Topic locked

Format of Play

Postby SnookerFan

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I can't be bothered to read through the old posts. I can't find the format of play on the World Snooker website. What are the first round matches?

Re: Format of Play

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/site_files/Shanghai_Format.pdf

It's under 'Format' ;)

You plank, I saw that. <laugh> That's not what I want. Who is playing who? They used to do a list giving you a list of who was playing when. All this tells me is that Number 11 is Playing Number 1. I don't want to see the seeds, who has got the list of actual games. Unless thats actually it, and Ronnie and Stephen Hendry have retired and there's actually a bloke called Number 11 playing.

Postby jafinkesaurus

SnookerFan wrote:

It's under 'Format' ;)

You plank, I saw that. <laugh> That's not what I want. Who is playing who? They used to do a list giving you a list of who was playing when. All this tells me is that Number 11 is Playing Number 1. I don't want to see the seeds, who has got the list of actual games. Unless thats actually it, and Ronnie and Stephen Hendry have retired and there's actually a bloke called Number 11 playing.

its not bloke number 11 its match number 11, compare it with the draw n figure it out yerself.
geez lazy ppl :roll: <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

jafinkesaurus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's under 'Format' ;)

its not bloke number 11 its match number 11, compare it with the draw n figure it out yerself.

Why do it that way? They used to have the draw, so you could see who was playing who in the next round, and the format which was the list of games, in order. Who wants to go backwards and forwards bettween draw and format, just to know who plays on various days.

Postby jafinkesaurus

SnookerFan wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's under 'Format' ;)

Why do it that way? They used to have the draw, so you could see who was playing who in the next round, and the format which was the list of games, in order. Who wants to go backwards and forwards bettween draw and format, just to know who plays on various days.

well you wont find out much by complaining about it on the forum <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

jafinkesaurus wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It's under 'Format' ;)

Well, I checked the draw on World Snooker. It has helpfully suggested; The draw for the World Open will appear here when it's available.

<ok>

Postby Wildey

Monday 6th

2.30pm (LOCAL)

Jamie Burnett v WC
Andrew Higginson v WC
Ken Doherty v WC
Robart Milkins v WC

7.30pm (LOCAL)

Dave Harold v WC
Mike Dunn v WC
Martin Gould v WC
Joe Delaney v WC

Tuesday 7th

2.30pm (LOCAL)

Liang Wenbo v Mathew Stevens
Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump
Greame Dott v Doherty/WC
Mark Allen v Stuart Bingham

7.30pm (LOCAL)

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Burnett/WC
Marco Fu v Mark Davis
Mark Williams v Ricky Walden
Ryan Day v Higginson/WC

Wednesday 8th

2.30pm (LOCAL)

Neil Robertson v Peter Ebdon
Ali Carter v Harold/WC
Mark Selby v Dunn/WC
Jamie Cope v Steve Davis

7.30pm (LOCAL)

Ding Junhui v Milkins/WC
Shaun Murphy v Stephen Lee
Stephen Hendry v Gould/WC
Mark King v Delaney/WC

Postby SnookerFan

There we go. Wild, a man who gets results. I knew there was a reason I liked you. <ok>