Topic locked

EPTC1 (the Paul Hunter Classic)

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/shanghai10_qual_news(EPTC1)-2240.htm?tid=168

The closing date for Euro Players Tour Championship event one has now passed. As per the entry pack the draw will be on this website by 5pm on Monday 9 August.

The seeding will be based on the Order of Merit following the completion of PTC3, which is played 6-8 August.

EPTC1 (The Paul Hunter Classic) runs from 27-29 August in Furth, Germany.

Re: EPTC1 (the Paul Hunter Classic)

Postby Wildey

the draw for the Paul Hunter Classic EPTC1 will be on the world snooker site tomorrow just after 5pm.

will Ding Junhui's name be on that ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Ding saving himself for the tournaments that matter :ahh:

yes while hes cold he will be coming up against match sharp qualifiers thats played hours and hours of hard match snooker.

Postby Wildey

lets be honest who are we to judge its his decision and he could have made a conscious decision to stay in china until after the shanghai masters before flying to Britain with other players then.

probably he just wanted time at home cant be easy for him to be away from home for so long.

Postby Bourne

He's more than likely been practicing very hard back at home and if it's in an environment that he's more comfortable with (ie his home), then it's going to be more beneficial for his state of mind which is important for a player with the mentality of Ding.

And one can add, given his sub-standard 2008-09 season, where he won't be dropping many points, he's not going to be losing out as much as most others.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:He's more than likely been practicing very hard back at home and if it's in an environment that he's more comfortable with (ie his home), then it's going to be more beneficial for his state of mind which is important for a player with the mentality of Ding.

And one can add, given his sub-standard 2008-09 season, where he won't be dropping many points, he's not going to be losing out as much as most others.

in the next take off point 2850 getting taken off

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:He's more than likely been practicing very hard back at home and if it's in an environment that he's more comfortable with (ie his home), then it's going to be more beneficial for his state of mind which is important for a player with the mentality of Ding.

yeh but come next season he will start to lose a lot of points from his good 09/10 season and wont have as many safe points in the bag from this season as he could have done if hed entered the PTCs and picked up a few points here and there !

Postby Wildey

yes the full impact of the PTC will not really be felt until next season anyway ...

it will definitely mix it up big time someone like murphy whos had a poor run in the PTC is in real danger of falling down the rankings like lead when the points he won for winning the UK Gets taken off.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

yeh but come next season he will start to lose a lot of points from his good 09/10 season and wont have as many safe points in the bag from this season as he could have done if hed entered the PTCs and picked up a few points here and there !

That won't matter since he'll have all the points from his World Championship success in the bag :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

keeping track of this tournament will be a nightmare lets hope what sarah said this morning will work for this.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Stephen Hendry playing his Lookalike Liu Chaung lol

:huh:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Stephen Hendry playing his Lookalike Liu Chaung lol

:huh:

<laugh>

Postby Wildey

im stil hopeful Eurosport or maybe Eurosport Player might have coverage of this

Postby vinot

wildJONESEYE wrote:im stil hopeful Eurosport or maybe Eurosport Player might have coverage of this

You are? :hmm:

Nobody would be happier than me, but I can't say I share your optimism... :sad:

Postby Wildey

vinot wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:im stil hopeful Eurosport or maybe Eurosport Player might have coverage of this

You are? :hmm:

Nobody would be happier than me, but I can't say I share your optimism... :sad:

im a optamist lol

Postby Monique

What is interesting also is that there is a "plate" competition. I haven't looked into the details but the plate usually allows for those knocked out in the first round to play in a "second chance" tournament. In the ladies the plate carries some ranking points. Not sure here. But it's agreat idea. Nobody comes to play for just one match.

Postby Madz

I would guess at best some highlights shown a month later <laugh> but otherwise I am sure the results will be updated ok, it will be worth checking the German organizer's website first. or ask Island's members who are going to be in Germany to send updates :evilgrin: :ahh:

Postby jafinkesaurus

Madz wrote:

I would guess at best some highlights shown a month later <laugh> but otherwise I am sure the results will be updated ok, it will be worth checking the German organizer's website first. or ask Island's members who are going to be in Germany to send updates :evilgrin: :ahh:

do you think these members will have the time to update stuff on island? im guessing they'll be busy stalking the players watching snooker :ahh:

Postby Madz

jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote:

do you think these members will have the time to update stuff on island? im guessing they'll be busy stalking the players watching snooker :ahh:

easy! they can use toilet update break for that <laugh>

Postby jafinkesaurus

Madz wrote:
jafinkesaurus wrote:
Madz wrote:

easy! they can use toilet update break for that <laugh>

updates from the toilet? thats interesting <laugh> damen or herren?