Post a reply

Betfred World Championship Final Higgins v Williams !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 21st of April~Monday 7th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Sunday 6th of May @ 2pm
Session 2 Sunday 6th of May @ 7pm
Session 1 Monday 7th of May @ 2pm
Session 2 Monday 7th of May @ 7pm

John Higgins v Mark Williams

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Higgins leads leads 31-20
Main Tournaments Higgins leads 16-12
World Championship Williams leads 2-1
Multi Session Matches Higgins leads 6-4
Finals Higgins leads 4-3

John Higgins first played professionally in the last 64 of the Thailand Open a tournament won by James Wattana, Mark Williams won that Match 5-4 but Williams was then beaten 5-1 by Peter Ebdon in the last 48.

John Higgins will start Favourite for but Never count out the resilience of Mark Williams

So can Higgins equal the WC Haul of Ronnie O'Sullivan on 5 or will Mark Williams equal the Haul of Mark Selby on 3?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betfred World Championship Final Higgins v Williams !!

Postby Andre147

The first day will be massive for MJW. He'll be more tired than Higgins I suppose, but just like Selby in 2014 he managed to make damage limitation.

If MJW cant get in front easly on, this is what he'll have to do.

Postby Wildey

First time i saw John Higgins v Mark Williams was in the Final of the Mita World Masters Junior Event in 1991 staged at the NEC Birmingham. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_World_Masters

Ronnie was faverite but Higgins beat him in the quarters and went on to beat Mark 6-1 in the final.

Postby Gridlock

Wildey wrote:First time i saw John Higgins v Mark Williams was in the Final of the Mita World Masters Junior Event in 1991 staged at the NEC Birmingham. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_World_Masters

Ronnie was faverite but Higgins beat him in the quarters and went on to beat Mark 6-1 in the final.

Wonderful info wild.

Postby Andre147

Deewee wrote:Funnily enough Mark mentioned the World Masters final in his press conference. He look quite tired as well :-)

He also beat him the week after 4-0 in some Juniors event...

26 years on after turning pro and these two will battle it out for a World Title... hopefully MJW can win a 3rd, 2 seems very low for such a good player like he obviously is, my 2nd favourite player to watch.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cracking final in prospect. Its a nostalgia feast but so what? Both players have made it on merit. It may be a sign of the dearth of young talent coming through but so be it. Two bona fide legends fighting to the death in the games greatest prize. How could you not like that? Let the battle commence!

Postby SnookerFan

snookerguy wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Meanwhile...we have this.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/mon ... n-12468900

rofl rofl rofl

Off to bed. Nighty night. :wave: :zzz:

As someone who watches both the treatment of GW annoys me. Could easily have put it on instead of Dads Army.

But how will we find out who Mr. Hitler thinks he's kidding?

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Gridlock wrote:This is only my 4th final following and I was 31 in '92 so ya I'm pretty excited about the old guys!

Exactly. Sit back and enjoy Gridlock, this one is going to be ace.

+1

Can’t wait.

I desperately tried to not find out who had won in the Willo match so I could watch it back late last night but I couldn’t find it online and then I saw a small clip of him potting that pink and black so that blew it.

So happy that it’s those two though. Wow.