Post a reply

Tony Drago Retires from Professional Play

Postby Deewee

Google translate: Tony Drago announce retiring from professional scene ufiċjalment

The Snooker Player's Tony Drago announced officially retiring from the professional scene as now decided to continue living in Malta after 32 years living in Ingiltera. He announced this during the TVM program Sport World Cup Russia 2018 where he was a special guest.

Drago nowadays has 52 years he had left Malta 18 years, said he continues to play at the highest level of professional scene must be in top shape and said that today he feel they can continue to play at that level.

He confirmed that although will not be playing more in the professional scene he will play back in Maltese league and will endeavor to be selected for the international commitments of the Seniors Tour

https://www.tvm.com.mt/mt/sports/tony-d ... ssion=true

Re: Tony Drago Retires from Professional Play

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Sad day - one of my favourite players to watch. In fact - my favourite player to watch back in his day.

He played the game like I would like to play it, and with a beautiful spirit. He was one of those players who would make a sport that can seem cold and austere beautiful and he could paint pictures on the baize that remain in my mind twenty five years later.

He put it all out there on the table and left me with so many happy memories. The three minute century and the heartbreaking losses stick in my mind.

Wherever you are Tony, thank you and I hope that life is kind to you.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Sad day - one of my favourite players to watch. In fact - my favourite player to watch back in his day.

He played the game like I would like to play it, and with a beautiful spirit. He was one of those players who would make a sport that can seem cold and austere beautiful and he could paint pictures on the baize that remain in my mind twenty five years later.

He put it all out there on the table and left me with so many happy memories. The three minute century and the heartbreaking losses stick in my mind.

+1

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Sad day - one of my favourite players to watch. In fact - my favourite player to watch back in his day.

Great post! :spot on:

Postby TheSaviour

T is a good man from heel to top.

He has been trying to stop many things without any success. Can´t agree regarding the way he plays, however. Have many times found him to be in a shocking state. Well, I have been that myself too. But still not anyone need to play like that.

Without him there just isn´t that ending possibility. Which, if something, is going to split your personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoLLOOSpgQU

Postby kolompar

:goodpost:
Shame he never achieved what he could have, sounds like he will play some seniors so still chance for a world title :-D

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Drago used to play in my local club in the late 90s. Hawkins frequented that same club in the 2000s.

Was it the one in Kings Cross? Ebdon used to practice there as well

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Drago used to play in my local club in the late 90s. Hawkins frequented that same club in the 2000s.

Moss Side?

West Norwood...

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Moss Side?

West Norwood...

OOOh that's really rough

Right near the cemetery....

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Vodka - who do you think will dominate this season?

No one player will dominate. O'Sullivan will win a couple of big events, as will Selby, and Robertson will come back to the fore. Higgins will struggle.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:

No one player will dominate. O'Sullivan will win a couple of big events, as will Selby, and Robertson will come back to the fore. Higgins will struggle.

I agree with you in the main, especially with Robertson returning to the fore.

I am not so sure about O'Sullivan - I think Carter may have broken him at the WC. Time will tell

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I am not so sure about O'Sullivan - I think Carter may have broken him at the WC. Time will tell

I am sure Higgins has been broken by successive Crucible final losses.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Ronnie won the Shanghai Masters :chuckle:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Ronnie won the Shanghai Masters :chuckle:

Yeah - he will probably win another but I think I am right that Carter hurt him at the Worlds. ROS behaved the way he did because he wanted to win badly but Carter stood up to him and other players should do the same.