qualified. He's a very good player)

Did it have anything to do with his ethnicity? Same with Rouzi Maimaiti. Not making any accusations, just seemed like a possibility.

Are you saying only the purest, Han chinese will do?

Postby chengdufan

I think it's related to ethnicity. I'm only speculating, but the others who've had a go on the tour have based themselves in the coastal cities where the money is (Zhou Yuelong joined one of the academies in Guangzhou when he was 11 for example). Ju Reti and Rouzi Maimaiti are both Uighurs from Xinjiang in the far North-west. Maybe because of their culture and upbringing they weren't willing to move east and join the acadamies?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

chengdufan wrote:I think it's related to ethnicity. I'm only speculating, but the others who've had a go on the tour have based themselves in the coastal cities where the money is (Zhou Yuelong joined one of the academies in Guangzhou when he was 11 for example). Ju Reti and Rouzi Maimaiti are both Uighurs from Xinjiang in the far North-west. Maybe because of their culture and upbringing they weren't willing to move east and join the acadamies?

Interesting stuff
:hatoff:

Postby Deewee

chengdufan wrote:I think it's related to ethnicity. I'm only speculating, but the others who've had a go on the tour have based themselves in the coastal cities where the money is (Zhou Yuelong joined one of the academies in Guangzhou when he was 11 for example). Ju Reti and Rouzi Maimaiti are both Uighurs from Xinjiang in the far North-west. Maybe because of their culture and upbringing they weren't willing to move east and join the acadamies?

I see. Does the state sponsor players at all?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Hallelujah, it's Haining men, amen

I always found that song very offensive.

Really?

Well no, I don't really get offended but if two fat blokes started singing about it raining women and made that video (even in the 80s) they would be pilloried.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Hallelujah, it's Haining men, amen

I always found that song very offensive.

Really?

Well no, I don't really get offended but if two fat blokes started singing about it raining women and made that video (even in the 80s) they would be pilloried.

Nobody gives a rubbish.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Not even enough to comment?

Don’t think I don’t know what you’re up to.

Please take your gender baiting nonsense elsewhere.

Postby SnookerFan

Tall, dark, blonde and lean.
Rough and tough and strong and mean.

Postby The_Abbott

I was reading on Wikipedia that one year very few players even knew the tournament was being played. Imagine that happening to the Worlds. Maybe Jimmy could still win the World Title if 127 players aren't told when it is.

Postby Cloud Strife

The_Abbott wrote:I was reading on Wikipedia that one year very few players even knew the tournament was being played. Imagine that happening to the Worlds. Maybe Jimmy could still win the World Title if 127 players aren't told when it is.

Knowing Jimmy, he’d still somehow find a way to muck it up. rofl

Postby The_Abbott

Cloud Strife wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I was reading on Wikipedia that one year very few players even knew the tournament was being played. Imagine that happening to the Worlds. Maybe Jimmy could still win the World Title if 127 players aren't told when it is.

That's true. Although if its were the World Practice championships, Jimmy would have it nailed down every year.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

That's true. Although if its were the World Practice championships, Jimmy would have it nailed down every year.

Willie Thorne would knock in a maximum.

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:By all accounts, Jimmy is said to be :plane: in practice.

When Jimmy flies to the actual world championship, the plane crashes and burns :atsea: