Post a reply

Re: New Season Starts Tomorrow!

Postby SteveJJ

Alex0paul wrote:Fu is provisionally 63rd on the End of Season rankings

You'd think as long as his sight is ok, he'll start to climb up pretty quickly but just shows how quickly you can drop.

Liang is down to 36 on those rankings. Dale at 62. McManus at 56 and recentish ranking winner Hamilton at 75.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:How come the Riga Masters doesn't have it's own subforum?

Wasn't sure I had the power to do so as a non-mod, so started this thread thinking that Wildey would be along to set up the official one and start off the 2018/19 season forums.

Postby hendry_fan

A brilliant start to the new season for Angles,he loses 4-3,the final frame score=54-53.

The German star Kleckers beats the Swiss star Ursenbacher by 4 frames to 1.

The match which lasted 3h,30 mins btween King and Ebdon was decided on the last black,King came out on top.

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:

Wasn't sure I had the power to do so as a non-mod, so started this thread thinking that Wildey would be along to set up the official one and start off the 2018/19 season forums.

For me this is the end of Snooker Island ive asked Roland to set up a 2018/2019 season sub forum since the end of q school in May.

Sorry but if the Admin cant be fussed why should i just got too much on my self to bother about this forum unless things are done right and proffesionally.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

For me this is the end of Snooker Island ive asked Roland to set up a 2018/2019 season sub forum since the end of q school in May.

Sorry but if the Admin cant be fussed why should i just got too much on my self to bother about this forum unless things are done right and proffesionally.

He sees us all as lowlife scum. Would you help lowlife scum? I wouldn't mow a lawn for lowlife scum. I wouldn't mind the dogs for lowlife scum. Why would you set up a subforum for people you see as lowlife scum?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

That's a real shame Wildey - I am grateful for what you have done for this place and hope you will still be on here.
Is there any way that we can help - are you able to set up other admins? I don't mind weighing in.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Snooker Island without Wildey is like a World Cup without Brazil.

ill still be here ill still mod but really cant set up threads if theres no real place to set them up in.

started all this in 2007 on the BBC 606 then moved here in 2009 in a lot of way forums are dying with social media taking over or that what i thought.

The World Championship proved there is still a place for forums Great debates and my most enjoyable time as Mod because there was less hazzles and plenty of banter than in previous years.

Hopefully a sub forum can be set up soon.

Postby TheSaviour

Not so suprisingly M Georgiou got beat. MG is all really stylish break-builder and I would say a talented player who is having difficulties to hold it together as the ends beckons. This time it was the rising chinese ace, Zhou Yuelong, who get better of him. Zhou reminds me of Jimmy White. But that just my taking on him, can´t believe anyone else are seeing it like that.

Georgiou won the Shoot-Out, a tournament when there just aren´t any time to get nervous. A tailor-made title for him, I would say. And really headlines his natural talent. Well there has been and will be other the Shoot-Out kings also. But Georgiou will be having those ranking points for a some time now, and those will help him to stay on the tour. Where otherwise I really can´t see him having any other succecces. Perhaps he will be having a good Shoot-Out for the next 15 years, and only those ranking points will be helping him to stay on the tour lol. It just isn´t good enough to score 30 or 40 first, only to land out of the position. Or it can be enough but then should have a very good, a John Higgins or an Alfie Burden-type of a safety-game. But the Shoot-Out is an another animal.

Mark King beat Peter Ebdon without making any breaks. Just shows how poor Peter Ebdon is on these days. Just a shocking standards, to be perfectly honest. Could had been that Mark King played tactically really well, but still.. Come on..

But then, really well played from a few players.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Possibly Saviour's best ever post.

"Georgiou won the Shoot-Out, a tournament when there just aren´t any time to get nervous. A tailor-made title for him, I would say. "

Good point

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

I don't see why it has to be the end of Snooker Island. If the Admin no longer has the time or desire to run this place properly he should just let someone else have it and wash his hands of it.

Boards change hands and go into different ownerships all the time. I would hope this will be the scenario here rather than just switching the damn thing off. Now that would be sad.

If a financial incentive is required, I'm sure that can be arranged. After all, I don't think Roland should go unrewarded for all the hard work he has put into this place over the years.

Postby SnookerFan

Looks like Shaun Murphy is moving to Dublin.

Shaun Murphy
@Magician147

Really excited to be moving to Dublin in the coming weeks. A truly wonderful place for @EORResearch and I to bring up our family.

Golf courses are decent too

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't see why it has to be the end of Snooker Island. If the Admin no longer has the time or desire to run this place properly he should just let someone else have it and wash his hands of it.

Boards change hands and go into different ownerships all the time. I would hope this will be the scenario here rather than just switching the damn thing off. Now that would be sad.

