Post a reply

Cheltenham Races to host the World Grand Prix

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker @WorldSnooker1
"A top class facility for one of our leading tournaments"
@CheltenhamRaces will stage the 2019 World Grand Prix!

Interesting decision. I quite enjoyed the Guid Hall in Preston. Not sure I'd be as bothered about going to a race course.

I wonder if that means Preston isn't being used for anything next season. Though, they still haven't named a venue for the English Open, so you never know....

Re: Cheltenham Races to host the World Grand Prix

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Well, Preston got upgraded to the Player's championship and Llandudno gets the new tour champs.

They do seem to swap them around, don't they? rofl

Is that definite? Preston gets the Players Championship, and that new one is Llandundo?

Postby Deewee

It's in the full story that you linked "The top 16 on the one year ranking list will go on to compete in the Players Championship in Preston (March 4th to 10th) and then the top eight will progress to the new Tour Championship in Llandudno (March 19th to 24th)." ;-)

Considering going to the Tour Championship, would really like to go a long format event and since the Worlds don't look like being an option, I guess this would be the next best thing. Don't know anything about Llandudno though, anybody know if the venue is any good etc.?

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:It's in the full story that you linked "The top 16 on the one year ranking list will go on to compete in the Players Championship in Preston (March 4th to 10th) and then the top eight will progress to the new Tour Championship in Llandudno (March 19th to 24th)." ;-)

Oh yeah. Shows how thoroughly I'd read it. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Considering going to the Tour Championship, would really like to go a long format event and since the Worlds don't look like being an option, I guess this would be the next best thing. Don't know anything about Llandudno though, anybody know if the venue is any good etc.?

It's one I've never been to.

I did look into it, and there seemed to be a lot of hotels nearby, if that helps. Looks like a nice sea-side town. I've heard it's a nice place to visit.

I'm probably not helping. rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Cheltenham is a rubbish city and the racecourse clerks are red frogs. I went to the November race meeting and I swore: never again

We're gonna need more to this story. I just cracked open a beer and put fresh batteries in my vape so I'm settled in for a good long read.