Post a reply

Stephen Hendry Book

Postby Alex0paul

Hendry’s autobiography is out early September.

Looking forward to it.

Re: Stephen Hendry Book

Postby Badsnookerplayer

It will probably sell more copies than Ronnie's.

O'Sullivan's book sold 500, 000 copies so I estimate Stephen's will sell 700,000.

However, people will argue that Ronnie is a greater writer, and also it was more difficult for him to sell copies as his book was out at a much more competitive time.

Many hope that as time goes on, Ronnie's book may pass Stephen's 700, 000 figure although this is seeming less and less likely.

Hendry fans will simply point at the figure 700 000.

For reference, both Steve Davis and Ray Reardon's autobiographies sold 600 000 copies

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:It will probably sell more copies than Ronnie's.

O'Sullivan's book sold 500, 000 copies so I estimate Stephen's will sell 700,000.

However, people will argue that Ronnie is a greater writer, and also it was more difficult for him to sell copies as his book was out at a much more competitive time.

Many hope that as time goes on, Ronnie's book may pass Stephen's 700, 000 figure although this is seeming less and less likely.

For reference, both Steve Davis and Ray Reardon's autobiographies sold 600 000 copies

rofl

Postby TheSaviour

Badsnookerplayer wrote:It will probably sell more copies than Ronnie's.

Yup, a very good analyses from your part, indeed! Stephen´s been for years already out of it (the pro snooker), while Ronnie still having some daydreams. But he´s only daydreaming, to be quite honest. About to add his World titles count. Well MJW just added his, so.... Don´t know. But Ronnie´s just doing something quite wrong. Been ages for his last Sheffield semis. Which tells a story. Given his overall-success.

Stephen´s already out of it, and he´s probably feeling much better than Ronnie. Or I just don´t know. Could be that Ronnie´s feeling better than Stephen.. But not going to sell more copies.

Postby Minimum Break

Just noticed this is free to listen to for Audible members in the Plus Catalogue.

I shall give it a listen over the weekend.

Postby Minimum Break

Finally made it through, Read by the man himself. :D

Was some interesting insights into his career, especially the yips and his decline.

He kept talking about how great his marriage to Mandy was, but also how they never spent any time together. I would love to hear her side of that, but I assume they both were happier when they were apart for most of the time.