Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final Higgins v Williams !!

Postby SavoMilosevic

After this match, I really can't understand people who don't enjoy snooker or sports in general. I even cried a little watching Willo with Joe and his kids who weren't even born when he won it in 2003. And the tension was incredible, I can't believe he made that break after missing the pink to let Higgins clear up in the frame before.

It was a great world championships for me - I won the game here, my favourite sportsman won his third world title after so long and my second favourite snooker player finished as runner-up. I've been watching Higgins for two decades, but I still can't believe the determination he has and the ability to play his absolute best under extreme pressure. I feel a little bit sorry for him not equaling Ronnie at 5 titles, but maybe it will happen next year!?

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:I have to admit I was very nervous in the end, couldn"t even post anymore...; Well done Mark! What a final, what a player! LEGEND!

I found it strange you werent posting...

after the missed pink, I really really thought he would lose.

The break in the last, especially the cracking first red to middle, showed why he has tremendous bottle and why he dominated from 1998-2003.

MJW :happy:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What an incredible final! The best World Final I have watched live certainly.

Me too. My first was 2005 and it was close to this one, but this one was even way better.

Postby Cloud Strife

Deewee wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Willo showing some composure, but he should have never put himself in this situation.
This match would have been over by now if he had taken at least 1 of the first 5 frames.

rubbish happens

Like being gay.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I have to admit I was very nervous in the end, couldn"t even post anymore...; Well done Mark! What a final, what a player! LEGEND!

I found it strange you werent posting...

after the missed pink, I really really thought he would lose.

The break in the last, especially the cracking first red to middle, showed why he has tremendous bottle and why he dominated from 1998-2003.

MJW :happy:

I also thought he'd loose after that. But then again I thought the same when Higgo leveled.
I must admit Willo has some bottle, he's among the very best pressure players of all time.

Postby Deewee

Cloud Strife wrote:
Deewee wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Willo showing some composure, but he should have never put himself in this situation.
This match would have been over by now if he had taken at least 1 of the first 5 frames.

rubbish happens

Like being gay.

:? What's the joke?

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:Steve Davis: "Mark Williams is the greatest player of all time."

Steve Davis (on a younger struggling Williams in about 2010): “from experience many people will start approaching you with ideas about what you’re doing wrong, but really it’s just age”.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What a season for Mark Williams. Still I never expected him to win here again after what happened in the early 10s! And for him to do it against Higgins is even more impressive!

2017/18 shows that the class of `92 is still far from finished!

If Willo and Higgo can do it, maybe that will spur our Ronnie on to do the same.
Even though he won 2 rankers in the second half of the season, to me his form faded.
I reckon he was contempt with what he'd achieved this season before the WC started and didn't put in the practice hours required for such an event. The fact the he finds it a mental slog doesn't help either.
Anyway, this definately shows us that ROS can still win a WC. <cool> :spot on: :-D

Postby Andy Spark

I need to see the last frame again on YouTube, because after he missed Championship ball in the penultimate frame I was too nervous to observe proceedings in my normal scrupulous manner. :)

Postby Cloud Strife

Deewee wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Deewee wrote:

rubbish happens

Like being gay.

:? What's the joke?

rubbish happens, like one day waking up and finding out you're a homosexual.