If a financial incentive is required, I'm sure that can be arranged. After all, I don't think Roland should go unrewarded for all the hard work he has put into this place over the years.

I also don't see why this has to be the end.

I love Twitter, and use Facebook also, but I see no reason why these websites' success has to hinder Snooker Island. Snooker Island is different to Twitter, in my opinion. It provides more opportunity for in-depth chat. I prefer chatting on a forum during live tournaments far more than I do on Twitter. (And I'm on Twitter all the time.)

I understand that Roland is no longer interested, and understand that he doesn't really owe us anything. But it would be a shame if this forum died altogether.

I'll still post on here as long as I am able, and if that means creating threads in awkward places, so be it. Ideally, as has been said, we'd set up other moderators on here who could look after the site. That way Roland and Wild, who have both put in a lot of hard work for us over the years, can have much needed retirements and those that do still want to enjoy this forum, can.

Postby Dan-cat

I'm also happy to create new threads etc. There's a whole team of us willing to help.

Sure, it goes quiet between tournaments and in the off season and yet in my four years since I joined this last year is the most I've seen snooker Island thrive.

I can nudge Roland on Twitter to create the sub forum if you like Wildey?

Edit: 5 years*
Last edited by Dan-cat on 03 Jul 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:I'm also happy to create new threads etc. There's a whole team of us willing to help.

Sure, it goes quiet between tournaments and in the off season and yet in my four years since I joined this last year is the most I've seen snooker Island thrive.

Go for it ive tried i even gave him over a months heads up and reminded him 2 weeks ago cant do any more im just too busy im even willing to create the forums my self but as just a mod havent got the tools for that.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm also happy to create new threads etc. There's a whole team of us willing to help.

Go for it ive tried i even gave him over a months heads up and reminded him 2 weeks ago cant do any more im just too busy im even willing to create the forums my self but as just a mod havent got the tools for that.

I also aprecciate what you and a few others are doing,have done to save this Forum,keep it going,whatever Wildey,i can fully understand that you and some others just don,t have the time these days.

As said many times bfore,it would be e reeeeeaaaaaal shame if Snooker Island were to finish. :-( :-( :-(

I really hope that this dilema will/can get sorted out though and that Snooker Island will live on,keep on going. <ok> :peace:

Postby hendry_fan

Meanwhile,.............

Wow,a Scot finaly wins a match again,"coughcough",i meant a young gun Scot. :-D

Mr Donaldson beats a young Thai gun by 4 frames to 3.

Of note: Donaldson knocks in a *137* in the fourth frame,in the fifth frame Saengkham also knocks in a *137*. :-)

Postby Cloud Strife

Funny how there's always this doom and gloom surrounding Snooker Island at the start of every season. Seems to have become an annual tradition.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Hello HF!! Rare to see you between tournaments!

This family will survive

:party:

Hallo Dear Dan- :cat: ,

well,i thought now the new season has started,(ok,it,s only qualifyers),that i,d read n make the odd comment now n again. :-)

Hope your keeping well?.

I,m doin ok,although,i just had a row with one of my woman freinds.

To cut a long story,verrry short,...i hate it when i ask someone a question on whatsapp and they don,t answer the question.

The woman freind i just mentioned has been doin that for quite a while,i told her once bfore that it annoys me if she does,nt give me an answer,since then,she did actually make an effort and started to answer,but since a few weeks,she,s gone back to her usual ways.

Bout an hour ago,i gave her a tellin off and told her,"is it so much to buckin ask for to buckin answer my questions ffs?!",the :cow: then tried to give me the blame and amongst other things said i,m egoistic,bla blaaah.

I then told her to go n buckin bugger off. >-(

I don,t get quite as angry as this lad did,but i aint far from it. <laugh> ,.....

https://youtu.be/8j0eqZKTjpk

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!,WOMEN CAN BE VERRRRY ANNOYING,SPOILT BUCKIN BRATS SOMETIMES!.

Ahhh,well,if it,s too much for her to bother to answer simple questions i ask,then up hers,i,ve no time for people like that. :no: >-(

Catch u sometime later,i,m off to watch the football.

COMME ONNNNN SWITZERLAND AND COMMMME ONNN ENGERLAND!. :happy: :-D

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Looks like Shaun Murphy is moving to Dublin.

Shaun Murphy
@Magician147

Really excited to be moving to Dublin in the coming weeks. A truly wonderful place for @EORResearch and I to bring up our family.

Golf courses are decent too

@EORResearch and me*

Always funny when people try to sound clever and get it wrong.

That common mistake is one of my pet peeves.

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Snooker Island is doomed.

We are all doomed