Post a reply

Re: New Season Starts Tomorrow!

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Sorry Hendryfan - no offence intended.

Apology accepted BSP. :-)

It sounded like you were bashin,or tryin to bash me,but lets let that go. <ok>

Whats your thoughts on Engerland commecing to the 1/4ers?,are u pleased?,could,nt you care less?,whatever.

Damn,i just saw that Snorey McLeod beat the Polish star Stefanow 4-3. >-(

Poooooooomjaeng also does,nt even manage to win his 1st match of the new season,as he gets beaten 4-1 by Swail.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

hendry_fan wrote:

Not at all!

Whats your thoughts on Engerland commecing to the 1/4ers?,are u pleased?,could,nt you care less?,whatever.

Think it is a bit overhyped. England were not looking great in that game! Hope they play better against Sweden

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

Not at all!

Think it is a bit overhyped. England were not looking great in that game! Hope they play better against Sweden

My knowledge bout football aint as good as my snooker knowledge is,in fact it,s verrrrry pooooooor,so i can,t really say that much bout Englands performance,but yeah,i agree,England certainly did,nt look/play great last night.

Mind you,Swedens performance against Switzerland was,nt that great neither.

But saturdays another day,so yeah,lets hope England play better and that they send Sweden packin. :-)

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:

This forum has jumped the shark.

Just when Roland gave it another go...

Postby Alex0paul

kolompar wrote:Are the Chinese streaming all the tables?

Not in my local one

Postby hendry_fan

Eden Sharav forces a decider with granpa Fergal.

Mr Dan- :cat:,

1)How,s your snooker been going of late?.

2)Have you had any wonderful clearences?.

3) Have you won more black ball games?.

4)Have you hit any BIG breaks?.

5)Have you beaten that main freind you play against more lately?.

:chin: :-)

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Eden Sharav forces a decider with granpa Fergal.

:chin: :-)

Sir Hendry Fan of Scotlandshire. Thank you for your enquiry.

1. Not bad. Had a couple of weeks off for a holiday, played last couple of weeks though, and played OK

2. No.

3. No, have been on the losing end of a couple!!

4. No. Twenty's plenty.... :/

5. He beat me last week 3 nil, but they were close and I played well so I didn't mind. The previous week I beat him 2-1 and in the two I won it was drubby McDrubstone so YAY!

How about you? how's your game?

Postby hendry_fan

Sir Hendry Fan of Scotlandshire. Thank you for your enquiry.

1. Not bad. Had a couple of weeks off for a holiday, played last couple of weeks though, and played OK

2. No.

3. No, have been on the losing end of a couple!!

4. No. Twenty's plenty....

5. He beat me last week 3 nil, but they were close and I played well so I didn't mind. The previous week I beat him 2-1 and in the two I won it was drubby McDrubstone so YAY!

How about you? how's your game?

"Sir Hendry Fan of Scotlandshire".

:hatoff: <ok> <laugh>

I was tryin to think of a Sir type name for you,but i then though,i,ll stick to callin you Dan- :cat: as you love that. ;-)

Sounds like you,ve been doin ok.

So you have no BIG breaks,but you,ve had "Twenty's plenty",that sounds brilliant!,i,d be absolutely delighted if i could make plenty o twentys.

I,m rubbish at makin breaks,often when i see the 20 mark,i blow it,i knock in a lot of 15,s,16,s,17,s,my highest break this year so far is a measly 22,but i have to add,that i,ve not played many frames so far this year,i,ve probably only played bout 25 frames,but only being able to make one 20+er in 25 frames is pathetic really. :emb:

The last time i played,was bout 5,6 weeks ago,i lost 4-1 to 1 opponent,then i lost 2-0 to another.

The guy i lost 2-0 to annoys me tbh,i,ve actually only played him bout 5,6 times and most matches i,ve played against him followed the same,a similar sort of pattern.

Eg,often when i play a very good safety,he goes and pots one,in fact,some of the pots he makes are unreal,he does,nt half pull out some difficult pots,when it happens,i sit in my chair and think,not again,not another one ffs!.

I also have more bad luck when i play against him,than when i play others,i,d pot a crackin one,what happens,the buckin cue goes in and he often gets lucky snookers and often gets away with misses.

I,m really determined to beat the bugger,i,ve only managed to beat him once so far,it was the very first match we played,it was last year,i beat him 3-2. :happy:

In fact,the last match we played,where he won 2-0,in the first frame i knocked in my highest break of this year so far,the 22,at one point i was about 30 ahead,but then he started his usual pottin balls off the lampshades,down to the colours,he got a lucky snooker,i missed,gave him a easy yellow,he then potted up to the blue and that was that.

The 2nd frame,he knocked in an incredible 31 break,once again,he potted some very difficult pots to keep the break goin,shortly after,i potted one,only to see the buckin cue ball unlucky go in,after that he potted a few and i was then about 48 behind,too much for me to comeback.

When we then shook hands,he said,that that 31 break he rattled in was one of the best breaks he,s ever made,i thought,Aye,typical you had to do it against me. >-( <laugh>

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters Qualifiers !!

Postby Dan-cat

Sir HF of SS! Great match reports.

You will take him again!! YOu are probably thinking too much about the result during the game because you want to beat him so bad that it's hampering your chances.

What is it that Steve Davis says? 'To play as if it means nothing at all and yet it means everything.'

Easier said than done. It's useful for life though - free yourself from the tyranny of expectations. A Buddhist teaching.

Yes, I do love Dan- :cat:

Can't wait for some proper snooker.

:-D :-D :-D

Postby TheSaviour

Dan-cat wrote:Sir HF of SS! Great match reports.

You will take him again!! YOu are probably thinking too much about the result during the game because you want to beat him so bad that it's hampering your chances.

What is it that Steve Davis says? 'To play as if it means nothing at all and yet it means everything.'

Easier said than done. It's useful for life though - free yourself from the tyranny of expectations. A Buddhist teaching.

Yes, I do love Dan- :cat:

Can't wait for some proper snooker.

:-D :-D :-D

Yep yep, mate, but u need to wait that for a while.. Riga Masters won´t be offering that. Highly doubt the World Open or the Paul Hunter Classic offers any of that..

When RONNIE O´Sullivan opens up his 2018-2019 campaign we might be on to something.. A bit of a sad words but yet the truth. Or can Mark Selby do something..?? Or the reigning WC Mark Williams ? Could be, can be, but still highly doubt it. It is only the real autumn months which makes it to happen.

Postby SnookerFan

Balls.

I just realised I said I'd do something on the 28th July. There goes my day of sitting in front of snooker and watching snooker.

I hate having to do things. With people.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just watched the highlights on Eurosport. Credit to Mark Selby. Worthy winner, fine world champion. :hatoff:

My favourite thing about this tournament was your joke about how did the first snooker table arrive in Latvia, was it on its holidays?

Thanks man. I try my best.

Still my favourite SI joke.

Postby The_Abbott

Ahhh, the Riga Masters. My third favourite tournament after the Champions League and the Shoot Out.

Its safe to say Hamilton and Fu both need good starts to the season. Fu is something like 63rd if you remove all his 2017 money and Hamilton is like 80th.