Topic locked

Steve Davis vs Peter Ebdon

Postby SnookerFan

Who thinks it's funny that they are trying to advertise Fast Furious Snooker, and one of the first matches is a game between these two 'Speed Demons'? <laugh>

A best of five, between these two. How long do you think it'll last if it goes all five frames? My prediction is six hours.

Though weirdly, this is one of the matches I am most looking forward to. <ok> Hopefully this'll be a good 'un.

Re: Steve Davis vs Peter Ebdon

Postby Casey

I can’t remember the last time these two meet? I reckon Steve could win this one of the basis that it will be a log fest, well worth watching though.

Re: Steve Davis vs Peter Ebdon

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:I can’t remember the last time these two meet? I reckon Steve could win this one of the basis that it will be a log fest, well worth watching though.

They had a few matches in the mid-1990s, where Ebdon knocked a then-mighty Steve Davis out of the World Championships. I have a feeling Davis was knocked out quite early in the 1990s by Ebdon in the Worlds, when Ebdon was a qualifier. I was just reading about this in an old programme I found from about 2006 the other day, and still my memory doesn't serve me well. <laugh>

I am sure they have played more recently then that though.